LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 258 users in the forums

If Alex reaches the NFC championship this year, or possibly the SB,

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • boqi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by HessianDud:
so you would really rather not win the NFC Championship than win it the way we are playing now?

that's a joke. right?

It was a thought-provoking rethorical question. Of course I want to see our team succeed. But you would have to admit it's not in-line with our dynasty-style superbowl trips.
Originally posted by boqi:
Even if we reach or even win the NFC championship, is this how you really want it done? With an inconsistent Smith? The thing that's made the Niners' 5 superbowl victories so special is that we were always 100% prepared to crush the opponent it wasn't even funny.

Apparently you have forgotten 1981.

And realistically, to return from the dismal place we occupied for most of the last decade requires steps. To just reach the playoffs is the first important one. Been a time since we have done that. Lets not bytch about style points until we are back where we belong.

And, by the way, not sure I see where the inconsistencies are. Throwing interceptions? No, thats not it. Guts, leadership and clutch performance? No issues there. Hmm.
so you would really rather not win the NFC Championship than win it the way we are playing now?

that's a joke. right?

It was a thought-provoking rethorical question. Of course I want to see our team succeed. But you would have to admit it's not in-line with our dynasty-style superbowl trips.

It was a b******t shot at the QB, it was made to provoke alright...
drafting Smith #1 overall was, itself, not crazy. It was failing to properly develop him.

yup.
Originally posted by tcniners559:
I don't know how to quote in sections so I'm just quoting the whole text. The part I want to comment on is "Second its not Alex winning. Its the whole team winning". Let me get this straight, now that we are winning its the team winning. But when we had to endure all those years of losing everyone was putting the blame on Alex. Seems like a bit of a contradiction to me. Also I feel we can talk SB all we want, especially since it is actually something we are on pace of accomplishing. I don't think any team can beat is on any given Sunday. I do believe we can suffer fluke losses as was evident with the Saints vs the Rams. We beat the teams we are supposed to beat and we give a good game against the upper echelon teams.

Just my opinion...don't bash me too hard if you disagree.
How am I contradicting myself? I say that I never completely blamed Alex for the loosing. I never once got on a board and bashed him, I even say I"M AN ALEX GUY. Don't poop yer pampers just because I don't believe, YET, that he'll be an elite QB. I'm proud to have him.
[ Edited by AlexSmithNWessonOil on Nov 3, 2011 at 3:40 PM ]
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
completely agree. the above post was some of the same horse s**t people have been spewing around here lately. when we lose its alex but when we win its a team win despite alex's best effort to make us lose. also we can talk about superbowl and anything else we want, why should fans not look ahead? were not playing the games. people who say that make no sense. we have absolutely no outcome on the team looking past people. if anything all the anticipation and thought of a superbowl with the 49ers gives fans that extra breath to chear louder at games.
Horse poopy? Really? Dude, read slowly. I don't think Alex is putting his "best effort" into making us lose. If I thought that I'd be retarded. I never put all the blame on him for the losses, I defend Alex every time some fan, be it of the Niners or not, starts ripping him. I even said that this year is proof of his ability to succeed. My GOD DAMN USER NAME HAS ALEX SMITH IN IT!!! So don't lump my post in with all the other "Alex Hating" that goes on in this forum. If you do, then you obviously didn't soak up my message. And if Super Bowl anticipation gives you extra breath at games, then have at it, bud. The Stick can never be too loud.
[ Edited by AlexSmithNWessonOil on Nov 3, 2011 at 3:38 PM ]
Originally posted by AlexSmithNWessonOil:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
completely agree. the above post was some of the same horse s**t people have been spewing around here lately. when we lose its alex but when we win its a team win despite alex's best effort to make us lose. also we can talk about superbowl and anything else we want, why should fans not look ahead? were not playing the games. people who say that make no sense. we have absolutely no outcome on the team looking past people. if anything all the anticipation and thought of a superbowl with the 49ers gives fans that extra breath to chear louder at games.
Horse poopy? Really? Dude, read slowly. I don't think Alex is putting his "best effort" into making us lose. If I thought that I'd be retarded. I never put all the blame on him for the losses, I defend Alex every time some fan, be it of the Niners or not, starts ripping him. I even said that this year is proof of his ability to succeed. My GOD DAMN USER NAME HAS ALEX SMITH IN IT!!! So don't lump my post in with all the other "Alex Hating" that goes on in this forum. If you do, then you obviously didn't soak up my message. And if Super Bowl anticipation gives you extra breath at games, then have at it, bud. The Stick can never be too loud.
Oh, I get it. You're 10.

that's a joke. right?

its dumb to live in the past.
Originally posted by susweel:
If Alex reaches the super bowl I will personally go buy an Alex Smith jersey take a pic of me wearing it and post it on the zone.

Two years ago I found these gorgeous Alex Smith jerseys in Marshalls of all places. They were both in my size. They weren't some cheap knockoff. They were the real thing. As I recall, they were priced at $5.99.

Jesus Christ, why didn't I buy both of those damn things?

Originally posted by IWasWrongRubber:
If Alex reaches the super bowl I will personally go buy an Alex Smith jersey take a pic of me wearing it and post it on the zone.

Two years ago I found these gorgeous Alex Smith jerseys in Marshalls of all places. They were both in my size. They weren't some cheap knockoff. They were the real thing. As I recall, they were priced at $5.99.

because you were blinded by the fog of red-hot alex hate?

I wouldn't call it hate. I just didn't think he'd ever develop. It would be like owning a DeBerg jersey.

I wouldn't call it hate. I just didn't think he'd ever develop. It would be like owning a DeBerg jersey.

Originally posted by English:
Even if we reach or even win the NFC championship, is this how you really want it done? With an inconsistent Smith? The thing that's made the Niners' 5 superbowl victories so special is that we were always 100% prepared to crush the opponent it wasn't even funny.

Apparently you have forgotten 1981.

And realistically, to return from the dismal place we occupied for most of the last decade requires steps. To just reach the playoffs is the first important one. Been a time since we have done that. Lets not bytch about style points until we are back where we belong.

And, by the way, not sure I see where the inconsistencies are. Throwing interceptions? No, thats not it. Guts, leadership and clutch performance? No issues there. Hmm.

It's yards. He does not throw for enough yards. W's don't matter, it's all about the yards.

If it wasn't yards I wonder what their excuse would be then.

• Axl49
  • Veteran
drafting Smith #1 overall was, itself, not crazy. It was failing to properly develop him.

This now end thread before people go on tirades or get butt hurt. 13-3 this year baby !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Share 49ersWebzone