LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 325 users in the forums

49ers in consideration for year-end awards

Shop Find 49ers gear online
What the hell is Alex coming back from? Having a below average season?
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:

Poor performance is in fact criteria. Google the award.
Harbaugh for coach of the year is a LOCK!!!
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

so if you'be been bad for 5 years and then good on your 6th you'd qualify?
With a winning record a lot of our players will be consider for pro bowl. These players are in the hunt for pro bowl:

Frank Gore, Vernan Davis, Justin Smith, Patrick Willis, NaVorro Bowman, Carlos Rogers, David Akers, Andy Lee

Other consideration:
If Aldon Smith can get 10+ sacks in the season, he has a chance.
Kickers and punters are tough because there is only one spot each in the NFC, no backups. So even though both Lee and Akers are having a great season they only have a decent chance for pro bowl.
Vernan Davis can benefit from name recongition, but he still needs to catch more passes. There are a lot of competition such as Jimmy Graham, Jason Witten , Tony Gonzalez...
Ray McDonald is having a great season, but he being a DE for a 3-4 defense would be very tough unless he can pile a respectable sack numbers and have name recognition like Justin Smith.
Dashan Goldson is having a very good season but he won't be considered without a respectable number of int.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

The point is Alex Smith needs to have a very good season some time in his career , then suffer from poor performance and then bounced back to a very season. When did Smith ever had a very good season to bounced back from, his second season when Norv Turner was the offensive coordinator can be consider his best season (before this current season) I can think of. But if you look at the stats, he only had a QB rating of 75 that season. Smith actually had a higher rating of 82 in his last two seasons.

So there was no good season Alex Smith can comback from.
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
Disagree with MVP unfortunately. Gore will never be in that category. There are players playing so much better than him. Across the bay, Darren McFadden is a much more viable option for MVP.

Agree with Justin Smith but that is a 9er homerism (and Jared Allen is having a HELL of a year).

Agree with Aldon Smith -- who the hell else is a defensive rookie doing well?

Harbaugh - without a DOUBT - especially after beating the other coach that is a front-runner for that honor.

You're right, Gore won't get it. I stated that. I said that if he keeps playing well he'll be in discussion, and may come out with a vote or two.

Aldon is doing great, but so is Von Miller. Although as Aldon is gaining momentum, Von is loosing it.

Harbaugh is the frontrunner, but Hugh Jackson is in consideration as well. The Titans HC is a dark horse and don't forget Andy Reid (oh wait)

Jared Allen is doing very well, but his team is loosing games. The awards don't go to players on 1-15 teams, and the Vikings may be just that
Originally posted by Antix:
This Alex comeback player thing intrigues me.

Can you get that award if you're not injured? really don't know the answer.

I just meant for coming back to the same team year after year after year after being a shoe-in for getting the boot...is that not what the award means :)
Share 49ersWebzone