There are 187 users in the forums

Media and the 49ers

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Damn Dungy...that escalated quickly! 0-1 means you miss the playoffs??? Did I miss the new rule that shortened the regular season? Good grief.
UNDERDOGS BABY

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by alexsmith:
Originally posted by DelCed2486:
Why do you care how others perceive the 49ers?

Well I care because I am a 49er fan... And I want the team that follow to be "above reproach". Why would I want anything else? If I owned a company, I would want the company to have an impeccable reputation. The same applies for the team I follow.
you worry to much about what others think, this is not oprah for gods sake. f**k them, we give no quarter and we take no quarter. once you start to "worry' about how we are "perceived" you have a losing mentality. you need to get tougher kid
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ArmchairQB:
Damn Dungy...that escalated quickly! 0-1 means you miss the playoffs??? Did I miss the new rule that shortened the regular season? Good grief.

there is a double standard for us and for the rest of the nfl,, case in point, three minutes ago they praised wilson for being conservative,, if that would have been alex as a niner or ck,, they would have called him a game manager... i hate all of them
my brother is ready to give the hawks the crown, because he is a clown.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
dungee is the same reverse racist who said three years ago that tampa and josh johnson were alot better than JH, alex and our team.
Originally posted by alexsmith:
Originally posted by DelCed2486:
Why do you care how others perceive the 49ers?

Well I care because I am a 49er fan... And I want the team that follow to be "above reproach". Why would I want anything else? If I owned a company, I would want the company to have an impeccable reputation. The same applies for the team I follow.

I've been a 49er fan for nearly 40 years...I couldn't care less how the team is perceived by others, has zero effect on real life, at least for me. It's football. I've still got a job to do, mortgage to pay, kids to feed, etc...that doesn't change regardless of whether the 49ers are perceived by others to have an impeccable reputation.
Of course why does everyone talk crap if the saints were in our situation the would still be favorites ugh
  • BobS
  • Veteran
The Cowboys downgraded an already bad defense, the 49ers would really have to lay an egg to lose to them.

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BobS:
The Cowboys downgraded an already bad defense, the 49ers would really have to lay an egg to lose to them.

they can not run the ball, they can not defend.
The great thing about the NFL, unlike politics for example, is that perception is not reality. Reality is reality. They can say whatever they want. What the 49ers are will be determined on the field. And when they hang 40+ on the Cowboys on Sunday and do the same against the Bears, all that talk will disappear.
Tony Dungy looks like, and is, a horse's ass.
Originally posted by mkeniner:
The great thing about the NFL, unlike politics for example, is that perception is not reality. Reality is reality. They can say whatever they want. What the 49ers are will be determined on the field. And when they hang 40+ on the Cowboys on Sunday and do the same against the Bears, all that talk will disappear.

No it won't. They'll just say the Cowboys and Bears are really bad.
  • Veteran
Dungy has his opinion and we have ours. Hopefully he is wrong.
Share 49ersWebzone