LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 202 users in the forums

Crabtree and Alex needing chemistry...and there's only one person to blame

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NinerPride365:
This +11

Ok, so I've noticed a comical trend developing here in the Zone this year and it makes me smile! Has anybody else noticed the inordinate amount of crap being posted this year? In recent years, we would all be b***hing about the coaches, the o-line, Alex, blah, blah, blah, blah.... This year though, our team is kicking ass and taking names and we are relegated to finding something (read: ANYTHING) to talk about because we are all so amped up for the following Sunday (which by the way, seems like an eternity between games, whereas even as recently as last year, it seems like the minute a game ended, the next one began, as we piled up the Ls).....

Damn it feels good to be a NINER!!!!!!!!!

Your post reminds me of something I was considering earlier today as I looked around the net on multiple SF sites. Since we have been doing well and winning, post counts and forum activities have been remarkably lower... yes, lower in volume. Seems people like to post a whole lot more when they can complain and hate... but when there's little to hate on... uh oh.... then what?

Originally posted by oldman9er:
Your post reminds me of something I was considering earlier today as I looked around the net on multiple SF sites. Since we have been doing well and winning, post counts and forum activities have been remarkably lower... yes, lower in volume. Seems people like to post a whole lot more when they can complain and hate... but when there's little to hate on... uh oh.... then what?

My thoughts exactly....... case in point? The boards of the rest of the NFC West....... now those are some busy forums!!! To be honest, I've been spending almost as much time at the forums of our division's other teams as I have the Zone! Look, it makes for great entertainment at no expense!
Originally posted by gamechanger:
Originally posted by ady2glude707:
What about the high throw to MC in the endzone (CIN game - where the official ruled he stepped out of bounds), was crabs late or slow on that throw too?

Really? There were 2 defenders in the area and Alex put it up where Crabtree could only get it or the throw would go out of bounds.
Ball was were Crabs could actually catch it, what more do you want in a throw to the endzone? (which as we all know we got screwed by the refs, but ooh well---GO NINERS )
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Crabtree and Smith WILL connect this week. im expecting us to torch them this week. theyll be gearing up for Gore and i think theyre vulnerable through the air anyway.
ME neither, are we really suppose to be scared of Deangelo Hall? (I'm asking--- Is he actually a good corner or not? I mean he's fast. and destroyed Cutler last year, but are we as Niner fans suppose to be scared???? Honest question are we?)
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Why are we still talking about what's WRONG with Crabtree?

The guy has played well. He's nearly jumped out of the stadium going up for passes. He's been WIDE OPEN on more than one occasion and Alex simply missed him. If Alex completes those two passes in the last game, he's got 100+ more yards and 2 more TDs. Would we still be talking about what's wrong with him if he had over 150 yards and 3 TDs?

He's fine. Drop it.

This!
Originally posted by GOLD22VEINS:
Originally posted by GOLD22VEINS:
Originally posted by maximill15:
Originally posted by ttime:
Originally posted by Canadian49er:
Alex's best throws with the best touch are to Vernon. He's dropped in some amazing balls in double and triple coverage to VD.But, when it comes to Crab, the balls are too high or too overthrown. Could it be Crabtree's speed deceiving Alex? MC seems to have nice acceleration but lacks consistent and breakaway speed. But that's not the main issue...

Crabtree misses A LOT of practice time with "injuries". How many training camps has he been to again? How many days of Camp Alex did he participate in?

It's no wonder they can't get on the same page.

Remember how good Alex and Battle were at being on the same page? Arnaz and Smith spent a lot of time together on the practice field...and it's the same situation with Vernon.

Hopefully this supposedly "team first" version of Crabtree starts putting in more work off the field. Alex to Crab has the potential to be potent if they can get on the same page Alex and Vernon are on.

The responsibility of the QB is to get the ball to the receiver, period. Alex has issues with accuracy. He has missed or thrown poor balls to all of his targets. His most recent interception was a poorly thrown ball to an open VD. He throws more poorly thrown balls to Crabtree because he likely understands that Crabtree is one of his best play makers and can more so catch the ball if he puts in in the vicinity.

It is quite ignorant to keep pointing to the time Crabtree missed as a result of an INJURY as evidence of some character flaw in an attempt to excuse Alex's flaws. Last year he was injured during training camp doing what? Trying to catch one of Alex's highly thrown balls. So Crabtree is on the practice field and becomes injured trying to catch the same types of poorly thrown balls that Alex is throwing during the game and its HIS fault???? That is pathetically discriminatory (And I didn't say racial).

So what he missed time, He and Alex have played together for nearly 21/2 seasons. Crabtree ran different routes than Morgan. If Alex doesn't know the difference between the two by now, he is much less intelligent than you all make him out to be.

With your reasoning, there would never be any completions in pick-up football games. This is not a bash Alex response either. It is intended to quash the continued attempts to create a character flaw; despite all of the evidence indicating otherwise.

If you watch the browns game.... It's Alex smiths fault. Too high, too low, too inaccurate. Low passes to Braylon and too high to Crabtree. The only reason why he ain't throwing picks is cause aint no body gonna catch the ones he is missing.

Yup.

Ant the only reason he has 9 TDs is because he missed the guy 10 yards behind the guy in the endzone.....9 times.

Ranked 31 in passing offense. Ya it's not Alex's fault

I'm not assigning blame. If you bothered to read the rest of the thread, I've been defending Crabtree.

I'm simply pointing out how....um....well.....trying to be less blunt than the word I'm thinking........LAME your assertion is that the only reason he doesn't have more pics is that his passes are uncatchable.

Also, the 31st rating has alot more to do with the offense that's being run than issues at QB. If you are innovative in the run game and are running for almost 200 yards per game (over the last 4) and are getting the ball with great field position, you don't NEED to throw for 300.

Please pay more attention before you go and make...ahem....LAME comments on a message board.
[ Edited by Marvin49 on Nov 3, 2011 at 2:30 PM ]
Why are we still talking about what's WRONG with Crabtree?

The guy has played well. He's nearly jumped out of the stadium going up for passes. He's been WIDE OPEN on more than one occasion and Alex simply missed him. If Alex completes those two passes in the last game, he's got 100+ more yards and 2 more TDs. Would we still be talking about what's wrong with him if he had over 150 yards and 3 TDs?

He's fine. Drop it.
Amen
I give credit where credit is due. I will give you points 2) and 3) but I don't agree with what's quoted below.

1) He didn't insinuate anything. He asked who the QB was. The guy is socially awkward. It was us as fans and the media that made that an issue, not him. If Josh Morgan had said the EXACT same thing, we'd never have said anything.

You can't say "He didn't insinuate anything". I don't buy that his comments are entirely due to being "socially awkward". It may play a slight factor, but I think his past choice of words are due to him being a little immature and dare I say... diva-ish or at least used to be. You don't say comments such as:
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/39150/alex-smith-fuels-crabtree-perceptions
Crabtree, asked about Mike Johnson's debut as offensive coordinator, answered this way: "Mike Johnson did his thing. He did what he was supposed to do. He got everybody the ball. Only thing is, Mike Johnson can't throw the ball. He can just call plays."

You know and I know what Crab meant by that.

I can't say enough that he's obviously maturing. I'm excited about his future play and role as a leader. But we who are a little skeptical aren't blind without a basis either.

Anyways, I'm tired of talking about this..... GO Niners!
completely agree, he should of signed when he was drafted, but if anything, Parker his agent should be blamed! Is frank gore a diva cause he tried to hold out? regardless of how long Franks hold out lasted, he held out as mustangmele said "for more money while the economy was deteriorating and people all over the place were losing their jobs" LOL which is bogus but can be applied here! Second if ANYONE should be labeled a DIVA in the slightest it should be VD. Every fight in practice involves VD, remember the guy who got kicked out of the game by Coach Dingleberry, remember the guy guaranteeing victories and telling the media that the other team quit, IT WASNT CRABTREE!

The difference between Gore and Crabtree though was that Gore deserved a raise (contract extension). I can understand holding out and playing hard to get but what he did was ridiculous for a rookie at the time and the large majority agreed at the time.
Originally posted by mustangmele:
I give credit where credit is due. I will give you points 2) and 3) but I don't agree with what's quoted below.

1) He didn't insinuate anything. He asked who the QB was. The guy is socially awkward. It was us as fans and the media that made that an issue, not him. If Josh Morgan had said the EXACT same thing, we'd never have said anything.

You can't say "He didn't insinuate anything". I don't buy that his comments are entirely due to being "socially awkward". It may play a slight factor, but I think his past choice of words are due to him being a little immature and dare I say... diva-ish or at least used to be. You don't say comments such as:
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/39150/alex-smith-fuels-crabtree-perceptions
Crabtree, asked about Mike Johnson's debut as offensive coordinator, answered this way: "Mike Johnson did his thing. He did what he was supposed to do. He got everybody the ball. Only thing is, Mike Johnson can't throw the ball. He can just call plays."

I can't say enough that he's obviously maturing. I'm excited about his future play and role as a leader. But we who are a little skeptical aren't blind without a basis either.

We'll agree to disagree on that.

The social awkwardness I'm talking about is what gets him in trouble. Sometimes he says stuff he shouldn't say, but I don't hink its because he's a diva. Its because he doesn't KNOW he shouldn't say that.

Its a classic case of screwing up by telling the truth.

How the hell did Mike Johnson get everybody the ball if Mike Johnson cant throw the ball? The quote makes no sense.
completely agree, he should of signed when he was drafted, but if anything, Parker his agent should be blamed! Is frank gore a diva cause he tried to hold out? regardless of how long Franks hold out lasted, he held out as mustangmele said "for more money while the economy was deteriorating and people all over the place were losing their jobs" LOL which is bogus but can be applied here! Second if ANYONE should be labeled a DIVA in the slightest it should be VD. Every fight in practice involves VD, remember the guy who got kicked out of the game by Coach Dingleberry, remember the guy guaranteeing victories and telling the media that the other team quit, IT WASNT CRABTREE!

The difference between Gore and Crabtree though was that Gore deserved a raise (contract extension). I can understand holding out and playing hard to get but what he did was ridiculous for a rookie at the time and the large majority agreed at the time.

you act like Crabtree is the only guy to ever holdout. People need to move on from the holdout.
Way to go captain obvious.
Originally posted by valrod33:
How the hell did Mike Johnson get everybody the ball if Mike Johnson cant throw the ball? The quote makes no sense.

According to the context it appears that Johnson "got everybody the ball" in terms of calling plays where each receiver had a legitimate shot at making a play.
Originally posted by valrod33:

you act like Crabtree is the only guy to ever holdout. People need to move on from the holdout.

Dude....its not like it happned 3 years ago ore someth....what? It WAS three years ago?
Share 49ersWebzone