There are 228 users in the forums

Media and the 49ers

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by pdizo916:
no wonder why they call us the 40 whiners.

They call us 40 whiners because some ultra clever people figured out that whiners rhymes with Niners.

Every team's fans whine about not getting enough coverage.

Every. Single. Team.
There was a lot of exciting highlight filled games this week and ours wasn't one of them.
Watch CSN Bay Area if you want legit niner coverage.
I thought it was very biased. The official posture was SF has a great defense, developing offense, Seattle has great defense and great offense -- poor Seattle had a blip in their greatness, and SF is still longing to join the big boys. Time will tell. If SF runs the table and wins the SB then all of these observations will be proved wrong.
Originally posted by est1985:
Wtf! I don't care if this doesn't deserve its own thread, but I've been battling the city of San Francisco and its horrible commuting options to and from candlestick. But seriously, wtf! I'm in my hotel room drinking and hanging with friends that I went to the game with and they have not talked about the game once. I'm not even joking. Who else is watching? In my opinion, the seahawks are their darling team and they don't want to broadcast their loss, but what the hell do I know?

It's called...every fanbase feels the same way that you do about their teams. Conspiracy, NFL hates us, no respect....it's comical. I challenge you to go to another message board and not find topics about being disrespected by the media.

BTW, I saw coverage on the game on ESPN, NBC, and NFL Network so I dunno what you're talking about.

Maybe they didnt glorify the niners as much as you had wished?
[ Edited by Stanley on Dec 9, 2013 at 12:49 PM ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
meh f**k that article. kap is a baller
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Nothing is biased except most of your delusions. The blind homerism is almost laughable, Seattle, media darlings that get away with cheating? All of a sudden now that Kap sucks, it has nothing to do with defenses adjusting and Kap not stepping up, it is all about poor play calling, bad coaching and defenses bending the rules. Oddly the same coaches that made Kap shine now make him suck. Also all of a sudden you are comparing Wilson and Kap in this game totally ignoring who was the road QB and who was at home.
Originally posted by BobS:
Nothing is biased except most of your delusions. The blind homerism is almost laughable, Seattle, media darlings that get away with cheating? All of a sudden now that Kap sucks, it has nothing to do with defenses adjusting and Kap not stepping up, it is all about poor play calling, bad coaching and defenses bending the rules. Oddly the same coaches that made Kap shine now make him suck. Also all of a sudden you are comparing Wilson and Kap in this game totally ignoring who was the road QB and who was at home.

1) Seattle does get away with cheating, and everyone knows it. Hell, in the past few games of theirs that I've watched, the commentators don't even try to sugar coat it anymore.

I would wager that most Seattle fans know they're getting away with mugging receivers, they likely just don't care because it's working in their favor.

2) Kap doesn't "suck," he just isn't playing as well as he did last year. Some of this could be attributed to maturity. And some of it is that defenses have "caught up" to his style of play. However, I think the effect of Crabs' absence has been virtually ignored this season.

Notice how New England's passing game took hit when a Gronk went down? Or the Ravens, now that Flacco is missing his favorite target (Boldin)? Or how about Stafford in the games Megatron sat out?

Why Kap is the only QB the media expects to play BETTER with his top target missing is beyond me.

3) I don't follow your point of the Kap/Wilson comparison. Wilson is supposed to be an MVP candidate, no? So it shouldn't matter where he plays. What's funny about that specifically is how Kap is being criticized for his performance yesterday (against arguably the best defense in the league), yet not a peep about Wilson though they posted nearly identical stats.

If that isn't bias, hell, I don't know what is.
Originally posted by baltien:
Originally posted by BobS:

1) Seattle does get away with cheating, and everyone knows it. Hell, in the past few games of theirs that I've watched, the commentators don't even try to sugar coat it anymore.

I would wager that most Seattle fans know they're getting away with mugging receivers, they likely just don't care because it's working in their favor.

2) Kap doesn't "suck," he just isn't playing as well as he did last year. Some of this could be attributed to maturity. And some of it is that defenses have "caught up" to his style of play. However, I think the effect of Crabs' absence has been virtually ignored this season.

Notice how New England's passing game took hit when a Gronk went down? Or the Ravens, now that Flacco is missing his favorite target (Boldin)? Or how about Stafford in the games Megatron sat out?

Why Kap is the only QB the media expects to play BETTER with his top target missing is beyond me.

3) I don't follow your point of the Kap/Wilson comparison. Wilson is supposed to be an MVP candidate, no? So it shouldn't matter where he plays. What's funny about that specifically is how Kap is being criticized for his performance yesterday (against arguably the best defense in the league), yet not a peep about Wilson though they posted nearly identical stats.

Wilson didn't play well at home either. We held him to his lowest rating for this season in SEA. Twice this season we held him in check without mugging and grabbing his WRs all game. No QB will shine vs these defenses on a regular basis. That is just factual observation
Stupid article. Kap didn't have a great game but it wasn't nearly as bad as the article suggests either. I mean if they're going to bash Kap then they need to call out Golden Boy MVP candidate Wilson too because their stat lines were near identical. Both QBs certainly had their hands full the entire day going up against BIG TIME elite defenses. It was battle fought in the trenches yesterday.

Can't wait til the Kap Hate campaign passes over and the media finds a new person to crucify.

Originally posted by baltien:

Great info and it's true - this media bias around Kap is unfair. Hell we gave smith 7 years
Originally posted by Stanley:
It's called...every fanbase feels the same way that you do about their teams. Conspiracy, NFL hates us, no respect....it's comical. I challenge you to go to another message board and not find topics about being disrespected by the media.

BTW, I saw coverage on the game on ESPN, NBC, and NFL Network so I dunno what you're talking about.

Maybe they didnt glorify the niners as much as you had wished?

Hardly the case. I'm never the type to complain about lack of coverage for the 49ers, especially considering that they've had plenty of exposure the last 3 seasons. But they were literally ignoring the game last night. I just found it odd that a matchup that went to the last seconds between the two best teams in the NFC didn't get espn coverage.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Game was not even as close as it appeared by the score. 49ers won that game pretty solidly as far as im concerned.

They wanna b***h about penalties screwing them over, but little do they know that if every penalty would have been called, we would have actually won by 27-17, cause even Aikman was pointing out all the holding calls on Maxwell in that game.
Don't want national attention. I used to, until I realized it doesn't matter.

I'm perfectly content watching CSN local coverage.
Just thought this summed up my feelings about this team the best.

"14.30 – 49ers at Buccaneers Game Notes

Why can't I get excited about the 49ers? Their defense looks better than last year and they keep winning but something about their offense makes me nervous. It's probably the play of Colin Kaepernick – he hasn't played a better than average game against a good defense since week one and then only barely. But he hasn't played badly for a long time either and it's that feeling of something about to happen that would worry me if I was playing San Francisco in the play-offs."
Share 49ersWebzone