There are 165 users in the forums

Who stays and who goes....

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by CullyInTheHouse:
No, what is ridiculous is to claim one guy having a better work ethic when NONE of us know how hard they work. Only thing we can go off is Fangio saying Cox would get complacent and not work as hard. I'm sorry, but when I see BS, I will call someone out on it. I didn't call anyone names and I wouldn't do that.

Chris put the brass knuckles down ok.
I promise I'm innocent!!!!! That kid was lying!!!!!
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
I just can't picture Justin Smith retiring. He still has a lot left in the tank.
Whaaaaaaatt? Lol, so you look at only the casual stats? Makes sense, most fans do. I just got to be careful from now on who I debate with.

So how does Cully get burnt and not Cox who allowed almost 400 more yards than him? Lmao, this is some GREAT stuff here.

And what does that mean Cox puts in work?

So Cox was thrown at 23 more times, has one LESS TD against him and one MORE INT than Culliver but you're more concerned with how many yards?

Talk about "casual stats"

I'll up load Culliver's burnt toast profile pic momentarily.
Originally posted by RabidNiner:
Whaaaaaaatt? Lol, so you look at only the casual stats? Makes sense, most fans do. I just got to be careful from now on who I debate with.

So how does Cully get burnt and not Cox who allowed almost 400 more yards than him? Lmao, this is some GREAT stuff here.

And what does that mean Cox puts in work?

So Cox was thrown at 23 more times, has one LESS TD against him and one MORE INT than Culliver but you're more concerned with how many yards?

Without comparing him to P. Cox I thought Cully had a pretty good year. I would love to have him back.
I promise I'm innocent!!!!! That kid was lying!!!!!

LMAO!!! Think about this, Culliver allowed 468 yards, while Cox allowed almost DOUBLE that! And you're worried about allowing TDs? Do you even know the type of TDs Culliver allowed in the RZ? Two of the four TDs allowed came off the one or two yard line where it is impossible for the CB to cover. Usually the offensive player engages first with Aldon and then releases the last second. Again though, keep up good the fight about Cox putting in that work!!!!
Originally posted by WINiner:
Originally posted by Geeked:
There are better 3-4 DC's than Fangio unemployed atm.

Name's, or you're talking out of your a**

Wade Phillips

Rex Ryan
Originally posted by GorefullBore:
Without comparing him to P. Cox I thought Cully had a pretty good year. I would love to have him back.

Going to be interesting in how much he gets offered in the open market. I still think he played Beckham as good as any CB after he got rolling. If he leaves, then CB has to be a top priority along with DL and WR.
  • bors
  • Veteran

Wade Phillips
that's 1

• thl408

Going to be interesting in how much he gets offered in the open market. I still think he played Beckham as good as any CB after he got rolling. If he leaves, then CB has to be a top priority along with DL and WR.

Cully versus Cox seems like a thread worthy discussion. Cully adjusted well to RCB this season. Cox can play slot if needed. I'd consider both average run support defenders. Both have had scuffles with the law. Cully is one year younger. Even if both asked for the same amount of money it's tough to decide.

Anyone have their PFF ratings on the year?
  • bors
  • Veteran
Originally posted by theninermaniac:

Wade Phillips

Rex Ryan

Said it's head coach or bust.not going to coordinate
Originally posted by thl408:

Cully versus Cox seems like a thread worthy discussion. Cully adjusted well to RCB this season. Cox can play slot if needed. I'd consider both average run support defenders. Both have had scuffles with the law. Cully is one year younger. Even if both asked for the same amount of money it's tough to decide.

Man, this is a tough one. We know we have Brock at 4 years $16M. So there is your baseline contract. Cox can play outside CB and the slot (very important) BUT we now have Johnson/Ward to do that. Culliver, when and IF healthy, typically, plays very well minus a couple momentary lapses of judgement/concentration and a fear of diving in on run support d/t his bad concussion.

For context re: contract negotiations, how about the rest of the secondary?

Leon McFadden - is signed through 2015. Per DeUh, here is his scouting college notes:
- competes on every single play
- quick footwork
- fluid hips
- can easily change directions
- is at his best while in off-man and zone-coverage
- good special teamer
- can return punts
- arm length 32 3/8
- 47 pass breakups in 4 years
- needs to work on his tackling technique
- inconsistent in press-coverage and struggles to always get a good jam at the los

Pro Football Focus = 85 Snaps @ + 0.5 Grade (+ 1.3 in Coverage)
2 QB Hurries
3 Tackles
2 Passes Defensed

And let's not forget Ward should be able to finally return fully healthy and I think Johnson is even better in the slot (and not just b/c of his size/reach facing tall TE's and slot WR's).

Then we also have Reaser and Acker coming into the fold as well. Cameron Fuller is signed through 2015 as well.

And let's not forget we have Tramaine Brock who MAY finally get healthy and Marcus Cromartie didn't play poorly either.

Finally, we have Chris Cook who seemed to shine with us AND was a beast on ST.

So, knowing all of this, as a GM, what would you do with Cully and/or Cox?
[ Edited by NCommand on Jan 4, 2015 at 5:20 PM ]

LMAO!!! Think about this, Culliver allowed 468 yards, while Cox allowed almost DOUBLE that! And you're worried about allowing TDs? Do you even know the type of TDs Culliver allowed in the RZ? Two of the four TDs allowed came off the one or two yard line where it is impossible for the CB to cover. Usually the offensive player engages first with Aldon and then releases the last second. Again though, keep up good the fight about Cox putting in that work!!!!

Cox was also covering the #1 WR every game of the season. That's probably why he allowed more yards, and was thrown at a little more.

I thought both Cox and Cully played very well this season. We don't have to support one by bashing the other. They're good players.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Jan 4, 2015 at 6:29 PM ]
Originally posted by thl408:

Cully had a nice year. Very good coverage numbers across the board. I'd feel comfortable with him if he moved back to LCB.

Cox probably had the tougher assignment on a weekly basis, so I can understand his coverage stats not being as strong. But he had a pretty good year too.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Jan 4, 2015 at 6:40 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone