LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 288 users in the forums

most important player for rest of season?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by longtime49erfan:
Of all major sports, football is probably the most team-oriented. A good football team is good because it is a team.

I don't think it is possible to syay that one player is more important than all the others.

For example, the reason Patrick Willis is so effective is because of Justin Smith, ICE, Brooks, Bowman, etc.

The reason Carlos Rogers is doing well is because the D-line is effective.

If Iupati doesn't do his job, it makes it harder on Snyder, Davis, Goodwin and Staley. It is all interconnected.

If you take away even one component element to that effectiveness, you disrupt the entire mechanism..

THIS
That's why I say it's coach Harbaugh
Brian Jennings. He is the heart, soul, and life of the team.
Originally posted by OX49er253:
Brian Jennings. He is the heart, soul, and life of the team.

Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

Since he is also now the mascot, gotta be him :)

+1
Offense-Smith
Defense-Smith
ST-Ginn
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

Since he is also now the mascot, gotta be him :)

i wouldnt say one single player, if alex went down we would suffer but still be in games leaving them up to how much kap has progressed. if i had to pick one i would say on defense: justin smith/ p willie/ bowman and offense i would say our whole offensive line/ delanie or vd.... anyone agree?
  • Jiks
Originally posted by Natewillis2252:
WR's

My thoughts exactly. We need either Crabtree to become the true #1 or Edwards. If Alex can find a solid connection that he trust at W.R. it will only open the rest of the offense. Teams can't focus as much on V.D. and Walker. Put in a solid run game, and everything will seem to be clicking. Our run game is there, VD and Walker have been successful but we are lacking WR production. I see us taking more shots with both Edwards and Crabtree both on the field. I mean how could we not? Not saying Harbaugh's going to turn into this pass happy coach, but I think the plays will be there so he will utilize them more and more as the season progreses.

It would be nice to finally have a go to receiver again. I mean a guy that averages 7-8 catches a game, and can be an explosive threat. We've seen Crabtree do some pretty nice things, but he has some weakness's that have me questioning his potential. I think he can be a good if not great WR but he's going to have to get his head right. He can't drop easy passes if he wants to be a super star. If he can get that fixed and Alex keeps throwing his way, his impact will be huge. A

As far as Edwards? I'm actually really excited to see #17 out there. He is most defiantly an upgrade to our core, so it's going to be a huge boost to get another potential #1 WR out there. The one thing I like most about him is his big play potential, his explosiveness. Teams now(hopefully) have VD, Walker, Gore, Crabtree, Edwards, Ginn and dare I say Kendall Hunter to worry about.

How good can this offense be? I'm holding my judgements until I honestly see Alex connect with a W.R. consistently. The rest of our offense is there, not having a true #1 WR is all this offense is lacking. And I don't need to say a thing about defense, I love our defense at every position. Special teams has been pretty good as well. Gonna be fun to see what this team has learned during the bye week. Hopefully the Stick will be rocking come Sunday.
braylon bc we will make te playoffs and need to score with gb or saints and we def need a wr downfield to keep up and bail out the offense and edwards will be that guy. He will take on the number one cb and crabs the number two cb. Either way if they are both healthy at wr, whoever is on the number 2 cb will get the advantage and win the game for us

Crabtree needs to establish himself as a true #1 WR in the final 10 games ..it's time he stepped up his game
100% it is the combination of Harbaugh and Alex Smith. They go hand and hand. Harbaugh has to continue to draw up game plans that Alex can execute. Smith has to reamain or better his level of play. No drop off. Alex is on pace for 2,900 yrd 21 tds 5 ints. He get gets to those numbers or better, we will get to the playoffs then who knows. I know one thing tho, Nobody has it better than us!!!
O: Alex

D: Goldson

Alex needs to keep playing mistake free, and sooner or later teams will just stop trying to establish the run, so Goldson needs to come up big with some game changing plays.

Gonna be a great second half of the season if both those happen.
Originally posted by 49ersfansince90:
100% it is the combination of Harbaugh and Alex Smith. They go hand and hand. Harbaugh has to continue to draw up game plans that Alex can execute. Smith has to reamain or better his level of play. No drop off. Alex is on pace for 2,900 yrd 21 tds 5 ints. He get gets to those numbers or better, we will get to the playoffs then who knows. I know one thing tho, Nobody has it better than us!!!

who?!!!!!!!
o-line
Share 49ersWebzone