LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 292 users in the forums

If Alex reaches the NFC championship this year, or possibly the SB,

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by susweel:
If Alex reaches the super bowl I will personally go buy an Alex Smith jersey take a pic of me wearing it and post it on the zone.

Will you wear this jersey?

Originally posted by StLNiner:
Yes.

*When were you with Team 6?

You know I cant tell you that
Originally posted by verb1der:

Of course...why would I change my routine at all?
Worth it.....I mean thats why we drafted him in the first place.....we thought he would win us a SB or 2 so if he does that......money and time well invested.....
Originally posted by 80849er4life:
Worth it.....I mean thats why we drafted him in the first place.....we thought he would win us a SB or 2 so if he does that......money and time well invested.....

I think I would Franchise his ass for another year before giving him the house... again. Lets see if he can build on this next year without risk another 50 million and 5 years
Originally posted by HessianDud:
drafting Smith #1 overall was, itself, not crazy. It was failing to properly develop him.

He has a REAL chance of making the NFC Championship this year. And we can get the #1 or #2 seed. I never stopped believing in the guy. He had NoWin and SingleBrainCell. Alex is the type of guy who needs the support and develpment of a good coach. He flourishes under that. I always thought with coaching he could be pretty good. He doesn't have to be the best guy in the league. Just pretty good. We have a pretty good team around him now. So he does his thing and the others do theirs.
If Alex reaches the super bowl I will personally go buy an Alex Smith jersey take a pic of me wearing it and post it on the zone.

This year must be really hard for you....

It reminds me of when Vernon Davis had 965 and 13 TD's and then followed it up with 900 + and 7 TD's and Krizay would routinely disappear from threads...
Originally posted by SealTeam6:

I think I would Franchise his ass for another year before giving him the house... again. Lets see if he can build on this next year without risk another 50 million and 5 years

the franchise rate for a QB would be pretty high. think we can get a better deal by signing him to an extension.
Originally posted by SealTeam6:

Im pretty sure Tom Brady and Peyton Manning sighned huge deals this off-season, I think Franchising Smith would be too high for my taste....But if he wins a SB then he deserves the Tag.....if he doesnt then its time for a "Night Kaep"...
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

It reminds me of when Vernon Davis had 965 and 13 TD's and then followed it up with 900 + and 7 TD's and Krizay would routinely disappear from threads...

Not me man Im always here to face the music. Unlike others on this site I dont mind being proven wrong.

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by verb1der:

Nah man I cant rock the pink.
What is it with the Alex Redemption Meter on this board? Even the title on this thread made me grit my teeth. First of all, stop talking about NFC title games and Super Bowls. STOP RIGHT NOW. We're playing fantastic football right now, but that can change with ONE bad loss, or worse, a string of them. This is a "One Game at a Time" kind of team. We can still be beat by anyone out there on the right/wrong Sunday.

Second, it's not Alex winning. Its the whole team. It is an entirely different situation, and by that I mean from their draft days up until now, for Smith and Rodgers. They are two ENTIRELY different types of quarterback doing very different things for their team. Do you honestly think if The Niners win a Bowl these two guys will be on the same level, or of equal value, or even compared in a competitive way? Take Rodgers from the Packers and they are finished. Done. Take Smith from the Niners, and yes, we are not as good, and we lose games, but that's because we have two rookies backing him up who are not ready to run this offense.

I love what Alex has done this year, and I'm very excited to see what he does after a couple of seasons with some solidarity at OC and supporting cast, but I have no illusions about what kind of QB he is. From his body of work thus far, and I know its a new offense and guys are still coming back and timing may not be there all the time with everyone, he isn't and probably won't be a top tier QB.

This is coming from an "Alex guy." I've always thought he got a raw deal from the start, and I could never fully blame him for the lousy results. This year is proof, so far, that he CAN succeed under the right direction. But if we do go deep into the playoffs, I seriously doubt it will be mostly because of his prolific play. It will be because our defense was top notch, because our running game was brutal, and because Alex made the passes he should have. Because that's how our winning has happened (pretty much) thus far.
Im pretty sure Tom Brady and Peyton Manning sighned huge deals this off-season, I think Franchising Smith would be too high for my taste....But if he wins a SB then he deserves the Tag.....if he doesnt then its time for a "Night Kaep"...

So if we win a couple of playoff games then we start planning his goodbye party? I don't get that. He deserves a t least another year, if not two more, under the same staff, in the same offense. He's earned it, dude.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Not me man Im always here to face the music. Unlike others on this site I dont mind being proven wrong.

Hey at least you are a stand up guy... If he makes the NFC Championship game give him a break for a while. And if he makes the Super Bowl admit he is FAR BETTER than you ever thought.
  • Happs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by doodle:
He shouldn't even really be on the list, but next to Romo, you need to add "has not won a playoff game, ever."

I hate the Cowboys too and think Romo is s**te! But.....

In 2009 in the first round of the playoffs, Romo had a 104.9 passer rating in a 34-14 win over the Philadelphia Eagles, earning the first play-off win in 13 years for the Dallas Cowboys, and his own first career post-season win.

In any case, screw Dallas and Romo.
Share 49ersWebzone