LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 245 users in the forums

Media and the 49ers

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I want Harbaugh to stay......However if he don't wanna be here then Hopefully there is a coach who can take over and keep the winning Football going. I know Harbaugh hasn't won a SB yet but at least he has the 49ers VERY involved and competitive especially after the DARK Erickson/Nolan-Dinglebary Days. Atleast 49ers are relevant and in the conversation.
http://
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
I would like to go ahead and place that bet with Ed please.
Cowherd may be obnoxious, but he sure thinks highly of himself. And some of his stuff, it sounds like he is just making it up as he goes. Sheesh.
  • Disp
  • Veteran
First off, pretty sure the OP is a Seahawks fan. All his posts are in the Seahawks threads/49ers bashing. Secondly, why is it that people keep calling this potentially Harbaugh's last year or his "lame duck" year? He's under contract through February 2016; this season and next.
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by Joecool:
What nobody mentions is how does the real person in power, Jed York feel about this? I have a feeling Jed would fire Baalke if he had a choice between the two.
Jed will definitely keep Harbaugh and I don't think Harbaugh isn't abou to uproot his family yet.

Jed ain't firing Baalke. Jim will get the biggest check but Baalke and Paraag are the team before Jim. He told you his structure. Owner GM HC. Paraag are Baalke are essentially the GMs. They aren't going anywhere. You know what they've done. Same for Jim. To discount Baalke because Jim is good is not wise. Paraag and Trent are at the foundation of this organizations success

I don't know. Baalke was mainly hired because he said he could deliver Jim. I think Jim holds more weight on Jed's scale than does Baalke if it ever came down to it. Structure is structure. There's a reason why Walsh was more important than any GM.
Originally posted by Disp:
First off, pretty sure the OP is a Seahawks fan. All his posts are in the Seahawks threads/49ers bashing. Secondly, why is it that people keep calling this potentially Harbaugh's last year or his "lame duck" year? He's under contract through February 2016; this season and next.

Exactly! Idiots!
Jed can't let these extension talks drag on another offseason. Next year you better extend Harbs or get prepared to find his successor.
You never know. But if Michigan has another s**tty season they are gonna throw Nick Saban money at Harbaugh.

Originally posted by lamontb:
You never know. But if Michigan has another s**tty season they are gonna throw Nick Saban money at Harbaugh.

They would need 2 sh*tty seasons... again why all this talk is BS is the first place.

Harbaugh is going nowhere, deal with it media.
[ Edited by 5280High on Aug 22, 2014 at 11:32 AM ]
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pho_t_9er:
Cowherd is a sea hawk Homer and changes his views hourly.

^^ troof
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
It's pretty funny how Kaep and the 49ers offense gets a 5 minute segment on ESPN, but other players who have looked like garbage this preseason are given the benefit of the doubt, or excuses are made for them.

Herm Edwards did do a decent job of showing how mediocre Colin's footwork and mechanics have been over the course of the last 2 weeks.

You have to remember the media is constantly searching for the new "it" team/cinderella, that's why pretty much most are down on the 49ers after they've established themselves. It's the schtick that Skip Bayless uses (he jumped on the 49ers bandwagon when they got Harbaugh and when coach proved himself and everyone else jumped on the 49ers bandwagon he jumped off and went to Seattle. I'm pretty sure he was ready to crown the Rams before Bradford got hurt).
NFL Roundtable: San Francisco 49ers: http://youtu.be/V8KYDaBfiUA
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
NFL Roundtable: San Francisco 49ers: http://youtu.be/V8KYDaBfiUA

Wow Randy Moss said Harbaugh is a good coach but he thinks that not all the players are buying in to what he's selling and it's been going on for a couple years now....hmmmmmm
Share 49ersWebzone