There are 134 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Media and the 49ers

Originally posted by McLovinAlexSmith:
5. 49ers: Frank Gore, because without him the offense would sputter.


http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/10/30/week-eight-power-rankings-3/

I love frank but our rb depth is not a issue on the team, I feel if frank went down hunter and jacobs could step up
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
The lower the 49ers are in these power rankings the better they play.

5th is 100% fine with me.

ya im over caring about them, when we were so-so and awful it was more important because there wasnt much else to hope for.
Originally posted by footballxpaul:
Originally posted by McLovinAlexSmith:
5. 49ers: Frank Gore, because without him the offense would sputter.


http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/10/30/week-eight-power-rankings-3/

I love frank but our rb depth is not a issue on the team, I feel if frank went down hunter and jacobs could step up
ahem...you mean Hunter and Dixon.

Come at me Bros
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 24,151
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by footballxpaul:
Originally posted by McLovinAlexSmith:
5. 49ers: Frank Gore, because without him the offense would sputter.


http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/10/30/week-eight-power-rankings-3/

I love frank but our rb depth is not a issue on the team, I feel if frank went down hunter and jacobs could step up
ahem...you mean Hunter and Dixon.

Come at me Bros
ok,,, ahh never mind
NOBODY is Frank Gore. Just thought i should say that.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
The lower the 49ers are in these power rankings the better they play.

5th is 100% fine with me.

Dix
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by footballxpaul:
Originally posted by McLovinAlexSmith:
5. 49ers: Frank Gore, because without him the offense would sputter.


http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/10/30/week-eight-power-rankings-3/

I love frank but our rb depth is not a issue on the team, I feel if frank went down hunter and jacobs could step up
ahem...you mean Hunter and Dixon.

Come at me Bros

Dixon? You are kidding, right? To replace Gore's production? Wow. They do make medication for that....I am quite certain. Come @ me wit-dat-brah. LOL.
Originally posted by 49ers_4ever:
Dix
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by footballxpaul:
Originally posted by McLovinAlexSmith:
5. 49ers: Frank Gore, because without him the offense would sputter.


http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/10/30/week-eight-power-rankings-3/

I love frank but our rb depth is not a issue on the team, I feel if frank went down hunter and jacobs could step up
ahem...you mean Hunter and Dixon.

Come at me Bros

Dixon? You are kidding, right? To replace Gore's production? Wow. They do make medication for that....I am quite certain. Come @ me wit-dat-brah. LOL.

Could be wrong, but I think he is just saying that big Dix is ahead of Jacobs on the depth chart. So it would be KH and Dix trying to replace Franks output, not KH and Jacobs.
Originally posted by KegBert:
Originally posted by 49ers_4ever:
Dix
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by footballxpaul:
Originally posted by McLovinAlexSmith:
5. 49ers: Frank Gore, because without him the offense would sputter.


http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/10/30/week-eight-power-rankings-3/

I love frank but our rb depth is not a issue on the team, I feel if frank went down hunter and jacobs could step up
ahem...you mean Hunter and Dixon.

Come at me Bros

Dixon? You are kidding, right? To replace Gore's production? Wow. They do make medication for that....I am quite certain. Come @ me wit-dat-brah. LOL.

Could be wrong, but I think he is just saying that big Dix is ahead of Jacobs on the depth chart. So it would be KH and Dix trying to replace Franks output, not KH and Jacobs.

true, i just doubt they would leave jacobs out of it completely. any way it would be i dont doubt our back ups could make up for the loss of gore, God forbid it happens
Originally posted by footballxpaul:
Originally posted by KegBert:
Originally posted by 49ers_4ever:
Dix
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by footballxpaul:
Originally posted by McLovinAlexSmith:
5. 49ers: Frank Gore, because without him the offense would sputter.


http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/10/30/week-eight-power-rankings-3/

I love frank but our rb depth is not a issue on the team, I feel if frank went down hunter and jacobs could step up
ahem...you mean Hunter and Dixon.

Come at me Bros

Dixon? You are kidding, right? To replace Gore's production? Wow. They do make medication for that....I am quite certain. Come @ me wit-dat-brah. LOL.

Could be wrong, but I think he is just saying that big Dix is ahead of Jacobs on the depth chart. So it would be KH and Dix trying to replace Franks output, not KH and Jacobs.

true, i just doubt they would leave jacobs out of it completely. any way it would be i dont doubt our back ups could make up for the loss of gore, God forbid it happens
I think its possible...or at least close to it.... I sometimes feel Hunter has better vision than Gore. But Gore lately has been playing better than last year imo. He looks quicker and more agile. Maybe it has to do with more rest thankx to Hunter.

What I didn't like was when we had that big lead, we still ran the ball with Hunter.... I think he is VERY important to this offense. Seeing him take hits from 6'8 300lbs Campbell and others late in a game that is out of reach....I still don't like it. But that is what the #2 RB's job is....but again, I don't look at him as a regular #2.

in the Jets game, they took him out and put in Dixon.....and Anthony was able to help run out the clock and end the game. I know some think I'm a Dixon Fanboy, but I don't care if we have Jacobs in for that situation. I'd rather us not use Gore (obviously) and Hunter late in games when it is already out of reach.
new power rankings.

ESPN: 4th

4 49ers 6-2 Same as Last Week

Last Week: 4 The 49ers, who host St. Louis in Week 10, are heavily favored to make it 12 consecutive home victories against NFC West opponents. (Sando)

NFL.com: 4th

RANK
4
6-2 49ERS Up 1 Spot
Week 9 was a bye in the Bay. Head coach Jim Harbaugh must figure out ways to a) replicate quarterback Alex Smith's 18-for-19 performance in Week 8, b) get tight end Vernon Davis involved early in games, and c) do those things without taking away any mojo from the red-hot running game.

Also we are sitting as the 3rd seed thanks to the Steelers knocking off the Giants. We basically control our own destiny, we have Chicago up coming, we beat them, and STL we take over 2nd spot. I only see one tough tough game, and that is in New England in December. Only other is New Orleans and Seattle might prove tough away from SF.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
new power rankings.

ESPN: 4th

4 49ers 6-2 Same as Last Week

Last Week: 4 The 49ers, who host St. Louis in Week 10, are heavily favored to make it 12 consecutive home victories against NFC West opponents. (Sando)

NFL.com: 4th

RANK
4
6-2 49ERS Up 1 Spot
Week 9 was a bye in the Bay. Head coach Jim Harbaugh must figure out ways to a) replicate quarterback Alex Smith's 18-for-19 performance in Week 8, b) get tight end Vernon Davis involved early in games, and c) do those things without taking away any mojo from the red-hot running game.

Also we are sitting as the 3rd seed thanks to the Steelers knocking off the Giants. We basically control our own destiny, we have Chicago up coming, we beat them, and STL we take over 2nd spot. I only see one tough tough game, and that is in New England in December. Only other is New Orleans and Seattle might prove tough away from SF.


Chicago, NE, and at Seattle will be tough
Chicago isn't tough. Their offense is garbage besides Marshall. Their defense is lucky by playing s**tty offenses. They sputtered against Green Bay... Coincidently the only good team they've played.
Originally posted by socalfan21:
Chicago isn't tough. Their offense is garbage besides Marshall. Their defense is lucky by playing s**tty offenses. They sputtered against Green Bay... Coincidently the only good team they've played.

i agree, they have been getting lucky and they almost lost to the panthers


so dont care about power rankings right now, any team in the top 7 could end up winning it all. no clear cut amazing team this year