LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 266 users in the forums

Are the 49ers are going to wear throw back uniforms this year if yes when?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by FILTHpigskin:
Originally posted by VA49er:
Uhh??? Don't we wear our 80s throwbacks every week now? I'm just happy we are in the unis we are currently in every game. They are throwback and they are awesome.

This x1,000,000

our 80's original unis have stripes on their socks, the red is different and they wore white cleats
Originally posted by GOLD22VEINS:
Originally posted by FILTHpigskin:
Uhh??? Don't we wear our 80s throwbacks every week now? I'm just happy we are in the unis we are currently in every game. They are throwback and they are awesome.

This x1,000,000

our 80's original unis have stripes on their socks, the red is different and they wore white cleats

gamechanger, you should seriously share all these with Paul Lukas on his UniWatch blog (http://www.uni-watch.com/). He does accept uni design concept submissions via e-mail and if he likes them enough (like me he's of the old-school style preference) he'll post and share it on his daily blog.
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Originally posted by 9erVillian:
They need to go back to these:

Sickest white uni's ive ever seen.

Def these. Bring em back!
NO WHITE UNIS. Somebody start the pole. Is this some kind of thing where younger niner fans don't know how awesome the 80s 49ers were.
NO WHITE UNIS. Somebody start the pole. Is this some kind of thing where younger niner fans don't know how awesome the 80s 49ers were.

The 80's 49ers were awesome. But the thing is between the 1980's unis...

...and the current ones worn since 2009...

...there are only minute differences that most non-49er fans would be hard-pressed to spot (probably why EA always f**ks up our unis/throwbacks in Madden )

Having a throwback alternate that both honors the 1994 team, and the 1940s-early 60's teams which had no gold helmets/pants would be a nice change of pace. It's NOT like the team is going to switch TOTALLY to silver helmets or white pants....the NFL has gotten stricter on alternates and the rule now is teams at most can only wear throwbacks/alts for at most 2 games (and they can't be primetime games )
I want to see the 80's uniforms back ass well. Those were the days.

But i think the current uniforms are great, dont switch around too much
  • kray28
  • Veteran
We should also have a White Helmet to go with the all White look....White Helmet with Black and Red Accented SF logo.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by REDnWHITE29:
I want to see the 80's uniforms back ass well. Those were the days.

But i think the current uniforms are great, dont switch around too much

What we have now is basically (for all intents and purposes), the "80s look". Yeah, they're missing some stripes the socks....but big whoop. Close enough.

Originally posted by 49ersfiverings:
I want to see 1994 Throw Backs. We are finely good enough to do them some justice.

They suck, shadows, white pants, oh fabulous...

You have a clear and present clue bro..white, my god...GOLD & RED how much harder can it be? Crimson & Gold, Scarlet & Gold...whites are away ONLY.. Oh for sure lets use those ugly a$$ grey helmets..puke, puke...
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Bali-Niner:
Originally posted by 49ersfiverings:
I want to see 1994 Throw Backs. We are finely good enough to do them some justice.

They suck, shadows, white pants, oh fabulous...

Yeah, they suck.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
People!!

The uniform is not changing, just the brand name and material!!!!!!
all white away unis...it looks good in madden
Share 49ersWebzone