Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Interesting article on Harbaugh in LA Times

Sorry if it has been posted. Sam Farmer's article:

http://articles.latimes.com/2011/oct/29/sports/la-sp-jim-harbaugh-20111030
Originally posted by always49ers:
Sorry if it has been posted. Sam Farmer's article:

http://articles.latimes.com/2011/oct/29/sports/la-sp-jim-harbaugh-20111030

I hadn't read that one. Pretty good article. There are a lot of Harb articles right now because of success, and thats a good thing. Especially when they are national stories.
Rewind almost four decades, to when he was a 12-year-old kid who spent his free time hanging around the Wolverines' players, practice field and locker room. He had free run of the place. His dad, Jack, was an assistant at the time under the legendary Bo Schembechler, coaching defensive backs from 1973 to 1979.

"In the room where the coaches dressed, there was a desk in the corner by Bo's locker," Jack recalled. "Bo and I walked in from playing racquetball one day, and Jim was sitting there tipping back his chair and he had his feet up on the desk. And Bo goes, 'Jimmy! You got your feet up on my desk!'

"And Jimmy said, 'Yeah, Bo, I do.' He didn't take his feet off the desk, and he didn't put his chair back on all four legs."

Schembechler paused, stared at the boy, then turned to the father.

"Jack," he said, "there's something about that kid I really like."

Awesome!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
Rewind almost four decades, to when he was a 12-year-old kid who spent his free time hanging around the Wolverines' players, practice field and locker room. He had free run of the place. His dad, Jack, was an assistant at the time under the legendary Bo Schembechler, coaching defensive backs from 1973 to 1979.

"In the room where the coaches dressed, there was a desk in the corner by Bo's locker," Jack recalled. "Bo and I walked in from playing racquetball one day, and Jim was sitting there tipping back his chair and he had his feet up on the desk. And Bo goes, 'Jimmy! You got your feet up on my desk!'

"And Jimmy said, 'Yeah, Bo, I do.' He didn't take his feet off the desk, and he didn't put his chair back on all four legs."

Schembechler paused, stared at the boy, then turned to the father.

"Jack," he said, "there's something about that kid I really like."

Awesome!!!!!!!!

Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home