There are 67 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Media and the 49ers

Originally posted by Wodwo:
BTW, the correct answer is that there is no debate.

If you feel the need to label an obviously multiple defense, you should go to the source.

Vic Fangio says he runs a 3-4 defense. The official roster lists three linemen and four linebackers as starting defenders.

Can we lock this thread now?
Nuff said!
See, now I feel stupid for taking Japanese instead of Spanish.

Spanish evidently lends itself better to anti-semitism.

If you feel the need to label an obviously multiple defense, you should go to the source.

Vic Fangio says he runs a 3-4 defense. The official roster lists three linemen and four linebackers as starting defenders.

Actually, the MOST correct answer is that Grant Cohn has no business discussing football, much less getting paid to do it. This is yet another fake story conjured up by a poser who refuses to actually research stories (which is the purpose of a beat reporter), who consistently capitalizes on the rabid hunger the 49er Faithful have for anything resembling 49er news. He puts embarrassingly little effort into a job that most of us would covet. I am convinced that the closest he came to any legitimate football experience involved dressing himself up in a jockstrap and rented shoulder pads for some candid self-shots, which I believe he has had enlarged and mounted on the ceiling above his bed.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WRATHman44:

Actually, the MOST correct answer is that Grant Cohn has no business discussing football, much less getting paid to do it. This is yet another fake story conjured up by a poser who refuses to actually research stories (which is the purpose of a beat reporter), who consistently capitalizes on the rabid hunger the 49er Faithful have for anything resembling 49er news. He puts embarrassingly little effort into a job that most of us would covet. I am convinced that the closest he came to any legitimate football experience involved dressing himself up in a jockstrap and rented shoulder pads for some candid self-shots, which I believe he has had enlarged and mounted on the ceiling above his bed.

I was trying to be concise.
Originally posted by WRATHman44:

I was trying to be concise.

Believe it or not so was I. The intricate details of the Cohn story are actually pretty disturbing. I didn't even mention his use of eye black yet.
Top five players the 49ers missed out on in the 2012 draft . . .according to Grant Cohn

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl-draft-top-five-players-san-francisco-49ers-201500939--nfl.html;_ylt=A2KJNTvZJmNRcGEAdWdNbK5_

1. T.Y. Hilton, WR, Florida International
2. Casey Hayward, CB, Vanderbilt
3. Chris Givens, WR, Wake Forest
4. Dwayne Allen, TE, Clemson
5. Rueben Randle, WR, Louisiana State

The fact that Baalke drafted Jenkins and not one of these five players will impact the 49ers for years.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Top five players the 49ers missed out on in the 2012 draft . . .according to Grant Cohn

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl-draft-top-five-players-san-francisco-49ers-201500939--nfl.html;_ylt=A2KJNTvZJmNRcGEAdWdNbK5_

1. T.Y. Hilton, WR, Florida International
2. Casey Hayward, CB, Vanderbilt
3. Chris Givens, WR, Wake Forest
4. Dwayne Allen, TE, Clemson
5. Rueben Randle, WR, Louisiana State

The fact that Baalke drafted Jenkins and not one of these five players will impact the 49ers for years.

Top five worst sources to quote as expert sources on the 49ers:

1. Grant Cohn
2. Grant Cohn
3. Grant Cohn
4. LOL Cohn
5. Grant Cohn
Originally posted by longtime49erfan:
Grant Cohn knows nothing whatsoever about football; he is an idiot.

It takes quite an effort to look like a bigger idiot than his dad...

...but he's pulled it off. Bravo.
[ Edited by Marvin49 on Apr 8, 2013 at 4:09 PM ]
Originally posted by eonblue:
lol. why is everyone hating on cohn? ive only been reading his articles for a month or so.

keep on reading you will find out why.
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by longtime49erfan:
Grant Cohn knows nothing whatsoever about football; he is an idiot.

It takes quite an effort to look like a bigger idiot than his dad...

...but he's pulled it off. Bravo.

Do they as a family have a serious dislike for the 49ers or what is it? I am not being sarcastic that is a genuine question.
Originally posted by eonblue:
lol. why is everyone hating on cohn? ive only been reading his articles for a month or so.

Cohn got in a little pissing match with Anthony Davis last year which got a bit personal. He became the unholy Anti-Christ after that.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
http://49ers.pressdemocrat.com/2012/04/inside-the-49ers/trent-baalkes-draft-gpa/

This sums it up. He's a talentless blog poster that takes the Skip Bayless route instead of the Matt Maiocco/Matt Barrows route - legit journalism and beat writing with well connected sources.
Originally posted by GEEK:
http://49ers.pressdemocrat.com/2012/04/inside-the-49ers/trent-baalkes-draft-gpa/

This sums it up. He's a talentless blog poster that takes the Skip Bayless route instead of the Matt Maiocco/Matt Barrows route - legit journalism and beat writing with well connected sources.

Sums up my opinion of the matter. I thought the webzone had removed pressdemocrat links for awhile. Either way I completely avoid them.
I actually enjoy Lowell Cohn's articles. He's a fresh voice, IMO.

Grant Cohn, however, is terrible.
Originally posted by Leathaface:

Lowell's voice is annoying as hell.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by Leathaface:

Lowell's voice is annoying as hell.