There are 160 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

A little nervous...

the only reason the skins got choice to begin with is cos they were THE ONLY TEAM to put a waiver claim on him...dude is damaged goods, and the skins are hurtin so bad @ RB they signed him anyways

Niners D <---salivating
Originally posted by tohara3:
One week at a time

That's how I see it.

More to the point, I'm not buying the notion that the hardest part of the schedule is behind us. With the Giants, Ravens, and Steelers looming in the weeks ahead, I'm a bit confused as to how that notion has recently become a faddish truism on this board, much less the idea that we'll cruise to the playoffs.

Moreover, divisional games are always tough, no matter how bad your division is supposed to be. Clearly, the Seachickens, Cards, and even the Rams can rise to the occasion, if you let them. What's more, the "I" word rears its ugly head as the season progresses.

Yeah, you'd better believe I'm nervous. The stakes are real this year.
[ Edited by BubbaParisMVP on Nov 1, 2011 at 7:15 PM ]
Originally posted by BubbaParisMVP:

Yeah, you'd better believe I'm nervous. The stakes are real this year.

Well Put. I feel the same way.
Outside the Steelers I'm confident we can beat anyone on our schedule.

Redskins - Beck was sacked 9 times last week. Our front 7 will kill.

Our division opponents - As long as we are focused we can sweep.

Giants - Pressure Eli and you win. Don't let them get into a rhythm and keep their defense on their toes.

Ravens - Pressure Flaaco and stop Ray Rice = win.
I ain't never scared only game I worried about is the ravens and maybe the giants in November
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:
Lol, Tashard Choice. You lost me.

Ya I'm thinking the Skins signing him would actually give us an even greater chance to win. Dudes crap.
Originally posted by Crazy49er1313:
Now, I've been one of the biggest braggers about this team (if proof wanted, come up to Seattle, where I'm the only person who's wearing 49er gear 5 out of 7 days a week, even before the season ), but I have a bad feeling about this month of November. Here's our schedule:

Nov. 6 @Wash: Not as worried, but the signing of Tashard Choice does worry me. Wash's defense is good, but if they find a way to establish a run game it could be a little close for comfort for my liking. As long as we keep our composure I think we will be fine.

Nov. 13 vs Giants: This is a tricky game in my mind. Sure, we're @ home and the Giants run offense is lacking, but their ability to spread the ball around makes me very nervous. With the emergence of Cruz and the improving health of Nicks/Manningham, our secondary will have it's hands full since their OL is pretty good. Also, their 8-man rotation @ DL is stronger than Detroits was, though our run game should be able to get through (if Reggie can get 100yds, what about our RBs?). It'll be hard-fought and can see either team winning.

Nov. 20 vs Ari: can you say TRAP GAME?!?!?!?!?!...we have a huge game in Baltimore four days later and it'll be safe to assume the Cards will have been winless up to this point. With nothing to lose, our team better not be looking down the road as they would like nothing better than to beat us @ home. They have the ability to, but our talent stacks up well against their weaknesses. Will be a hard-fought 1st half, but our 2nd half will be dictated by how much we keep them in the game.

Nov. 24 @ Balt: Emotions will be flying with the "Harbaugh Bowl", which if both teams records stay intact, will be more publicized than the Lions/Packers game. Not only bragging rights, but ability for each team to say they are contenders will be on the line as they face off. Will be a brutally fought game and will end on a costly turnover within the opponents redzone for a 4-point victory

After that, just the game @ Seattle worries me (Steelers @ home Monday night for a short week to the loudest stadium in the league...yeah, don't see anything easy about that), but I know our team has the skill, will, and coaching to strive beyond all of this and succeed. So, I ask all of you, who's got it better than us?

NOBODY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just want to take this opportunity to coin the thanksgiving day game the Harbauwl. I can't figure out how to spell it. Harbowl? Say it out loud and it sounds great.
The Cardinals always play the Niners tough. The Rams just put a serious whipping on the Saints. And, our next Seahawks game is in Seattle. Throw the Ravens and the Steelers in there for a couple of grueling, tough games. The rest of the season is no cake-walk and after the last ten years, it surprises me that fans are so damn sure things are going to go well. I've got a great feeling about this team, but let's not fool ourselves into thinking the rest of the season is going to be easy. If they beat the Steelers, the ESPN people are going to have to admit that this year's Niner team is an elite team. If they beat the Ravens, everyone will be sure it's a tough team. The Niners will get no credit for beating the division rivals, but we should all know those games are not going to be as easy as everyone seems to think. If the Niners end up at something like 13-3 or 12-4, they will have earned it.
So I take it every game is a trap game?
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
So I take it every game is a trap game?

Yes. In the NFL today, almost every game is a trap game. Who could have possibly predicted that the Rams would just demolish the Saints last Sunday? The Giants, Steelers, Ravens - these are games that the east coast media expects to be tough for the Niners. I expect the Rams to be just as tough.
Originally posted by VA49er:
Originally posted by Crazy49er1313:
Now, I've been one of the biggest braggers about this team (if proof wanted, come up to Seattle, where I'm the only person who's wearing 49er gear 5 out of 7 days a week, even before the season ), but I have a bad feeling about this month of November. Here's our schedule:

Nov. 6 @Wash: Not as worried, but the signing of Tashard Choice does worry me. Wash's defense is good, but if they find a way to establish a run game it could be a little close for comfort for my liking. As long as we keep our composure I think we will be fine.

Nov. 13 vs Giants: This is a tricky game in my mind. Sure, we're @ home and the Giants run offense is lacking, but their ability to spread the ball around makes me very nervous. With the emergence of Cruz and the improving health of Nicks/Manningham, our secondary will have it's hands full since their OL is pretty good. Also, their 8-man rotation @ DL is stronger than Detroits was, though our run game should be able to get through (if Reggie can get 100yds, what about our RBs?). It'll be hard-fought and can see either team winning.

Nov. 20 vs Ari: can you say TRAP GAME?!?!?!?!?!...we have a huge game in Baltimore four days later and it'll be safe to assume the Cards will have been winless up to this point. With nothing to lose, our team better not be looking down the road as they would like nothing better than to beat us @ home. They have the ability to, but our talent stacks up well against their weaknesses. Will be a hard-fought 1st half, but our 2nd half will be dictated by how much we keep them in the game.

Nov. 24 @ Balt: Emotions will be flying with the "Harbaugh Bowl", which if both teams records stay intact, will be more publicized than the Lions/Packers game. Not only bragging rights, but ability for each team to say they are contenders will be on the line as they face off. Will be a brutally fought game and will end on a costly turnover within the opponents redzone for a 4-point victory

After that, just the game @ Seattle worries me (Steelers @ home Monday night for a short week to the loudest stadium in the league...yeah, don't see anything easy about that), but I know our team has the skill, will, and coaching to strive beyond all of this and succeed. So, I ask all of you, who's got it better than us?

NOBODY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just want to take this opportunity to coin the thanksgiving day game the Harbauwl. I can't figure out how to spell it. Harbowl? Say it out loud and it sounds great.
Sorry to let you know but your currency is counterfeit. Harbowl has been around since Harbaugh was hired and we knew we were playing the Ravens this year. Welcome to the board though.
I'm tempering my optimism a bit until the passing game develops a bit more. Steve Young's been talking about this lately and I kinda agree. If it doesn't, we might still be the 2nd best team in the NFC, but the thought of getting as far as Lambeau for the NFC title game, and losing, makes me think about the 90s and get kinda pissed.
That said, I do trust Harbaugh will continue to keep this team improving.

As great as it is for us right now, I'm dying to know how good we'd look if our offense was more potent, more dynamic. Hard to think of many things better than winning in Green Bay.
I stopped reading when you said the signing of Tashard Choice scares you....Wow!
Originally posted by Niner_Demon:
Originally posted by rxrunner:
no such thing as trap game

my guess is that you haven't watched The crying game.