There are 188 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

I'm Glad We Got 5 Yards Free .....

Originally posted by SportsFan:
f**k that. It actually hurt us. Without that 5 yards we would have gotten a first down instead of being down and goal. Then we would have just run more time off the clock before scoring.

This
And let's also not forget the Calvin Johnson Rule makeup they got in this game. Had time to make a "football move" my aaaa HEY HEY KIDS!! He was falling backwards. So if DET wants their 5 yards back, I want 7 points off the board.
The worst call of the game was the "ripping off the helmet" 15 yarder on Soap. Seriously that was ridiculous. Go watch the highlight in the highlight thread there are two plays where 49ers helmets come off and one which is way more intentional than Soap's. THe second TD by detroit was interesting to me as well. If that had happened in the field of play would there be any ref who would rule fumble on that?
[ Edited by VA49er on Oct 19, 2011 at 3:07 PM ]
Originally posted by Otter:
It makes up for the 5 yards they took from us on the BS false start they called when Walker went in motion and drew the defender offside and vernon reacted.

There were 2 incorrect false start calls against us and one incorrect pass interference call against us.
It appears the magnitude of the Game "Game of the week" and the crowd noise also got to the refs. The calls were bad for both teams and not in favor of just one.
Credit the man above, not God, but Billy Mays. Thanks Billy Mays for throwing 5 yards in.... COMPLETELY FREE!
Originally posted by HaiGuise:
Credit the man above, not God, but Billy Mays. Thanks Billy Mays for throwing 5 yards in.... COMPLETELY FREE!

It was a $149.00 value that we got for 3 easy payments of $19.99
This is the type of thing that pisses me off. This officiating crew was horrible. There were all kinds of terrible calls that went against the 49ers and also a lot of non-calls against the Lions. There were several holding penalties that were not called on the Lions. The bottom line is that both teams benefited and were harmed by bad calls, and the final score is still 49ers 25 Lions 19. The 49ers won this game fair and square, and won it because they were the better team on the field that day. Let's not forget that after the initial 10 points Detroit scored off the bat, the Niners outscored them the rest of the way 25-9. But it really gets on my nerves that people try to use some of the bad calls that went the Niners way to take away from the win and from the play of the team. Bad calls happen all the time; it's up to the teams playing to make sure that a few bad calls don't affect the outcome of the game. Time for Detroit fans and others out there to get over it and MOVE ON.
Just want to chime in and say the roughing the passer call on Aldon was legit. I don't like the rule at all but it is a rule, you can't go to the knees on a QB intentionally, and Aldon did.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Ginn ran out of bounds on the Lions sideline. If their staff was paying attention they could have challenged the spot and clearly would have won the challenge.

well said
It happens! We all know it has been happening to us all season ling. Not only that but we been gettin worked for yrs with bad calls against us! We still drove down the fueld and got the score big deal
Originally posted by goodthings19:
Originally posted by SportsFan:
f**k that. It actually hurt us. Without that 5 yards we would have gotten a first down instead of being down and goal. Then we would have just run more time off the clock before scoring.

This

Yup agreed this! Niners W either way, lions just had more time to try to comeback thats all
it still didn't make up for the second Safety that should have been called on Stafford when he failed to throw the ball past the line of scrimmage from the endzone. but we won anyway!

f**k the Lions!
Originally posted by Otter:
It makes up for the 5 yards they took from us on the BS false start they called when Walker went in motion and drew the defender offside and vernon reacted.

Yup. And the 5 yards don't mean squat. We were running it up their gut easily.
That whole officiating crew was bad. If anything we got one back for the many BS calls we got that night. It all evens out some how and Smith and the boys just lined up where this officiating crew told them to line up. Imagine what would happen if the boys did line up 5yrds back??? Another team penalty for unsportsmanlike behavior, you just cant win.

The boys played the card that was handed to them and made the most of it.