There are 256 users in the forums

Something Reintroduced this year: INNOVATION

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Thank you coach for bringing back innovation! Innovation has always been a part of 49ers culture. We've introduced the shotgun, WCO, scripting, etc.

I've seen so many different formations and different packages that I've never seen any other team use.

Special teams: How they come out in a huddle? Move and shift around before the kick?

Run Game: Our jumbo personnel. How our whole line can pull. The way our players are coached to tackle (especially during sweeps to the outside, how they run and chop block on the edge).

Anyone else notice things that no other team is doing?
Originally posted by jimbo49ers:
Thank you coach for bringing back innovation! Innovation has always been a part of 49ers culture. We've introduced the shotgun, WCO, scripting, etc.

I've seen so many different formations and different packages that I've never seen any other team use.

Special teams: How they come out in a huddle? Move and shift around before the kick?

Run Game: Our jumbo personnel. How our whole line can pull. The way our players are coached to tackle (especially during sweeps to the outside, how they run and chop block on the edge).

Anyone else notice things that no other team is doing?

How about sending Staley and Sopoaga out for a pass, lol.

but seriously, Sopoaga looked like a natural catching that pass
I got so excited for this the second I heard Harbaugh was hired. Watching his offense at Stanford last year I swear it was love at first sight for me. It was truly beautiful to watch...and he's brought that to the Niners. Think about that. They're making offensive line play beautiful. I get as hyped seeing Iupati pull to spring Gore as I do when Frank then breaks off a long run.
Having a coach with a brain is better than a SingleBrainCell....
Innovation sure. I also see a bit more precision in running these offensive plays. Everything seems more precise and faster. Theres a level of confidence from the players when they come out of the huddle that the play called will work. Not so in previous years. Case in point, the Staley and Soap passing plays. They practiced it, ran it during the game. Both were wide-open when they caught the ball. Gave confidence to those guys and the whole team. You can bet they will block there a** off the next time they play. It's like Harbaugh getting everyone involved with the team, like flying the practice squad guys with the team.
The innovation is fantastic, but there's also scheming. Finally, a coach who schemes for the opposition instead of just having a system and sticking with it. Harbaugh says it himself: these are the greatest athletes in the world. You can't just impose your will on them. You've got to trick them, fool them, probe for weakness in system and exploit it - just like Bill Walsh did it. Remember, Bill Walsh spent the last couple years of his life having lunch and talking strategy with Jim Harbaugh two to three times a week.
Originally posted by oct2094:

Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Innovation sure. I also see a bit more precision in running these offensive plays. Everything seems more precise and faster. Theres a level of confidence from the players when they come out of the huddle that the play called will work. Not so in previous years. Case in point, the Staley and Soap passing plays. They practiced it, ran it during the game. Both were wide-open when they caught the ball. Gave confidence to those guys and the whole team. You can bet they will block there a** off the next time they play. It's like Harbaugh getting everyone involved with the team, like flying the practice squad guys with the team.

agree
  • lyer
  • Veteran
its amazing what good coaching can do with talent. even in a short period of time.

• Crown
  • Hall of Fame

do you ever go away?

pretty sure no one on the zone has bought anything from you
You guys are playing into spammer's hands by quoting the spam.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by yoshi:
You guys are playing into spammer's hands by quoting the spam.

disagree. that would only be if people click on the link
didn't click, lol
Share 49ersWebzone