LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 266 users in the forums

Niners are 6-1 BUT.....

Shop Find 49ers gear online
not every game is going to be a masterpiece---just get a win. We are one of two teams unbeaten on the road. Look at the road records around the league--even the good teams have a tough time on the road. We have beaten Detroit 6-2, The Bengals 5-2, the Eagles ( a really good team)--all on the road, we have beat Tampa and should have beat Dallas---this is a good Niner team.
If the Niners beat the Steelers and the Ravens, people are going to have to forget about the "but..."
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Despite the record, I still think we have some work to do on offense. We haven't played any playoff teams in my opinion just yet. What Detroit? They might not even make the playoffs. Our true test will be the Ravens, in their house. If we can play solid football and win in Baltimore....we truly are a playoff team and possible SB contender. We already know how our defense and special teams can play, but can our offense move the ball on one of the best defenses in the league?

If AZ would have won that game, it wasn't because of their offense.

I'm not scared of GB, we might not even see them in the playoffs. Who knows, someone may come along and beat them. Look at the winless Rams who beat the Saints. GB is beatable, just have to have the right defense and a good day to do it. Not saying SF has that defense, but GB is beatable.
[ Edited by Baldie on Nov 1, 2011 at 8:20 PM ]
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:

haha Gay, but funny.
Actually, I think the game that will convince the east coast media will be if we can beat the Steelers and the Giants. The Ravens will be tough, but the east coast media just looooovvvves those Steelers and Giants.
We had a legit team way better then alot of other teams and it's due to coaching which alot of teams lack also. Don't worry bout us we gone get ours
We'll be in Indy in Feb
About the Packers... everyone in the media is acting like they are the only elite team in the league. They are beatable. They have the 28th ranked defense, 31st in pass defense and ranked 24th in run offense. So stop the pass and you can beat them. Also, will be tough to run on them and keep their offense off the field because they have the #10 ranked rush defense but it is possible. Not saying we aren't beatable either, all teams have their flaws. Don't think GB is close to those 80s 49ers teams, 70s Steeler teams, 90s 49ers and Cowboys teams, etc.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
About the Packers... everyone in the media is acting like they are the only elite team in the league. They are beatable. They have the 28th ranked defense, 31st in pass defense and ranked 24th in run offense. So stop the pass and you can beat them. Also, will be tough to run on them and keep their offense off the field because they have the #10 ranked rush defense but it is possible. Not saying we aren't beatable either, all teams have their flaws. Don't think GB is close to those 80s 49ers teams, 70s Steeler teams, 90s 49ers and Cowboys teams, etc.

I think if we played Green Bay next week, we would beat them
But nothing, the niners are 6-1 enjoy it, it's been to long not to.

Originally posted by King49er:
I think if we played Green Bay next week, we would beat them

Home I think we have a good shot... away... um maybe but probably not.

Just depends on how we play. We can beat anyone if we bring our A game for 60 minutes. Heck, most teams can.
If the 49ers routinely passed for 300 yards per game, even if they didn't score any more points than they already have, then they would get noticed. The bias is that the offense is boring. More yards would equal more respect. Not my opinion but to most people across the country Alex Smith is not in the same league as most other QB's.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
If the Niners beat the Steelers and the Ravens, people are going to have to forget about the "but..."

Not both either or. Esp Steelers. but dont forget them Giants. I think we are really going to be very good by seasons end.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GNielsen:
agree, I just hope we beat the steelers and rapistberger, that guy should be in jail
The Niners are very close.

In the beginning of the season we were supervilla on offense and we had some players hurt in the secondary.

Philly game we didn't panic, stuck with our plan and found our confidence.

In the last four games we have found our offensive line and our running game. The only thing we are struggling with is the deep passes. There were times in the Cleveland game and in the last couple games where crabtree has been open. I think they are going to get the timing down, we just need to keep passing. If we can pop some longer passes in the game consistently then we are really dangerous.

Baltimore, Steelers and NY giants will be good tests for us. We beat the NY GIANTS we are going to get some serious national attention.
Share 49ersWebzone