There are 53 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Media and the 49ers

Originally posted by cciowa:
28 for us whiffed a tackle that would have made all this non call blather,,,, blather, just ran right past the returner which we have seen before with our special ed teams... had we tried to run it into the end zone on second and third down, it never would never have come down to a fourth down no call ,, besides the ball was going out of bounds to crabtree anyway.

returns are called back every game almost.
Originally posted by robniner:
28 for us whiffed a tackle that would have made all this non call blather,,,, blather, just ran right past the returner which we have seen before with our special ed teams... had we tried to run it into the end zone on second and third down, it never would never have come down to a fourth down no call ,, besides the ball was going out of bounds to crabtree anyway.

Dude,

The Ravens were prepared to go on a run defense near the goaline so odds of a stuff would have been great.

They were playing the run on 1st and 7 and lil tiny James still got 2 yards.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Are we really still on this???

new news
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

Dude,

The Ravens were prepared to go on a run defense near the goaline so odds of a stuff would have been great.
we have the best running attack in the nfl, the best run blocking offensive line in the nfl, spin it however you want, there was zero excuse for us to not even try. If your theory is true, then we were f**king scared to run it, we were scared to try to impose our will. that is just as bad . in that game, on that stage, in that situation you do not call for little roll outs and flip up passes. f**king high school coaches even know that
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

The Ravens were schematically perfect down on the goal-line. I would have run the read-option down there.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

Dude,

agree,, i still think dixon should have been brought in on first and second down if gore was tired,, then you bring in gore and the jumbo line on third down and go power vs power like we have a million times before this year and have succeeded. terrible just f**king terrible.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by nickbradley:

new news

Not really. Its been talked about.

Dude,

agree,, i still think dixon should have been brought in on first and second down if gore was tired,, then you bring in gore and the jumbo line on third down and go power vs power like we have a million times before this year and have succeeded. terrible just f**king terrible.

Yes!!! This!!

Jumbo please!!!! I agree. We got 2 yds with James on their zero blitz. With Dixon or Gore in jumbo we probably chop away 2-3 yards a carry.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

Dude,

Yes!!! This!!

Jumbo please!!!! I agree. We got 2 yds with James on their zero blitz. With Dixon or Gore in jumbo we probably chop away 2-3 yards a carry.
and even if gore failed on third down, you know it would have been at the f**king two inch mark and ck could have fell across the goal line and scored. where is that clip of charlton heston in planet of the apes.. GOD DAMN IT ALL TO HELL
I agree with Peter King. Being blocked from the front is one thing, but being blocked from the front and being held from behind at the same time should have been an obvious flag. I've seen less flagrant blocks in the back flagged.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
pretty apparent the refs f**ked up. Not just on that play, but just about the entire game.

we got hosed by the refs big time that game, so many no calls that were so blatent against it, it makes me sick to think back on it.
We got hosed. Stop dwelling on it. We didn't play well enough in the first half, either.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
pretty apparent the refs f**ked up. Not just on that play, but just about the entire game.

we got hosed by the refs big time that game, so many no calls that were so blatent against it, it makes me sick to think back on it.
it makes me sick to see how our defense played for the ENTIRE GAME
it makes me sick to come out and make a drive killing penalty right away
it made me sick to see turnovers and mistakes and to see our team implode on the biggest stage in the world in the first half
it make me sick to see one of our guys whif a tackle on a kickoff return, which has happened all year
it makes me sick to think of the lack of effort by moss
it makes me sick to think of no pass rush and no aldon smith
it makes me sick to see our coaches not give our team the best chance to win the game with what we do best, that makes me f**king sick to my stomach and will do so forever
it made me sick to see us get out coached and not prepared on the punt safety when we let him run around 8 precious seconds
Originally posted by Leathaface:
We got hosed. Stop dwelling on it. We didn't play well enough in the first half, either.

Yup. If the game was even 3 pts closer at half, I think we win. To even be as close as we were at the end of the game was astonishing.

Just get to the super bowl again and curb stomp whoever is there.
Originally posted by nickbradley:

new news

King brought it up, we r jst attacking the idiocy of what has been an onslaught of pundits defending sham calls in the interest of defending the superbowls integrity and the ray lewis biography story they r likely to extend on the NFL network. That non call was the most egregious. It was right n plain sight of the officials n they whiffed. If they ddnt c it? Fine they whiffed, but for king to defend it with the wobbly leg argument hes attempting?? Yeah it winds us up. Especially aftr last years 'forward progress no fumble' call. Its not like there was some othr game nxt week for us to move onto. They want to play the superbowl w prison rules. Fine. Jst let us know ahead of time so we can play too. In the safety play our entire dline was held. No call. It was the superbowl. That means something to some of us. Miller was nearly raped and the rest of the team was robbed. U want to say 'Oh well, those r the breaks' n go watch the scouting combine, then go and take the pundits with u. It was only 8 days ago n defending THAT play aftr the pics weve seen is going too far. At the vry least it was a block n the back.
[ Edited by rominjoe on Feb 11, 2013 at 11:11 AM ]