LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 280 users in the forums

Niners are 6-1 BUT.....

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by dave1003:
I was listening Grant Napier here in sacramento and he was mentioning there is only 1 great team in the NFL in the packers. He acknowledged the Niners are 6-1 but there is just something about them that they aren't considered a great team but couldn't say exactly what it was. I rarely agree with Grant and think he's a doosh but I agreed with him for once. I don't know what it is, but just watching the Niners it just seems like they're not as good as their record even though we've beaten good teams. They kind of remind me of the 2001 Bears that went 13-3 had the number 1 defense, got a first round bye, and lost. What do you guys think?
The niners have a rookie coach who is installing a new system,etc and yet they're off to a 6-1 start so far.Getting to the playoffs this year will be very impressive.

As for your post- what??
way too premature
But What?
Originally posted by StLNiner:
I didn't know he was "Mr. Clutch" in '81...Oh, you meant he began building that reputation that year. So, by that logic, this would be the year to come through in the clutch. Like a 20+ point comeback in the second half against an "Elite" Michael Vick? Or a touchdown on 4 and goal to take the lead and win against an undefeated Lions team?

Point well made. I knew there was something wrong when I was agreeing with grant napier.
Grant Napear has always hated the Niners...he is a NY Giants fan that cant stand for the 49ers to do well..... even if they won a super bowl, he would say that they were the worst time to ever win it...blah blah blah.... he hates on the SF Giants as well....i cant even listen to him anymore....he is just a sad bitter man with a man crush on Eli
Originally posted by StLNiner:
Great point. But, come-on, the 81 niners had Montana. The most clutch QB of all time!

I didn't know he was "Mr. Clutch" in '81...Oh, you meant he began building that reputation that year. So, by that logic, this would be the year to come through in the clutch. Like a 20+ point comeback in the second half against an "Elite" Michael Vick? Or a touchdown on 4 and goal to take the lead and win against an undefeated Lions team?

(Snaps fingers) You tell 'em, girlfriend!
It really doesnt matter who is playing best in October. It matters who plays best in Jan and Feb. The only thing that matters in the regular season is that you win enough games to get to the dance, and keep improving so you can have a chance to peak in Jan and Feb. Our guys are in their way... The big down field completions will start connecting! DON'T WORRY ABOUT THAT!!! THEY WILL HAVE A LEGIT VERTICAL PASSING GAME in December, Jan and Feb. GARANS!!!
Originally posted by 9erHIGH:
It really doesnt matter who is playing best in October. It matters who plays best in Jan and Feb. The only thing that matters in the regular season is that you win enough games to get to the dance, and keep improving so you can have a chance to peak in Jan and Feb. Our guys are in their way... The big down field completions will start connecting! DON'T WORRY ABOUT THAT!!! THEY WILL HAVE A LEGIT VERTICAL PASSING GAME in December, Jan and Feb. GARANS!!!

We have the number 1 defense and the number 6 overall offense. if your prediction comes to fruition we would be number 1 in both. Not to mention the best team in the league.
I was listening Grant Napier here in sacramento and he was mentioning there is only 1 great team in the NFL in the packers. He acknowledged the Niners are 6-1 but there is just something about them that they aren't considered a great team but couldn't say exactly what it was. I rarely agree with Grant and think he's a doosh but I agreed with him for once. I don't know what it is, but just watching the Niners it just seems like they're not as good as their record even though we've beaten good teams. They kind of remind me of the 2001 Bears that went 13-3 had the number 1 defense, got a first round bye, and lost. What do you guys think?

Those statements make your argument invalid.

This season, the niners are a premiere team. They way we play defense, run the ball and play special teams gives us a really good chance to beat any team any give Sunday (even GB).
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
But What?

That's what I'm saying.
Well hopefully we will get to settle it on the field.

I think people are skeptical of the 49ers without knowing why because they just can't believe what they're seeing. That said I don't think we'll be taken as 100% legit until we take some scalps in the playoffs.

Right now we're just a cool story.
IF YOU DONT LIKE THAT THEN YOU DONT LIKE NBA BASKETBALL
Originally posted by marshniners24:
IF YOU DONT LIKE THAT THEN YOU DONT LIKE NBA BASKETBALL

Lol... on my way home from work I heard the very end of his show. His last call someone prank called him with that. F'n hilarious.... wait, was that you???
Originally posted by captveg:
I think people are too damn picky and need to ease up on their standards a bit. They're playing good football and working to improve. Yeah, they're not the #1 greatest team of all time yet. But they're playing very well. Accept it and like it and let the season play out.

I agree with this.

I think a lot of fans on here don't feel comfortable not criticizing something. I get that. And I'll say even teams who win Super Bowls had deserved criticism, or doubt, throughout the season. Not saying we're there yet, but sure, we've got weaknesses and things to work on, nice we have those and a 6-1 record though.

What drives me crazy is the fantasy football mentality, people think that somehow means more to a teams success. Even the "passing league" thing, it's so near sighted, where two years ago we had Eli manning and Roethliserger as Superbowl champion QBs. The league is in constant evolution and new "Models for Success" are in the works. I can only hope we're on the cutting edge

This is What I call a "Alex-in-the-box" thread. Starts not mentioning him, then it gets cranked and WAMB!!!!

I think reading your post just cost me 30 seconds of my life I'll never get back.
Share 49ersWebzone