LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 146 users in the forums

Media and the 49ers

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Best Quote ever for NFL power Rankings, Da Bears
Originally posted by susweel:
we will destroy the bears
Damn, susweel, nice call.
As for the power rankings take a look at the schedule both the Texans and Falcons have played. Pretty weak for both.
Originally posted by ninerfan818:
Best Quote ever for NFL power Rankings, Da Bears

#3 behind Houston and Atlanta on ESPN.com

We hold tie breaker over GB and CHI for beating them. I also think we control our own destiny. Win out and with a loss or 2 by Atlanta we got home field, but first up Saints.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
#3 behind Houston and Atlanta on ESPN.com

We hold tie breaker over GB and CHI for beating them. I also think we control our own destiny. Win out and with a loss or 2 by Atlanta we got home field, but first up Saints.

Traditional tie-breakers are irrelevant. With the tie SF has first tie-breaker (better win %) than any team with the same # of wins as them when the season ends because they will have one less loss. It's really that simple. This is why the lead over the Seahawks in the division is essentially two games right now - they have to outright win more games than SF to win the division.
some of the fools from nfl.com have the packers ranked over the 49ers lol
Still 6 games left
I believe there was a thread about 49ers and the media, but the search function seems to be down, so I'm posting this here.

My god, these "expert" journalists sometimes get on my nerves. I categorize them into two types: the "unprofessionals" and the "guessers".

An unprofessional:

This guy, Pete Prisco absolutely loathes Harbaugh, most of you know that, I believe. Here's a.ittle exchange I had with him a few minutes ago:

Me: "If you keep obsessing about Harbs people are gonna start wondering if he slept with your wife or shot you dog. You don't like him, we get it. "

Him: "No. I just don't like aerogance (sp)"

Me: "Must be hard living with yourself, then."

Really? You're don't like Harbs because he is arrogant? Who in the NFL isn't? If you don't like arrogance, you better not watch the league at all.

A guesser:

Lowell Cohn today:

"Do you think there's any chance in the world the Rams can defeat the 49ers on Sunday? I don't."

Before last game vs Rams (the TIE):

"Is there any way in the world the Rams can beat the Niners? I can't think of one."

Why do people read guys like him? What's his qualification to talk about football? He is a fan who can write well. Big deal.

Sports journalism is dying an ugly death.
He does not hate Harbaugh, he said that starting Kaepernick over Smith was a misstake, and he might be right
You better believe the media will be all over this. They've been salivating at a chance to write/talk about Kaep's first loss and if Harbaugh made the right decision.

Now that we lost a game BECAUSE of Kaep, there is going to be a s**tstorm raining down on 4949 centennial blvd. And that's the way it should be. Harbaugh created this situation, and I pray he is right. My gut tells me he his, but today was a bit discouraging.

• kray28
  • Veteran
If the Lowell Cohns of the world have a useful purpose, it's not to be your local team's homer softball lobber...but to actually hold Harbaugh's feet to the fire and hold him accountable for questionable decisions he made during the game.
Originally posted by Icelandic49er:
He does not hate Harbaugh, he said that starting Kaepernick over Smith was a misstake, and he might be right

Yeah, what the hell does Harbaugh know about coaching and QBs?
Originally posted by 49erRider:

right now that is a rhetorical question---at the end of the season it may be a legitimate question
Originally posted by hofer36:
Originally posted by 49erRider:

right now that is a rhetorical question---at the end of the season it may be a legitimate question
I agree with this and Cohn. He is right to think that a Super Bowl caliber team shouldn't be losing to the same ol sorry a$$ Rams. Thats what good teams do.
Most of these journalists expertise aren't in football but the art of s**t stirring and entertainment. I'd rather have the beat reporters report the facts and then listen to their analysis of them and cherry pick the opinions of the more knowledgeable posters on this board.

It's just like regular news reporting, cut out the bs and use the internet to get (most of the) facts and figure it out yourself.
Share 49ersWebzone