There are 185 users in the forums

Interesting Stats on Throwing %, Drops and YAC I put together

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Joecool:
The fact that GB, ATL, and BAL are right there in the top 10 (GB 11) tells you that drops don't dramatically affect passing results.

I would like to see a scatterplot on this and see how the correlation is. I think it will be more scattered than linear.

Big difference between 1 st or 2 nd and 11th. Also this includes this past game where GB wrs dropped like 5 passes in one game. Before that, they were in the bottom of this stat.
Originally posted by valrod33:
The fact that GB, ATL, and BAL are right there in the top 10 (GB 11) tells you that drops don't dramatically affect passing results.

I would like to see a scatterplot on this and see how the correlation is. I think it will be more scattered than linear.

3 of the teams with the best passing attacks in the NFL (Pats, Saints, Texans before Schaub got hurt) have a low amount of dropped balls

HOU is ranked 17th. Now throw in MIN, TEN, OAK, and WAS down their in the low drops and I think the correlation here is not very strong at all.

Problem was/is not the wrs....remember McNevermind is not playing for the Vikes anymore.
Originally posted by Jakemall:

3 of the teams with the best passing attacks in the NFL (Pats, Saints, Texans before Schaub got hurt) have a low amount of dropped balls

HOU is ranked 17th. Now throw in MIN, TEN, OAK, and WAS down their in the low drops and I think the correlation here is not very strong at all.

Drops by themselves, no. That is not sufficient data to judge.

Exactly. I know it doesn't play the only importance, but QB ability weighs in the most when it comes to pass production.

Drops by themselves, no. That is not sufficient data to judge.

Exactly. I know it doesn't play the only importance, but QB ability weighs in the most when it comes to pass production.

I wpuld argue it is a team thing. Qb ability, WR ability, OL pass blocking and how ,uch respect does the run game command. Give me an average NFL QB and give me a line that gives him 5 seconds to throw every down and I will give you a QB that makes the pro Bowl. Megatron and Randy Moss Both made QBs look pretty damn good. Randy gives us a before and after picture..
But there is no question what Megatron does for his qb. Just fling it...even into double coverage. Does not need to be accurate.
I wpuld argue it is a team thing. Qb ability, WR ability, OL pass blocking and how ,uch respect does the run game command. Give me an average NFL QB and give me a line that gives him 5 seconds to throw every down and I will give you a QB that makes the pro Bowl. Megatron and Randy Moss Both made QBs look pretty damn good. Randy gives us a before and after picture..
But there is no question what Megatron does for his qb. Just fling it...even into double coverage. Does not need to be accurate.

... and you would be easily right. Great thread, by the way. Thanks for the work put into it.
Share 49ersWebzone