There are 107 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Skip Bayless: "The 49ers WILL win remain unbeaten for the rest of the Season"

"Great teams aren't always great. They're only great when they have to be."
-NFL Films voice, John Facenda

The Niners are learning this valuable lesson right now. Penalties, players who make mistakes, a QB who is still not really a real threat to carve up an opponent and throw for 350 yards, but with all of that, they still find a way to win. 15-1? Maybe not. But they have already shown they can win games where they are behind. Win games where they are killing themselves with penalties. Win games against teams, on paper, they shouldn't have beaten. It'll be interesting to see if they can. I say 13-3.
[ Edited by 602_JamestownAve on Oct 22, 2011 at 2:32 PM ]
Originally posted by ads_2006:
smith read the wrong coverage

he didn't, he already said he knew it was zone
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Originally posted by HessianDud:

yeah, classic. My favorite part though is that beating the Bucs 48-3 was an "underwhelming blowout." LMFAO. Give me a break. Your QB has about 1/3 of his completions go for touchdowns and you score constantly on short fields because your defense is so dominant against a 3-1 team and its "underwhelming."

and "their schedule has been favorable so far."

Its pretty clear that the requirement to earn money as a football expert you have to have as little knowledge of football as possible.

At the end of last season, the only team before the bye week I feared was the Lions, because they looked like they might be something. So our schedule has been slightly weak, I can agree with that at least.

you thought Cowboys, @Eagles and Bucs were going to be easy games at the end of last season?

Regardless of what opinions might have been at the start of the year, I don't think any reasonable person can look at the schedule we've played and say that its been favorable. The "short week after Monday night football" thing is an excuse, and an unnecessary qualifier. I'm pretty sure by record of opponents we have had the toughest schedule of any 5-1 team--and much tougher than Green Bay's.
In all truthfulness I hope we beat the Steelers and the Ravens and lose the smaller games. You have to prove that we can beat the top teams in the league, to beat teams above us not just below us.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

Regardless, he was going to DW no matter what as soon as he made the break. If he actually had taken the time to read the coverage, he likely would have gone to Crabtree (who you can see was open up top for a floater in the corner of the endzone). Personally, I don' care...I like that he was decisive and didn't do the classic AS overthinking.
Originally posted by TlSSER:
i think we can win this divisioni at 8-8 lol

haha. I think we can win it with a 6-10 record.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Shorteous:
In all truthfulness I hope we beat the Steelers and the Ravens and lose the smaller games. You have to prove that we can beat the top teams in the league, to beat teams above us not just below us.

Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
yeah, classic. My favorite part though is that beating the Bucs 48-3 was an "underwhelming blowout." LMFAO. Give me a break. Your QB has about 1/3 of his completions go for touchdowns and you score constantly on short fields because your defense is so dominant against a 3-1 team and its "underwhelming."

Its pretty clear that the requirement to earn money as a football expert you have to have as little knowledge of football as possible.
Yeah I am sick of hearing that stuff too man. Theres a die hard bucs fan at my work and he tried to say that we have had an easy schedule. I said, whats been so easy about beating the preseason superbowl favorites in their house. Beating the undefeated Lions in their house and beating the snot out of his team whom is supposed to be playoff caliber. Then he argued that same Jon Ritchie argument about some of those teams having one less day to prepare. Look this is the NFL, there are no excuses. These men and coaches are paid ridiculous amounts of money to play a game for a living. One day of loss practice or rest isn't going to handicap a team beyond control. I said back how about us losing an entire offseason to introduce almost a completely new coaching staff or prepare a completely new offense and a more aggressive 3-4 scheme on defense. All of the teams that we have beat have virutally their entire coaching staff and exact same schemes from last year. I am so sick of people trying to undercut us just because we have sucked for almost a decade.

yup, exactly. I've never heard the "short week" excuse as often as I've heard it this year. Does it make it tougher? Sure, probably a little bit. But the Lions didn't travel after their Monday game and the Bucs were "West Coast Killers." lol.

and you're right: we have all the excuses in the world to not be a very good team right now. But we don't need excuses, because we just go out and win.
Originally posted by unst4bl3:

At the end of last season, the only team before the bye week I feared was the Lions, because they looked like they might be something. So our schedule has been slightly weak, I can agree with that at least.

It might behoove you to know that we have had one of the toughest strength of schedules so far this season. We have had the toughest strength of schedule for all the 5-1 and the one 6-0 team.... Including the unrepresentative record of the league and our strength of schedule would be even higher. I think philly makes the playoffs this year.
Originally posted by VANiner:

Regardless, he was going to DW no matter what as soon as he made the break. If he actually had taken the time to read the coverage, he likely would have gone to Crabtree (who you can see was open up top for a floater in the corner of the endzone). Personally, I don' care...I like that he was decisive and didn't do the classic AS overthinking.

no. even Hubert said he knew the ball was coming to him as soon as he saw how the defense lined up. Delmas came down on him once Smith was throwing the ball. Crabtree was open because the ball was in the air. Besides, the Crabtree throw was a much more difficult throw, it was absolutely not the better option.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Good post. There will be some people like Bayless who are starting to see it come together and people like Ritchie who, to quote him, is "Smoke & mirrors." Let's just play the games and hope the clones on TV fess up to their predictions and comments when all is said and done and we're playing for the NFC Championship.

"Smoke & Mirrors" all the way to the Super Bowl.
Originally posted by VANiner:

He looked open because smith threw the ball so quickly to walker
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
Originally posted by saniner:
He said the week before that we would blow out the Lions. lol

We were a couple plays away from blowing them out.
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
he didnt say that either

He said the 49ers COULD win every game.
Smartest thing he has said