LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 291 users in the forums

Media and the 49ers

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Baldie:
If the niners win the superbowl, it'll be because the Ravens didn't play well.

The Niners will win if the Ravens play like they've been playing all season. The Ravens have been hot and lucky in the playoffs, but during the season, the Niners had a higher rated offense and defense. On defense, the Niners were ranked #3 and the Ravens were #17. On offense, the Niners were ranked #11 and the Ravens were ranked #16. If the Ravens play bad, it will be a blowout. If they play to their season standards, the Niners should win. If the Ravens play as hot as they have been so far in the playoffs, it should be a tough game.
Originally posted by Tombo:
Anybody just notice when Darren Sharper called Jim Harbaugh and Heath Evans "Pricks", then tried to cover it up by saying "prickly"? It was right before the Kaepernick interview!

He didn't try to cover it the host did.
Sharper is just a media clown. He needs coaches and players to bow down to whatever media clowns require. Harbaugh needs to smile, he needs to expand on questions and give the clowns lots of things they can write down so that they can fill their word quotas more easily. It's so much harder to make your 500 word quota when you actually have to think of something to write or possibly even do some research. It's so much easier when you can just regurgitate a bunch of words someone more accommodating has handed you on a silver platter. Harbaugh needs to be nicer so he won't hurt Sharper's and his fellow media clowns' so very tender and sensitive feelings. I totally love the way Harbaugh deals with the media. Screw em. Let the lazy b*****ds work for their money. And, if their feelings are hurt, get the hell out of the business and get a real job.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GNielsen:

The Niners will win if the Ravens play like they've been playing all season. The Ravens have been hot and lucky in the playoffs, but during the season, the Niners had a higher rated offense and defense. On defense, the Niners were ranked #3 and the Ravens were #17. On offense, the Niners were ranked #11 and the Ravens were ranked #16. If the Ravens play bad, it will be a blowout. If they play to their season standards, the Niners should win. If the Ravens play as hot as they have been so far in the playoffs, it should be a tough game
What I meant to say is thats what the media might say
I thought this thread was about the media...

From the pro bowl,

Eli Manning - ninere
Jamaal Charles - niners

I have been hoping for a blowout the past few weeks for the sake of my blood pressure. Maybe I can finally get one
What I meant to say is thats what the media might say

I got that it was implied, don't know how anyone else didn't.
Sharper is just a media clown. He needs coaches and players to bow down to whatever media clowns require. Harbaugh needs to smile, he needs to expand on questions and give the clowns lots of things they can write down so that they can fill their word quotas more easily. It's so much harder to make your 500 word quota when you actually have to think of something to write or possibly even do some research. It's so much easier when you can just regurgitate a bunch of words someone more accommodating has handed you on a silver platter. Harbaugh needs to be nicer so he won't hurt Sharper's and his fellow media clowns' so very tender and sensitive feelings. I totally love the way Harbaugh deals with the media. Screw em. Let the lazy b*****ds work for their money. And, if their feelings are hurt, get the hell out of the business and get a real job.

^^This.

I don't know about Sharper because I don't have the NFL network, but the rest is legit.
I have been hoping for a blowout the past few weeks for the sake of my blood pressure. Maybe I can finally get one

I don't expect it to be a blow out win, but I will be much happier if the 49ers do win that way.
  • Chief
  • Veteran

Correct!!

Originally posted by SofaKing:
God told me Niners win 24-19. Sorry Ray Lewis.

Let the will of the Lord BE DONE!!!

No, it will be because the Ravens got there the hard way and had no gas left. Had they had fresh legs they would have dominated. Funny thing is despite all the scenarios going the Niners way the majority of the media still are picking the Ravens.
[ Edited by vermonator on Jan 28, 2013 at 6:09 AM ]
These so called experts spend more time clowning around and looking like fools, than reporting anything of any real value. They make predictions week after week and make sure everyone knows when they are finally right on a opinion, yet suddenly get "Romnesia" when they are wrong. Just like Saap predicting Niners to go 0-16 last season, yet this year he has endless praise for us. Don't even get me started on those clowns on Fox pregame. Steve Young, & Eric Davis is the only two I listen to and respect. Get more valueable info from local team beat writters than any of these so called "expert analysts"

Go Niners! Can't wait for Sunday!
I'm kinda tired about how the media is making this out to be all about a player or the coaches. I.e. the Harbaugh bowl, the Ray Lewis finale, and now the story about Alex Smith wanting to be released after the game. Both of these TEAMS have done the right things to get here. I think the media should be concentrating on that rather than the bs they have been.

As far as the analysts go. Young and Eric Davis are the ones I respect he most. THe others are there for entertainment value only or just suck. It's amazing how these guys are still questioning Kaep's poise after what he has done.
and yet we are 4 point favorites I believe in the superbowl
Share 49ersWebzone