There are 197 users in the forums

Crabtree and Alex needing chemistry...and there's only one person to blame

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I think his foot injury is legit and I'm not too worried YET about the missed opportunities. I think just like the running game it will come together.

Alex had a good thing working with Morgan at flanker with Braylon and Crab splitting time at split end. Then Braylon went down and Crab took over at split end. Then Morgan goes down and Braylon comes back so Crabtree makes the switch to flanker because Braylon is more comfortable at split end.

I think flanker is the better spot for Crab and I believe after the dust settles on the musical positions the passing game will be primed for better production. Hopefully Alex starts to devlop with Crab at flanker what he had working with Morgan.
  • Jiks
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
I think his foot injury is legit and I'm not too worried YET about the missed opportunities. I think just like the running game it will come together.

Alex had a good thing working with Morgan at flanker with Braylon and Crab splitting time at split end. Then Braylon went down and Crab took over at split end. Then Morgan goes down and Braylon comes back so Crabtree makes the switch to flanker because Braylon is more comfortable at split end.

I think flanker is the better spot for Crab and I believe after the dust settles on the musical positions the passing game will be primed for better production. Hopefully Alex starts to devlop with Crab at flanker what he had working with Morgan.

The thing I like is that Alex is throwing his way a lot more the past couple weeks. It shows that those two are trying to make a connection but maybe that's the problem is that they are both, or maybe just one, trying too hard instead of playing football. To me it looks like it's one big play away to give these guys confidence. Maybe less thinking and more producing.

Having Edwards back is obviously a huge boost to this offense. Honestly, who do you guard? Vernon? B.E.? Crabtree? Walker? Gore out of the back field? This offense as a whole has some great weapons, but like you say, they have only been together for a very short amount of time. I mean look at the past 7 games. First few games or so our rushing attack was non-existent, not only that but our Oline looked to be possibly one of the worst I personally have ever seen(even though I figured they couldn't be that bad). Suddenly though mid Eagles game, something really clicked for the Oline. They have played pretty well ever since. As far as Gore, he may be a tad bit slower, but as far as being a running back he has progressed. His vision seems on point, and his little shift moves to make guys miss is pheominal.

My point though is that this team is still a work in progress. Look how far this team has come in 3 months. It should only get better ad better once this offense has time to figure each other out. Hopefully around week 14-15 this team is close to full stride. Right before we make a playoff push and maybe even a first week bye.
Crabtree messed up his foot the 1st week of June but didn't have surgery until July. He wasted 4 weeks getting his foot taken care of. He only ran one play in practice at SJ State before he hobbled off which tells me that he was probably hurt when he showed up. Bad fitting shoes was his excuse. Right, when pigs fly. I guess he also misjudged his recovery rate because he wasn't quite well enough to start the season. Just well enough to miss all of preseason.
Originally posted by smashmouth51:
Crabtree messed up his foot the 1st week of June but didn't have surgery until July. He wasted 4 weeks getting his foot taken care of. He only ran one play in practice at SJ State before he hobbled off which tells me that he was probably hurt when he showed up. Bad fitting shoes was his excuse. Right, when pigs fly. I guess he also misjudged his recovery rate because he wasn't quite well enough to start the season. Just well enough to miss all of preseason.

yeah, i'm confident that he would rather walk around with a broken foot for a month than practice. That wily diva hate preseason so much!!!
  • ttime
Originally posted by smashmouth51:
Now this is some stupid azz sh*t. Everyone including the teams doctors establish that his injury was legit, yet you hold on this like a used rubber. Talk about something that's real.
  • dj43
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
I think it's more of Alex trying to adjust to Crabtree than anything Crabtree is doing. Some passes the qb has to anticipate the speed of the receiver out of his break and lead him accurately. Other passes he has to throw high away form a defender and let the receiver jump for it, but those just takes a few inches to be too high and miss the receiver altogether. It's anticipating how far his receiver will jump for it. Then other passes where he's just throwing to a certain spot on a timing route and let the receiver get to it. It's mostly on Smith but he needs to work with Crabtree to get better. I don't see any way around it.

Best post of the bunch, really. Comes down to nothing more than this.

If Alex had Crabtree in practice every week and they ran these plays full speed, this would go a long way into perfecting the 11-15 connection.

^^^^
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
He might have a perception of a diva in the media, but his teammates dont feel that way, they respect him.

Dude has a huge "catch radius" so he can catch those retarded lobs by smith

Brian Jennings was talking about Crabtree this morning and mentioned all of that.. except the smith part

You need to watch more football. Watch what guys like Steve Smith and Calvin Johnson and Greg Jennings and even Jimmy Graham are doing to catch less than perfect passes from guys like Rodgers and Brees and Newton and Stafford.

guys make ridiculous catches for all QBs all the time. if a receiver needs most of his balls to be in good location, they shouldnt be NFL receivers, jsut like QBs expecting clean pockets from which to pass is unrealistic...
Originally posted by valrod33:
push off
He's one of my favorite players. Chemistry is the biggest problem. I've never blamed Crabtree for the injuries I mean how could you? That's ignorant. The guy to me is a hard worker. And most importantly Harbaugh loves him. Must tell you something..
Stick to the CFL.

Originally posted by RonMexico:
Originally posted by valrod33:
push off

Megaton does it too
I think Alex knows Crabs can catch anything regardless of where the ball is placed I'm really impressed by him this year he's growing into something special right in front of us don't understand the hate for him.....
Damn that video says it all.

Smith threw an unreal shot with a DL on his ass and Crabtree leaped at the last second to get it.

Look, this isn't Montana/Rice or Young/Rice or Montanta/Young Taylor/Clark but jesus friking christ.

Those two pulled off some MAJOR on the same page stuff.

To you whiners - STFU
Really - STFU !
I do not get why some of you guys always have to find something to b***h and moan about. From the way that some of you post, you'd think we were 1-6 not 6-1. Some of you ladies need to nut up or shut up, this constant bashing of our players is just stupid. The passing part of the WCO is the most complicated in football, it takes time to get the timing and chemistry down, so chill the f**k out already.
Share 49ersWebzone