There are 160 users in the forums

Media and the 49ers

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
TJDT

I guess I'm not down with the dad gum yahoos. What the hell does TJDT mean?

I don't know, either. I didn't know YOLO until after the combine.

I used to know stuff.

Sucks getting old. I think I will go with, "Tiny Jamaican Donkey Turban." It seems relevant to this argument.
Fangio has went with a few different looks the past 2 seasons , but the 3-4 is obviously our base defense ...Brooks and Smith dont play with their hands in the dirt ...but they do as edge rushers in the nickel or the 4-2-5 ...our defense is versatile
It's a 3-4 base defense but shows some 4-3 looks depending on the situation, sort of a hybrid but the base is still 3-4 with three down lineman and 4 standing linebackers. Grant's reads seem to show that he has been doing his research but lesson number one, the first defensive formation of the game determines the base defense, depending on consistency of course. And that's a 3-4. The team is not built to consistently play in a 4-3 so logic dictates that this Fangio defense is a base 3-4 defense.
[ Edited by vermonator on Apr 8, 2013 at 7:34 AM ]
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Sucks getting old. I think I will go with, "Tiny Jamaican Donkey Turban." It seems relevant to this argument.

Yeah, getting old... that reminds me, I should take my blood pressure medication now. Thanks for that, my heart may have exploded in a couple hours.

I like your guess. It's by far the most amusing thing in this thread.

How about, "That Journalist Doesn't Think"?

No, that doesn't work... there's nothing in this thread about journalists. We'll stick with yours.
TJDT = Los Judios hicieron esto
Another way to look at it -- it's a 3-4 defense but rush 4 on passing situations.
Originally posted by Tman:
Originally posted by susweel:
f**k grant cohn

f**k grant cohn

Originally posted by LoneWolf:
f**k grant cohn

This x100000000000

f**k grant cohn

/thread

All of that
These
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
TJDT = Los Judios hicieron esto

See, now I feel stupid for taking Japanese instead of Spanish.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
BTW, the correct answer is that there is no debate.

If you feel the need to label an obviously multiple defense, you should go to the source.

Vic Fangio says he runs a 3-4 defense. The official roster lists three linemen and four linebackers as starting defenders.

Can we lock this thread now?
I know it's off season but spending any quality tought and time on this is pathetic.

BTW getting old does suck BUT it beats the alternative.

I thought the it was the big nickel..

Seriously though, who really cares.
lol. why is everyone hating on cohn? ive only been reading his articles for a month or so.

If you feel the need to label an obviously multiple defense, you should go to the source.

Vic Fangio says he runs a 3-4 defense. The official roster lists three linemen and four linebackers as starting defenders.

Nuff said!

Spanish evidently lends itself better to anti-semitism.

Actually, the MOST correct answer is that Grant Cohn has no business discussing football, much less getting paid to do it. This is yet another fake story conjured up by a poser who refuses to actually research stories (which is the purpose of a beat reporter), who consistently capitalizes on the rabid hunger the 49er Faithful have for anything resembling 49er news. He puts embarrassingly little effort into a job that most of us would covet. I am convinced that the closest he came to any legitimate football experience involved dressing himself up in a jockstrap and rented shoulder pads for some candid self-shots, which I believe he has had enlarged and mounted on the ceiling above his bed.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran

Spanish evidently lends itself better to anti-semitism.

Actually, the MOST correct answer is that Grant Cohn has no business discussing football, much less getting paid to do it. This is yet another fake story conjured up by a poser who refuses to actually research stories (which is the purpose of a beat reporter), who consistently capitalizes on the rabid hunger the 49er Faithful have for anything resembling 49er news. He puts embarrassingly little effort into a job that most of us would covet. I am convinced that the closest he came to any legitimate football experience involved dressing himself up in a jockstrap and rented shoulder pads for some candid self-shots, which I believe he has had enlarged and mounted on the ceiling above his bed.

I was trying to be concise.
Share 49ersWebzone