There are 201 users in the forums

Why are we not using Vernon Davis?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
he's had 3 td's the past 3 games....
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
He got 965 yards and 13 TD's and another 900 + and 7 TD's another year with Alex Smith. So it's hard to buy that argument. 20 TD's and almost 1,000 yards in 2 consecutive years. It's a lot of play calling and scheme too. Raye and Martz and NoWin and SingleBrainCell emphasized VD a lot more. It seems like Harbaugh doesn't know how to use him. Which is strange because he's so good at everything else.

Well, at least neither of us can argue about 5-1.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

I want 110 yards and 2 TD's in this next game....
Originally posted by BrianGO:
He got 965 yards and 13 TD's and another 900 + and 7 TD's another year with Alex Smith. So it's hard to buy that argument. 20 TD's and almost 1,000 yards in 2 consecutive years. It's a lot of play calling and scheme too. Raye and Martz and NoWin and SingleBrainCell emphasized VD a lot more. It seems like Harbaugh doesn't know how to use him. Which is strange because he's so good at everything else.

Well, at least neither of us can argue about 5-1.

That much is good. It's just strange not to use your best player.

he woulda had 3 td's against the bucs if alex hadn't underthrown him...

I would like to see some more yards too. He's proven he can do it. Over 900 yards 2 seasons. And 20 TD's over 2 seasons.
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Originally posted by mayo49:
My penis is starting to tingle the game is getting so close.

This

This; again...hubba hubba hubba

I would like to see some more yards too. He's proven he can do it. Over 900 yards 2 seasons. And 20 TD's over 2 seasons.

Im beginning to think you have him as a fantasy player vs actually wanting the team to play as a team. Patrick Willis is the best player on the team and has proven that every single year. Not Vernon Davis. And ou know what? He's not being out played by bowman, he just has a different Role. For once in a very long time the 49ers are playing team football and harbaugh implemented that. No I in team. No I in Vernon. That's why he ain't complaining about not getting as many touches. Just like most players say... I could care less about what my stat is if we ain't got the W. I think this years 49ers prove that. No 49ers player b***hing. You want terrell Owens 2.0? Go find him on another team
Just like I say... Ain't no player in the nfl complaining about getting touches if the team gets the Win. Selfless players who win self accomplish awards would take it all away for a winning season or a superbowl just as long as they do there pat and contribute to a win. Ain't no player complaining. So why should we? FANTASY TE!
I'm not going to say Alex should have thrown to him more in the past games because we got a win. We start taking plays away from the wins, who knows what the final outcome is. If that makes any sense.

We are doing what we need to to win. If the gameplan calls for a lot of Vernon, there will be some. You don't won't to go out every game showing all your weapons and best plays. If we get in a spot where we need to use Vernon, we'll do it.

Originally posted by Whomeam:
I'm not going to say Alex should have thrown to him more in the past games because we got a win. We start taking plays away from the wins, who knows what the final outcome is. If that makes any sense.

We are doing what we need to to win. If the gameplan calls for a lot of Vernon, there will be some. You don't won't to go out every game showing all your weapons and best plays. If we get in a spot where we need to use Vernon, we'll do it.

Someone needs points from vd on fantasy... Hahaha
Screw that, Delanie is my TE this week, GO DELANIE
Originally posted by GOLD22VEINS:

lol i have Vernon on my squad too and id gladly take 0 points if the niners win. but getting Vernon involved is beneficial to the niners and my team because the dude is a beast and nearly impossible to bring down with less than 3 guys
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by GOLD22VEINS:

lol i have Vernon on my squad too and id gladly take 0 points if the niners win. but getting Vernon involved is beneficial to the niners and my team because the dude is a beast and nearly impossible to bring down with less than 3 guys

We used him in blocking sets. We even had a triple tight end set against the lions to contain suh. It's all scheme... Just like bill Walsh would do he would game plan the first half then switch it up second half to throw them off. I'm sure harbaugh is doing the same for second half of the season. Also it doesn't help that the field isn't stretched with our limited wr sets. But that will change once b. Edwards is back
Sounds like some fantasy football owners are upset
Share 49ersWebzone