LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 287 users in the forums

Media and the 49ers

Shop Find 49ers gear online
It seems like they hate us specifically, but it's not really the case. Nobody cares about losing teams or players, they're not worth the time to beat up on them. Everyone hates a winner. I'm reminded by what Allen Iverson said to LeBron once. Yeah they'll praise you for now, but just wait until the first issue pops up, they'll be waiting like wolves to try and take you down and tarnish your name. Look what's happening to Brady.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Aug 26, 2015 at 8:23 PM ]
Originally posted by Escobar:
how many games did he play for the Bears?

Did he play any other games for any other team other than the 49ers?

then explain johnathan martin being paraded on the cover of espn and other sites in a 49er uniform talking about his ordeal with depression and wanting to commit suicide. did he go through that as a 49er or a dolphin?
Originally posted by Jax49er:
how many games did he play for the Bears?

Did he play any other games for any other team other than the 49ers?

Yeah but there are plenty of guys who had issues last season who have been resigned by other teams, none of which receive the same treatment. Greg Hardy for instance is referred to as a dallas cowboy not a former panther because the panthers moved on from the stigma but cowboys chose to pick up that stigma. He is always dallas cowboys DE Greg Hardy now. 49ers get the exact opposite treatment.

difference is Greg Hardy is still a Cowboy, Chicago cut RayMac before he ever played there
If one more person says this asinine sentiment I'm gonna lose it.

THE MEDIA DOESN'T HATE US. The media gravitates toward what will get headlines and the 49ers are getting them.

They don't have favorite teams and disliked teams. Stop with this sophomoric b******t.
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:

THE MEDIA DOESN'T HATE US. The media gravitates toward what will get headlines and the 49ers are getting them.

They don't have favorite teams and disliked teams. Stop with this sophomoric b******t.

he mad

Not gonna happen. People like to to feel persecuted, especially when there is no actual persecution going on.
difference is Greg Hardy is still a Cowboy, Chicago cut RayMac before he ever played there

oh ok, see i thought he was still a chicago bear, now it makes sense...
Originally posted by KegBert:

Not gonna happen. People like to to feel persecuted, especially when there is no actual persecution going on.

Right. We're not being persecuted, it's just the nature of media. We're the 49ers, one of the "golden" franchises, and anything controversial will get blown up and critiqued to death because that's what gets viewers and readers.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by KegBert:

Right. We're not being persecuted, it's just the nature of media. We're the 49ers, one of the "golden" franchises, and anything controversial will get blown up and critiqued to death because that's what gets viewers and readers.

Correct.

The media are Sharks and when they smell blood - they attack.

They are the ones who create"Controversies" like QB controversies, Coaching controversies et cetera.

When they get a Real issue like Criminality - they really pounce.

They do it w/movie stars, athletes, politicians etc.

As Frank Sinatra sang, - That's Life.
I was listening to ESPN radio and they were talking about the Niners' rough schedule this year. They were saying that the only two teams that looked inferior to the Niners on paper were the Bears and the Browns, but another one said the Niners might be 2 and 9 by the time they see them so they may lose anyway. They didn't see any way the Niners win any of their first four games.

The national sports media is all in on their presumption that the Niners are going to suck big-time this year. We'll see. I still think they're going to be eating crow on Tomsula, Baalke and the general level of talent on this team.

Originally posted by crake49:
I was listening to ESPN radio and they were talking about the Niners' rough schedule this year. They were saying that the only two teams that looked inferior to the Niners on paper were the Bears and the Browns, but another one said the Niners might be 2 and 9 by the time they see them so they may lose anyway. They didn't see any way the Niners win any of their first four games.

The national sports media is all in on their presumption that the Niners are going to suck big-time this year. We'll see. I still think they're going to be eating crow on Tomsula, Baalke and the general level of talent on this team.
Everyone act like the guys that left were 10 yr probowlers and playing at career high levels...but they forget it wasn't even close..and most of them didn't even play last year or even played a full season the year before
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Aug 27, 2015 at 8:58 AM ]
I posted this in another thread but I think this maybe a more appropriate thread for it.

Originally posted by insanemike27:
Look at NFL.com's coverage of the Niners and Broncos. It looks just a bit one sided, don't you think?

THIS!
Originally posted by jonesadrian:

he mad

^lol'd

Just a matter of playing games and winning them. That's why I'm gonna be so pumped and so loud on opening day.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Everyone act like the guys that left were 10 yr probowlers and playing at career high levels...but they forget it wasn't even close..and most of them didn't even play last year or even played a full season the year before

Dude.

We lost Trindon Holliday.

Pack in the season.
Share 49ersWebzone