There are 202 users in the forums

Wow just saw this

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:
Originally posted by zillabeast:
I will say this right now, no homerism either. Just serious opinion based off of where the 49ers are at 5-1.

If the 49ers had to play a game this weekend at Candlestick, I don't think there is any club in the NFL that could beat them. Not even Rodgers or Brady.

On the road...it's still very close. At home though, I don't think it would be a problem.

Don't think it would be a problem? You mean like we'd blow them out?

That is why we need a first round bye and home field advantage.

Even though we are 5-1 and have a really easy schedule, for some reason I can't see us passing the Packers for #1 seed.
I will say this right now, no homerism either. Just serious opinion based off of where the 49ers are at 5-1.

If the 49ers had to play a game this weekend at Candlestick, I don't think there is any club in the NFL that could beat them. Not even Rodgers or Brady.

On the road...it's still very close. At home though, I don't think it would be a problem.

The energy at Candlestick for that Buccaneers game was off the charts. Not since the second half of the Niners-Giants Wild Card game had I heard it that loud. If those are the kinds of crowds the 49ers can draw at home, especially come playoff time.....sky is the limit.
Originally posted by KDTMDSFC:
Originally posted by frankie:
Yeah i read this yesterday i believe! This is good s**t. Our niners are doing well. Lets keep it up, whoop that ass

Link?? Just curious...

[http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2011/10/18/by-one-measurement-49ers-are-nfls-most-impressive-one-loss-team/]Most impressive one loss team[/url]
[ Edited by frankie on Oct 19, 2011 at 11:06 PM ]

The energy at Candlestick for that Buccaneers game was off the charts. Not since the second half of the Niners-Giants Wild Card game had I heard it that loud. If those are the kinds of crowds the 49ers can draw at home, especially come playoff time.....sky is the limit.

I'll give you that we can beat the Packers or Patriots at home, but I don't know about "it's no problem."

I'll give you that we can beat the Packers or Patriots at home, but I don't know about "it's no problem."

Well if they* win then it wasn't a problem, lol
[ Edited by zillabeast on Oct 19, 2011 at 11:09 PM ]
If you take out our opponent's result against us, which I think is logical considering that this is trying to measure how good your schedule is against the REST of the NFL, it's even more impressive.

Seattle (2-2)
Dallas (1-3)
Cincy (4-1)
Philly (2-3)
Tampa (4-1)
Detroit (5-0)

One more note on that home field advantage....it's pretty clear this roster believes in Alex. They are probably pretty damn well aware of his accuracy issues but so far he has gotten the job done as a winner and a leader. I think at this juncture, they're looking past Alex's weaknesses and would play their hearts out for him when it meant the most.

A game against the hated Packers...against Aaron Rodgers...after this whole opera about who should have been picked #1....after watching Rodgers get his last season...after watching and hearing about Smith getting roasted in the media.

I think that would make for a very special game for this 49ers roster, who f**king believe in Alex more than anything else. These guys would play like possessed animals against Green Bay in a playoff game regardless of location. For Alex, for Jim, for each other.
Originally posted by gold49er2183:
Broncos strength of schedule is .750!

the hell!?
  • BROWN
  • Veteran
Sucks for Orton.. haha Broncos played the hardest schedule and he gets the BOOT.

look at what this guy posted in the comment,

hboman4:17 PM on October 18, 2011

Seriously? Let's see, they barely beat the Bungels, had Philly give them the game, TB didn't even send their team out West and the Lions...well, they are the Lions. At least the niners only need 2 more wins to win their division!!
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
If you take out our opponent's result against us, which I think is logical considering that this is trying to measure how good your schedule is against the REST of the NFL, it's even more impressive.

Seattle (2-2)
Dallas (1-3)
Cincy (4-1)
Philly (2-3)
Tampa (4-1)
Detroit (5-0)

nice.

After that Bengals game, having lost to Dallas the week before, I was thinking, "Well, at least we won, but damn we are going to struggle this year." In retrospect, that win is much more impressive. That's a surprisingly good team with a very good defense (Clements and Lawson!)
tweet that to Jason LaCantdoadamnrakingright
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
I didn't have the exact numbers, but I schooled a chargers fan on what's gone on this season using this logic. She didn't understand.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
I didn't have the exact numbers, but I schooled a chargers fan on what's gone on this season using this logic. She didn't understand.

There is your answer
Share 49ersWebzone