Not a member? Register Now!

How about that Bruce Miller

Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by GNS1310:
Paging Owen Marecic

Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN8m
Jim Harbaugh said FB Bruce Miller has an injury "that doesn't look good" to his scapula (shoulder blade). 49ers likely to add Owen Marecic.

Eff you Baalke/Harbaugh! I warned fans ALL year he was silently one of our best offensive players/MVP's. I said we needed to start developing a real FB behind him just in case. I got excited when we brought in Owen b/c he was a pretty pure FB. Cut. And then we risk Miller in the passing game all year. Screwed if he's out...

realistically how many teams keep a developmental fb on the 53? i'd say almost nobody. now on the PS squad, there may be a case to be made for that.

True esp. in today's passing NFL but we're counter to that in every way. And also, we couldn't have stashed Jason Scheplar and Owen Marecic on the PS like you suggested?
Send in the Tank
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Can Boobie handle the FB position?
Paging Owen Marecic

Jim Harbaugh said FB Bruce Miller has an injury "that doesn't look good" to his scapula (shoulder blade). 49ers likely to add Owen Marecic.

Eff you Baalke/Harbaugh! I warned fans ALL year he was silently one of our best offensive players/MVP's. I said we needed to start developing a real FB behind him just in case. I got excited when we brought in Owen b/c he was a pretty pure FB. Cut. And then we risk Miller in the passing game all year. Screwed if he's out...

realistically how many teams keep a developmental fb on the 53? i'd say almost nobody. now on the PS squad, there may be a case to be made for that.

True esp. in today's passing NFL but we're counter to that in every way. And also, we couldn't have stashed Jason Scheplar and Owen Marecic on the PS like you suggested?

yeah we could have in scheplars case and maybe marecic's too. i think we should be happy to have marecic and boobie as options, aswell as using the back up te's a little more. we've got options. theres a lot of teams who have 1 fb and thats all with no other options. if this we pre-crabs and MM coming back i think we'd be in a lot more trouble then we currently are.
Paging Owen Marecic

yeah we could have in scheplars case and maybe marecic's too. i think we should be happy to have marecic and boobie as options, aswell as using the back up te's a little more. we've got options. theres a lot of teams who have 1 fb and thats all with no other options. if this we pre-crabs and MM coming back i think we'd be in a lot more trouble then we currently are.

That's certainly true! It may force Roman's hand a little and we may start seeing more McDonald in the short passing game as well now? Who knows. It just would have been nice to have been developing these guys all along. Losing our starting FB is like other teams losing their #1 TE or #3 WR.
Boldin at FB. Do it, Roman!

Idiot announcer called Colt McCoy "Peyton Hillis" at about the minute mark.
Tough year for injuries.
Originally posted by darkknight49:
Boldin at FB. Do it, Roman!

lol. Because we're SO deep at wide receiver

This is a huge blow to our offense, geez
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:

We'll be fine. We've got Boobie the super hero.
Originally posted by mayo49:

I hope you are right but I love me some Bruce MIller
This fool got cracked, he should have just gone out of bounds.
Originally posted by mayo49:

Next man up. Boobie should get first crack at the job, with Marecic being the emergency signing just in case. Tough break, but what can you do?