There are 167 users in the forums

Playoff offense?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
This cannot last. In the playoffs well get destroyed if our offense keeps this up. Calling runs non-stop, getting scared when Vernon coughs up the ball and going full on conservative, not letting Alex air it out. I mean goddamn. Im happy for the win but when Baltimore and Pitts comes in were gonna get destroyed if this keeps up.
when you score more points than the other team, you win 60% of the time, every time.
Come on. I think Harbaugh has a plan and our offense doesn't look that bad. Remember one of our starting receivers from earlier in the season is out for the rest of the year and the other is just getting back from an injury. VD dropped passes and fumbled. There were some miscuses to be sure but I don't see a need to panick
  • lazy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by HessianDud:
when you score more points than the other team, you win 60% of the time, every time.

only 60%?

we are so screwed.
Could we have played better offense - Absolutely.

I think JH is doing enough to get by without showing too much. Obviously he wanted to keep taking time off the clock. I also want more passing HOWEVER we won another and it doesn't seem that anyone was injured.

So all in all a good game for us with LOTS to improve on.
Originally posted by taney71:
Come on. I think Harbaugh has a plan and our offense doesn't look that bad. Remember one of our starting receivers from earlier in the season is out for the rest of the year and the other is just getting back from an injury. VD dropped passes and fumbled. There were some miscuses to be sure but I don't see a need to panick

Thing is were halfway through the season. Were a playoff team. Its about time we have expectations like a playoff team. Its not the dropped passes or fumbles its the mentality that worries me. The Redskins arent exactly a great defensive team and yet we went into a shell. I wouldve thought its around that time we start taking shots giving our guys confidence....or do we wait till the steelers are in town to do that?

P.S. I am completely aware that being able to talk like this about our team is a far FAR cry from preseason lol damn i love being a niner
I think Harbaugh knew the only way we could lose this game if we turned it over. He called a conservative game that did get us the victory.

Its no surprise that the TO we had resulted in the only TD.

I believe there will be a different gameplan next week.
I think we'll continue to get better. I would be really concerned if we weren't moving the ball. Indeed we stalled at times today, but we moved the ball when we needed to.
The 49ers have already beat some other playoff caliber teams so i doubt we will get destroyed.

Originally posted by LanceQ:
I think we'll continue to get better. I would be really concerned if we weren't moving the ball. Indeed we stalled at times today, but we moved the ball when we needed to.

We had no problem moving the ball pass the 50. After that, I was expecting us to falter, and it happened 90% of the time.

Need to fix that.
WE WON THE GODDAMN GAME AND ARE 7-1, WHAT MORE DO YOU GUYS WANT????????????????
Originally posted by ea_thegreat:
The 49ers have already beat some other playoff caliber teams so i doubt we will get destroyed.

this
We installed the offensive gameplan needed to win today and it worked. When we get to the playoffs, if you believe in our coaches you've gotta believe we'll have the gameplan in place to putting us in a winning position when we get there. Not even the Patriots score 30 points every week, just be happy with the wins and we'll worry about the postseason when we get there.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by ea_thegreat:

this
Share 49ersWebzone