LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 258 users in the forums

Skip Bayless: "The 49ers WILL win remain unbeaten for the rest of the Season"

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Shorteous:
Those guys are goobers, one said that our schedule helped us out with our 5-1 record, one says we have to work on our turnovers going forward ect ect. Bunch of other small things that show they are not really aware of the details of the niner season so far.

I agree. Winning on the road in Cincy, Philly, and Detroit isn't easy.
So nice to get some Niners media coverage, even if Mangini is a turd.
5-11.

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Skip is an idiot...and continues to be one. Niners haven't done anything in the first 6 games to suggest they will win the last 10 - especially at Ravens during a short week. Division games are always up for grabs (ok, Rams suck balls) but at Seattle and at Arizona can go either way. Steelers are no push-overs either. But whatever, Browns are up first, and that's all Niners should worry about.

agreed. I've always hated Bayless. If he thinks nice things about this team, good for him, I still won't listen to him.

and yeah, I hope Harbs and Co. have a good strategy for keeping this team even-keeled. Hype is cool for fans but I'm not sure how this team will handle it. Also, hope the coaches are as good at handling the team with its target on its back as they are in handling the underdog role. That's going to be a huge challenge. Teams like the Browns, and especially our division rivals, are going to treat a game against us with great importance.

The way football goes, we'll probably lose a game or two that we should win, and win a game or two that we should lose. Going 5-5 or even 6-4 the rest of the way would be disappointing to me, but football is impossible to predict. It's fun and fine for us fans to do it, but like you said, the team just has to focus on the Browns and not worry about playoff seeding or 14 game winning streaks right now.

Exactly. Like the saying goes - It's easy to get to the top, tough to stay there. This is the NFL and outside of couple teams - any team can beat anyone. I too am hoping that coaches will do a good job keeping a young team from getting ahead of themselves. I like seeing people say great things about our team, but I hope players are not buying into the hype machine, and don't get complacent. Coaches and leaders in the locker room need to keep reminding everyone that 5-1 means nothing, there are no awards or parades for going 5-1.

As for the fans, I understand the excitement, but I'm not sure how many on the board are completely overlooking Redskins and Giants. Ravens and Steelers are perennial playoff teams, and know how to win ugly. Those 4 are tough games, and I'll be pretty happy with 2-2 in those games. Browns game is a tricky one. On paper it looks like an easy W, but many times - teams coming off the bye come out sluggish for a quarter or two. So, I hope, after 6 off days - first thing coaches remind the players - f**k the media - Browns game is the most important game right now.
Skip Bayless has been and will always be an idiot. The Niners aren't going 15-1 obviously. Green Bay on the other hand... I could see that .
Agree with Shorteous and would like to see SF beat the better teams and have letdowns/bad luck losses to minor teams (if they have to lose). It's better for morale and will build confidence--especially Baltimore!

As for the TD pass to Walker, Crabtree was not opened when Smith released the ball and it seemed that he could not count on both defenders staying with Walker. Second guessing by these pundits is ridiculous.

Edit: I enjoy Skip Bayless but have never taken him serioulsy...not even now that he is saying something positive about the 9ers.
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Oct 22, 2011 at 5:41 PM ]
Originally posted by GuessWhosOn3rd:
Originally posted by overthemiddle:
There is a chance that we can. Personally I think we can even beat the Packers. We arnt at their level but with an outstanding performance they could.

Thats a lil too far. I dont think our secondary is good enough to stop Aaron and those receievers

Fair enough but you never know. I'm sure everyone thought the Patriots would smash on the Giants in that SB. Giants d line dominated the Patriots and the statue of Tom wasn't as effective.

That said Aaron is way more athletic so who knows. But we'd have a decent shot with our defense.
we won't go 15-1 for the simple fact that we won't need to. if we already have the division locked up and have a first round bye we'll rest our starters the last game. and don't give me the argument that we're playing for a better record than the packers cuz that's not gonna happen.
I'll take a couple of losses just to pop the bubble. We dont need any unnecessary or added pressure with a unbeaten run going into the playoffs.
Skip is an idiot...and continues to be one. Niners haven't done anything in the first 6 games to suggest they will win the last 10 - especially at Ravens during a short week. Division games are always up for grabs (ok, Rams suck balls) but at Seattle and at Arizona can go either way. Steelers are no push-overs either. But whatever, Browns are up first, and that's all Niners should worry about.

agreed. I've always hated Bayless. If he thinks nice things about this team, good for him, I still won't listen to him.

and yeah, I hope Harbs and Co. have a good strategy for keeping this team even-keeled. Hype is cool for fans but I'm not sure how this team will handle it. Also, hope the coaches are as good at handling the team with its target on its back as they are in handling the underdog role. That's going to be a huge challenge. Teams like the Browns, and especially our division rivals, are going to treat a game against us with great importance.

The way football goes, we'll probably lose a game or two that we should win, and win a game or two that we should lose. Going 5-5 or even 6-4 the rest of the way would be disappointing to me, but football is impossible to predict. It's fun and fine for us fans to do it, but like you said, the team just has to focus on the Browns and not worry about playoff seeding or 14 game winning streaks right now.

Exactly. Like the saying goes - It's easy to get to the top, tough to stay there. This is the NFL and outside of couple teams - any team can beat anyone. I too am hoping that coaches will do a good job keeping a young team from getting ahead of themselves. I like seeing people say great things about our team, but I hope players are not buying into the hype machine, and don't get complacent. Coaches and leaders in the locker room need to keep reminding everyone that 5-1 means nothing, there are no awards or parades for going 5-1.

As for the fans, I understand the excitement, but I'm not sure how many on the board are completely overlooking Redskins and Giants. Ravens and Steelers are perennial playoff teams, and know how to win ugly. Those 4 are tough games, and I'll be pretty happy with 2-2 in those games. Browns game is a tricky one. On paper it looks like an easy W, but many times - teams coming off the bye come out sluggish for a quarter or two. So, I hope, after 6 off days - first thing coaches remind the players - f**k the media - Browns game is the most important game right now.

@Seattle is going to be tough too. and, really, all of our division games are going to be tougher than we realize, because right now we have a chance to be "wire to wire division champs" and the Cards and Rams will bring their "A Games" against us. Right now, the way things are, we'll be their "Super Bowl."

The Cleveland game will be a big test, I think. A somewhat sorry team, at home, after a bye...this game is one of the biggest challenges for the coaching staff.

Originally posted by TlSSER:

Skip Bayless!!!

It was great to see those two rushing plays broke down. It seemed to me like very timely and well placed sucker punches to Detroit's D. They seemed like traps to me. Nevertheless, very creative design and awesome execution. I hope the staff can keep churning out these types of plays. One has to think the playbook will evolve and grow as the season goes along.
I think we'll lose two more.

@Seattle is going to be tough too. and, really, all of our division games are going to be tougher than we realize, because right now we have a chance to be "wire to wire division champs" and the Cards and Rams will bring their "A Games" against us. Right now, the way things are, we'll be their "Super Bowl."

The Cleveland game will be a big test, I think. A somewhat sorry team, at home, after a bye...this game is one of the biggest challenges for the coaching staff.

agreed
Originally posted by forty9ers49:
yeah, classic. My favorite part though is that beating the Bucs 48-3 was an "underwhelming blowout." LMFAO. Give me a break. Your QB has about 1/3 of his completions go for touchdowns and you score constantly on short fields because your defense is so dominant against a 3-1 team and its "underwhelming."

and "their schedule has been favorable so far."

Its pretty clear that the requirement to earn money as a football expert you have to have as little knowledge of football as possible.

this

And That!
I'm still just praying we finish over .500
Share 49ersWebzone