There are 129 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Media and the 49ers

Originally posted by FL9er:
Hilarious how you guys take these so seriously.

We don't take it seriously. It is just another avenue to talk football and get pissed off if we don't feel we get the respect we think we deserve. That is all. In the end power rankings mean nothing.
lacanfora has us at #5 lol

gil brandt at #7
[ Edited by DonnieDarko on Dec 6, 2011 at 1:57 PM ]
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
No frankly our D gets passed on by guys like Vick, dalton, romo imagine what. Bree's and Rogers will do. I'm not sold on our pass D and frankly we can't score enough to keep up with them in my opinion.

Its called believing man, they've proven a lot of folks wrong already.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Since there is so much of it, I figure lets start a thread about it.

Here are a couple things I just read on NFL.com

Link
"Move over, San Francisco -- Seattle will reign supreme in NFC West"
The Seattle Seahawks will win the NFC West. Their defense can be just as dangerous as the San Francisco 49ers' vaunted unit. The quarterback play can be better with Matt Flynn. San Francisco, meanwhile, must deal with a much tougher schedule and heightened expectations.

Pete Carroll's boys might not "Win Forever," but winning nine to 10 games is a doable goal. That should be enough to take the division."

Pre-Season Power Rankings
"Top Shelf: Green Bay Packers, New England Patriots,Pittsburgh Steelers and Baltimore Ravens

Next level: Houston Texans, Philadelphia Eagles, New York Giants, New Orleans Saints and
Kansas City Chiefs

Contenders: San Francisco 49ers, Atlanta Falcons, New York Jets, Detroit Lions, Chicago Bears, Dallas Cowboys, Cincinnati Bengals, Carolina Panthers and Seattle Seahawks"

So at the very best that would put our beloved 49ers 10th at best on their power rankings. Not that any of that s**t matters but it is still fun to share.
I kinda like it like this. Most think we were one year wonder. The guys in the locker room are different though. They seem to be totally focused on getting back to where they left off last year -- the NFCCG -- and be more successful this year.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Jul 25, 2012 at 3:58 PM ]
Thats just the way we like it.
well, nothing new here.
  • NickV
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:

I dont know man. I think there is a lot more love than hate, right now. I actually worried that so many in the media seem to be jocking us.
When Randy Moss starts killing secondaries, what will the "Media" come up with then? The defenses we faced gave up?
Oh no, Gregg Fred Savage Rosenthal doesn't believe in us and predicts regression to the mean . . . how original. Regression to the mean is an argument for fantasy geeks who don't know what they're looking at.
Originally posted by susweel:

This. I prefer we be underrated vs overrated. Don't know why folks get so worked up over the talking heads.
What will they say if the 49ers win the superbowl?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
the media loves to build you up and they love to tear you down, unless you are the packers and the patriots of course
Originally posted by BayArea:
What will they say if the 49ers win the superbowl?

they will say we got lucky and cant do it again.