There are 134 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

I'm Glad We Got 5 Yards Free .....

Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by VaNiner540:
Originally posted by AmpLee:
The horse collar call gave us an extra ten yards or so (half the distance to the goal) in a drive Akers kicked a 31 yard FG. He probably would have still made the FG, so I won't say that changed the game.

The extra five yard would have yielded a completely different set of play calls the moment we were first and goal from the 6. We likely wouldn't have lost 4 yards on the run where we had brought in a goal-line short yardage package with no WR's on the field. Had we run at the 11, we likely would have done so from a spread, or more spread, formation. After we took a step back in yardage we gained it back the next play on a short pass to Crabs (iirc) that put us back on the 6. It's likely we would have been in a similar position regardless of the 5 yards to start the drive. It's really hard to say whether or not that changed the game.

The call, if I were the lions, I would have been most pissed about is the non-call on Rodgers on the fourth down late in the fourth quarter.

The chop block was completely justified although the announcers irresponsibly didn't note their mistake when replays clearly showed that Pettigrew pushed the defender over the blocker that dove at the defender's feet.

Also, the complaint I hear about the safety is null as it would have resulted in a safety no matter how they called the play.

That being said, the refs really hurt us in the beginning of the game on a few calls so I think it's mostly a wash.

His name is ROGERS!!!!!!!!!! Damn I know it isn't that huge of a deal but wouldn't you feel a tad disrespected? Picture yourself playing like an absolute stud on your new team that has some of the best fans in the NFL and at least once a day seeing your name misspelled. Kinda chitty if you ask me. Oh and btw, the defender has a right to the football just as much as the receiver does.

Calm down, noob. I really have to doubt how amazing our fans are when at least one can be so petty to jump all over another fan for misspelling someone's name.

Clearly, I know how to spell his name. Get over yourself.

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/157299-2011-schedule-analysis-predictions/page4/search=rogers,amplee#post48

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/158991-aldon-for-rookie-the-week/page5/search=rogers,amplee#post62

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/155967-2011-2012-49ers-off-season-signings-fas-trades/page96/search=rogers,amplee#post1440

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/156397-49ers-million-under-cap/page16/search=rogers,amplee#post229
First off, I love the word noob. It insinuates that you are on some sort of pedestal because you've posted on a website 8000 times.Good Job. Secondly, did you read it? The post includes a sentence as follows, "I know it isn't that huge of a deal." Hence I didn't jump all over anyone, but I truly didn't mean to hurt your feelings. And I'm not a fan of you, I don't even know you. So what the hell does that have to do with fans of the team?I'm sorry but I've just seen his name mispelled constantly on the zone. It wasn't a jab @ you or anyone else, it was a plea to give one of our standup players correct recognition. Thanks for my time.
it makes up for the phantom offsides call that had a hand in us losing to the cowboys
KNOW THE RULES SCHWARTZ
Originally posted by VaNiner540:
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by VaNiner540:
Originally posted by AmpLee:
The horse collar call gave us an extra ten yards or so (half the distance to the goal) in a drive Akers kicked a 31 yard FG. He probably would have still made the FG, so I won't say that changed the game.

The extra five yard would have yielded a completely different set of play calls the moment we were first and goal from the 6. We likely wouldn't have lost 4 yards on the run where we had brought in a goal-line short yardage package with no WR's on the field. Had we run at the 11, we likely would have done so from a spread, or more spread, formation. After we took a step back in yardage we gained it back the next play on a short pass to Crabs (iirc) that put us back on the 6. It's likely we would have been in a similar position regardless of the 5 yards to start the drive. It's really hard to say whether or not that changed the game.

The call, if I were the lions, I would have been most pissed about is the non-call on Rodgers on the fourth down late in the fourth quarter.

The chop block was completely justified although the announcers irresponsibly didn't note their mistake when replays clearly showed that Pettigrew pushed the defender over the blocker that dove at the defender's feet.

Also, the complaint I hear about the safety is null as it would have resulted in a safety no matter how they called the play.

That being said, the refs really hurt us in the beginning of the game on a few calls so I think it's mostly a wash.

His name is ROGERS!!!!!!!!!! Damn I know it isn't that huge of a deal but wouldn't you feel a tad disrespected? Picture yourself playing like an absolute stud on your new team that has some of the best fans in the NFL and at least once a day seeing your name misspelled. Kinda chitty if you ask me. Oh and btw, the defender has a right to the football just as much as the receiver does.

Calm down, noob. I really have to doubt how amazing our fans are when at least one can be so petty to jump all over another fan for misspelling someone's name.

Clearly, I know how to spell his name. Get over yourself.

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/157299-2011-schedule-analysis-predictions/page4/search=rogers,amplee#post48

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/158991-aldon-for-rookie-the-week/page5/search=rogers,amplee#post62

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/155967-2011-2012-49ers-off-season-signings-fas-trades/page96/search=rogers,amplee#post1440

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/156397-49ers-million-under-cap/page16/search=rogers,amplee#post229
First off, I love the word noob. It insinuates that you are on some sort of pedestal because you've posted on a website 8000 times.Good Job. Secondly, did you read it? The post includes a sentence as follows, "I know it isn't that huge of a deal." Hence I didn't jump all over anyone, but I truly didn't mean to hurt your feelings. And I'm not a fan of you, I don't even know you. So what the hell does that have to do with fans of the team?I'm sorry but I've just seen his name mispelled constantly on the zone. It wasn't a jab @ you or anyone else, it was a plea to give one of our standup players correct recognition. Thanks for my time.

Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Ginn ran out of bounds on the Lions sideline. If their staff was paying attention they could have challenged the spot and clearly would have won the challenge.

This ends any argument.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
I agree with you all. There was holding against our D all day long .... but I want this to be used as motivation.

And CJ was pushing off against Cully....and a whole slew of other things. I think Detroit won the battle of the bad calls...but the Media will only pay attention to this one because it puts the best story in the NFL back on top...yeah they lost but it was because of of bad calls.

Whatever...ammo. Who has it better than us?
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Originally posted by NinerGM:
I agree with you all. There was holding against our D all day long .... but I want this to be used as motivation.

And CJ was pushing off against Cully....and a whole slew of other things. I think Detroit won the battle of the bad calls...but the Media will only pay attention to this one because it puts the best story in the NFL back on top...yeah they lost but it was because of of bad calls.

Whatever...ammo. Who has it better than us?

Noooooobody

(well maybe except Greenbay ... but that battle is coming).
Originally posted by Otter:
It makes up for the 5 yards they took from us on the BS false start they called when Walker went in motion and drew the defender offside and vernon reacted.

+1 I mean seriously WTH
The only thing it says to me is that the refs suck
  • Sman
  • Member
  • Posts: 4,754
http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=37415
The Lock Cometh
f**k that. It actually hurt us. Without that 5 yards we would have gotten a first down instead of being down and goal. Then we would have just run more time off the clock before scoring.
  • Sman
  • Member
  • Posts: 4,754
Originally posted by NinerGM:
The Lock Cometh


my bad, where do I post this?
Let's not forget the 15 yarder on Soap for incidentally ripping the helmet off. Suh aggressively and intentionally ripped Davis' helmet off (among other things) which went uncalled. Also the PI call was rather iffy to say the least. Those calls were far more yardage than the 5 yard spot.

In the words of Mooch, "Bummer."
[ Edited by ghostrider on Oct 19, 2011 at 2:57 PM ]
Originally posted by SportsFan:
f**k that. It actually hurt us. Without that 5 yards we would have gotten a first down instead of being down and goal. Then we would have just run more time off the clock before scoring.

+1