LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 226 users in the forums

Why are we not using Vernon Davis?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:
After watching Sunday Night Football, this question has me even more perplexed. Romo throws to Witten on just about every play. How come our team apparently needs VD to block, but Witten gets to run around free on every play? On the other side of the ball, Brent Celek was running free all night too.

It continues to perplex me how we can have the most talented TE in the NFL, and yet it's commonplace to hear his name called 2-3 times per game.

It doesn't make sense. Apparently our pass blocking isn't that good without him.

And their RT is even more inexperienced than ours

Funny that the argument here with the Witten comparison as reason to throw more to Davis comes after a Niners win & Dallas loss. Definatelty some humor in this argument.
ehh.. I think using VD as a blocker right now is working.. When we are behind in games is when he gets his yards, but when we are grinding the ball we need his blocking skills and he knows that. Im sure come playoffs we will have alot of tricks for him. By keeping him blocking all the time too teams will tend to forget about him and we can use him against the bigger games when they wont expect it like NYG,BALT,Pitt.
[ Edited by SundayTicket on Oct 31, 2011 at 8:36 AM ]
If the game plan calls for Vernon to be more involved cathcing passes then he'll be targeted more. If the gameplan is to physically dominate on the ground, well then Vernon better damn well block and block well like he Sunday against the Browns. Just because he's not catching passes does not mean he isnt involved. Why pass if you don't need to?
Harbaugh is creating a TEAM by adding new weapons that teams are going to have to respect when they game plan.
He should be involved heavily being that he's coming back home this week. bu tit is puzzling that's he's nowhere to be found in the game plan.
Originally posted by lamontb:
He should be involved heavily being that he's coming back home this week. bu tit is puzzling that's he's nowhere to be found in the game plan.

I think he will be used a lot against Wash. , Staley and Soap got a catch each with their moms being at the game and presented at halftime for the Cancer awareness month.
Harbaugh has totally f**ked my FF team by not allowing VD to do his thang...but were winning...so screw fantasy...I like reality more!!!....
These drops by Vernon is killing me
Originally posted by GOLD22VEINS:

Blew a first down and blew a possible td right there with he ball in his hands

Yeah and all the Alex haters are gonna wonder why he can't throw for 300 yards again.

can't catch, lol.
Nah... Alex is
Originally posted by gamechanger:

Yeah and all the Alex haters are gonna wonder why he can't throw for 300 yards again.

Alex is Alex. He's not a special player. He's doing enough not to f**k up
Nah... Alex is
Originally posted by gamechanger:

Alex is Alex. He's not a special player. He's doing enough not to f**k up

Plus having the 31st rsnk passing offense is nothing to be proud of if you're the quarterback
Ya
he is fuking killing me VD.
Share 49ersWebzone