How about that Bruce Miller

Originally posted by niners94:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by GNS1310:
Paging Owen Marecic

Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN8m
Jim Harbaugh said FB Bruce Miller has an injury "that doesn't look good" to his scapula (shoulder blade). 49ers likely to add Owen Marecic.

Eff you Baalke/Harbaugh! I warned fans ALL year he was silently one of our best offensive players/MVP's. I said we needed to start developing a real FB behind him just in case. I got excited when we brought in Owen b/c he was a pretty pure FB. Cut. And then we risk Miller in the passing game all year. Screwed if he's out...

if they can get marecic before the hawks pick him up just to f**k with us we will be fine. he was a beast at stanford and we run the same exact system they ran there so his transition will be pretty easy. hopefully bruce is back soon tho. dixon is good as well, we will be ok

Miller is way better than these guys. Our running could suffer.

Big time! We just lost the most veratile FB in the game. Crabtree has a ways to go just to catch him as the 3rd receiver on our team too.
Just when everyone was getting healthy....
Originally posted by niners94:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by GNS1310:
Paging Owen Marecic

Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN8m
Jim Harbaugh said FB Bruce Miller has an injury "that doesn't look good" to his scapula (shoulder blade). 49ers likely to add Owen Marecic.

Eff you Baalke/Harbaugh! I warned fans ALL year he was silently one of our best offensive players/MVP's. I said we needed to start developing a real FB behind him just in case. I got excited when we brought in Owen b/c he was a pretty pure FB. Cut. And then we risk Miller in the passing game all year. Screwed if he's out...

if they can get marecic before the hawks pick him up just to f**k with us we will be fine. he was a beast at stanford and we run the same exact system they ran there so his transition will be pretty easy. hopefully bruce is back soon tho. dixon is good as well, we will be ok

Miller is way better than these guys. Our running could suffer.

ofcourse he is but were gonna have to deal with it i guess. i dont think dixon is that bad to be honest. hes tough and he does whatver hes asked to do. got over his dancing days too. marecic could be good, he didnt really get a shot when we signed him for a little while.
tough loss...but when we get lemons lets hope Marecic can make some lemonade as a lead blocker. Miller's pass catching is a big loss but hopefully our healing WR's can take some of those looks.
Bring back Jason Schepler!! He's more of a beast than Owen and Dixon.
Originally posted by ltrain:
tough loss...but when we get lemons lets hope Marecic can make some lemonade as a lead blocker. Miller's pass catching is a big loss but hopefully our healing WR's can take some of those looks.

exactly. his pass catching was huge when we didnt have WRs. they can still toss it to gore, mcdonald, dixon, hunter, james. the WRs and VD will get open because you cant just double team them out anymore. i think they should get gore more involved in the passing game anyway, that part of his game isnt used enough since jim harbaugh came in. as a lead blocker i think dixon will be fine
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Thinking positively, maybe this forces Roman to spread things out and open things up a little bit.

it is hard to, just because of the chemistry with Miller's run blocking. He has great awareness...and is able to get multiple blocks on runs here and there.

but I can myself. The one benefit that can come out of this is those passes to the flats that we do to Miller, those can be huge gains with Dixon's speed and running ability.

also Dixon did a great job run/pass blocking in preseason and mop up duty during the regular season.

This can also make our diamond pistol formation more creative with Runs with Dixon.

Also, those 1 yard runs we tried with Miller might be more effective with Dixon's speed and power.

This might also make some posters happy who hated seeing Dixon taking carries away from Hunter/James ( I personally didn't mind it late in games however)

and like you said yourself SonocoNinerFan, it might also force Roman to open up the playbook...more spread formations, which I think can help our read option plays.... shotgun spread, with Gore/Hunter/James runs up the middle.

I don't understand why we are bringing back Owen dude...he is slow and didn't impress the coaches enough to keep him. I don't mind bringing him on the team for a backup/emergency position...but I hope he is not active for games. This would give us an opportunity to have Dixon start at FB, and have an extra active spot for a DlineMan or TE Carrier (who I like better than Celek)

no time to get cute with this "Owen can play FB and LB for us BS) its late in the season..these games count, no fiddling around.
i'd rather he didnt get hurt, but i'd be more concerned if glenn dorsey was announced as out for the season. at the end of the day, its a fullback, while it may be more important to our O then some others around the league, i believe we will be able to patch up that spot.
I wouldn't mind seeing what Dixon can do at FB, he looked good in preseason. Besides if the niners sign marecic the run game will become that more obvious and easier to stop, with Dixon in their it'll be easier to fake playcalls and call screens or just a direct handoff for 1 yard for the 1st down.
[ Edited by NikeSBHead on Dec 16, 2013 at 12:42 PM ]
  • pd24
  • Veteran
We didn't just lose a FB we lost our #3 WR.. lol
Originally posted by pd24:

how many receptions does he have since crabs and mario have come back? i dont think its as many as he used to get
Harbaugh gushed pretty hard about how great Marecic was when we first snagged him... hope he lives up to that.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Thinking positively, maybe this forces Roman to spread things out and open things up a little bit.

it is hard to, just because of the chemistry with Miller's run blocking. He has great awareness...and is able to get multiple blocks on runs here and there.

but I can myself. The one benefit that can come out of this is those passes to the flats that we do to Miller, those can be huge gains with Dixon's speed and running ability.

also Dixon did a great job run/pass blocking in preseason and mop up duty during the regular season.

This can also make our diamond pistol formation more creative with Runs with Dixon.

Also, those 1 yard runs we tried with Miller might be more effective with Dixon's speed and power.

This might also make some posters happy who hated seeing Dixon taking carries away from Hunter/James ( I personally didn't mind it late in games however)

and like you said yourself SonocoNinerFan, it might also force Roman to open up the playbook...more spread formations, which I think can help our read option plays.... shotgun spread, with Gore/Hunter/James runs up the middle.

I don't understand why we are bringing back Owen dude...he is slow and didn't impress the coaches enough to keep him. I don't mind bringing him on the team for a backup/emergency position...but I hope he is not active for games. This would give us an opportunity to have Dixon start at FB, and have an extra active spot for a DlineMan or TE Carrier (who I like better than Celek)

no time to get cute with this "Owen can play FB and LB for us BS) its late in the season..these games count, no fiddling around.

I think Marecic is coming in more to take his spot on ST's. I can't see him involved in the offense much
Originally posted by pd24:

how many receptions does he have since crabs and mario have come back? i dont think its as many as he used to get

he had 4 this week, which was the most all season for him. Averages about 2 receptions a game. But that doesn't matter. It's his impact on the rushing attack that will be heavily felt.
Can Marecic catch?