There are 105 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Media and the 49ers

We will be in top five.
Guarantee Pit, Bal, and NE leapfrog us in most of the "experts" rankings.
One spot.
We'll still be #2, we still have the second best record in the league, and everybody knows that because of the last 5 opponents on our schedule, it's 95.5% likely we lock down a the second seed in the NFC.
the experts all thought the niners are overrated anyways, they'll use this loss as an opportunity to drop us down as far as possible. stillers, ravens, saints, and patriots will all be above us. so that leaves us at #6
Originally posted by njninersfan420:
in lacanfora's rankings, probably somewhere in the 20's
Lol. LaCanfora will find a way to drop us to 33rd...
Originally posted by Janitor:
The strange obsession with power rankings continues...

I'm concerned about being able to go to a play-off game and watching the 9ers win it...after that I'm concerned about being able to go to a superbowl game and watching the 9ers win it.
My understanding is that Power Rankings weigh heavily how a team is playing now.

So, for example, even though the Patriots have lost a few games, they played really well this past week so they will probably move up. The Niners, even though they have won more games, didn't look good against the Ravens so they will probably move down.

Since the Niners kept the game close until the fourth quarter, they were playing on the road against a good team, and they had a short week, they may not drop 3-4 slots like some are suggesting, but......nine sacks doesn't help their cause. I think that one stat will have an overall affect on their ranking this week.

No worries....they are a young team and will improve.

Cheers!
Originally posted by 49ersfansince90:

this

That
Originally posted by Jakemall:
I'm concerned about being able to go to a play-off game and watching the 9ers win it...after that I'm concerned about being able to go to a superbowl game and watching the 9ers win it.

Both are valid concerns. The Niners may not be quite ready for prime time yet.

That being said, they have some time still to get ready.
Originally posted by LBSI9ers:

this

That

The aforementioned
Originally posted by FILTHpigskin:

this

That

The aforementioned

Ditto.

according to Laconfora we will be 15th this weekend.........you know that cock eyed b*stard is licking his chops this week cant wait 2 drop the niners out of the top 5
Originally posted by kidash98:
Originally posted by FILTHpigskin:

this

That

The aforementioned

Ditto.

and kidash counters with a ditto, WHAT.... SHALL.... BE.... NEXT!!!!!!!!!!
5th