There are 89 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

How about that Bruce Miller

Originally posted by Gore_21:
Wow how the heck does that make him one of the top paid FBs in the game when guys like Tolbert and Reese are making twice that. Leech, McClain, etc probably had bigger contracts than that at one point too. I guess unless they are just comparing him to the non RB type FB's unlike Tolbert.

Anyways, 1.8 average per season... 3 years 5.4 million plus he lowered his 2014 salary so it's not 1.389 mil anymore. Means he's making about 4 years 6 million which is an average of 1.5 per. That is an absolute steal they could have paid him 2.5-3 per and I would have been fine with it. He's one of our most important players.

Best parts signed thru 2017, and saved over 300K in cap room. Same can be done for Culliver. He has the same base as Miller had, $1.431M(Went up when the cap went up). So a deal could be reached soon, hopefully very very soon. Have our top 2 CBs locked up for the next 4 years.
AB are you sure about the $160,000 per game roster bonus? That's another $2mil./yr and doesn't sound right. Other sites are reporting it's a $10,000 per game bonus.

Edit: Think you just mistyped and meant $160,000 per year roster bonus.
[ Edited by Disp on Mar 25, 2014 at 8:46 AM ]
Miller is like Skuta...blue-collar, old-school, hard-nosed player. Love that. Can't wait to see Bruce lead Lattimore into the hole.
  • DeUh
Mic'd Up: Bruce Miller at Levi's® Stadium Practice

http://www.49ers.com/video/videos/Micd-Up-Bruce-Miller-at-Levis®-Stadium-Practice/72a88ae0-cb5c-45bc-b8ca-1b8cd454826a
Best FB in the game, bar none. And Millard was the best FB in the draft, bar none. Good times!
Originally posted by NCommand:
Best FB in the game, bar none. And Millard was the best FB in the draft, bar none. Good times!

its crazy how he went from a DE/OLB in college to an excellent FB in such a short of time.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

its crazy how he went from a DE/OLB in college to an excellent FB in such a short of time.

I thought he was a WR
Millard was drafted as a TE. Dude looks like a beast catching the ball.

Amazing eye for talent Baalke has.

In no time. And he had a truck load of sacks coming in too didn't he? I remember thinking, "Seriously? Why?" at the time..."We need good pass rushers." And then BAM. It makes you wonder how these things come about. Round-table, Rathman jumps up out of his seat, "Hey guys! I can turn him into an elite FB. Trust me! Draft him!!!!" Baalke, "Tom, seriously, we've talked about this. This is the number to the clinic...call it...now!"
Originally posted by Hangman_52:
Millard was drafted as a TE. Dude looks like a beast catching the ball.

Yeah, sounds like he'll be another H-back for us.

"Fat Daddy." Also known as Trey Millard.

The former Oklahoma fullback, selected by San Francisco in the seventh-round of the draft, has more than a killer nickname. The 6-foot-2, 247-pound jack-of-all-trades has the kind of versatility that made him a popular player for the Sooners.

"Everyone in this area knows I'm his biggest fan," Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops told 49ers.com. "In my mind, he was the most important guy we had the past couple of years on our team. It was not just because of leadership, but because of all the different positions he played, and he'd been our best special teams guy over the past few years as well." Millard suffered a torn ACL in his left knee on Oct. 26 and is currently on San Francisco's Active/Non-Football Injury List. He is one of three 2014 draft picks rehabbing a major knee injury with the team's strength and conditioning staff. Millard rushed 98 times for 578 yards and posted six rushing touchdowns for the Sooners between the 2010 and 2013 seasons. He added 70 receptions for 677 yards and seven more touchdowns as a receiver, too. It's not known when Millard will make his NFL debut. But here is what we do know after a phone call with Stoops.

First Impressions
"We thought he had a great shot to be a special player," Stoops said. "You don't get many guys who are that big that can move, can run the football and have soft hands to catch the football and can block. You can put him on the move and block. He can play fullback, H-back, tight end – we saw a big, incredible athlete who can do so many things."

College Improvements
"He was a great worker with his strength and conditioning through the years," Stoops said. "Year by year, it just got better. As far as on the field, he was always really natural with everything. He was a guy we'd leave back there in a one-back set, and he was fine carrying the ball. You could put him on the line and he could block; you could put him at the fullback spot and he was great out of the backfield. He was natural at all of those things, but the strength and the physical abilities continue to improve as he got older."

Greatest Strengths "He had a 70-yard run against Kansas State," Stoops said. "That was pretty special. Also, two years ago, he caught a ball out of the backfield, hurdles a guy and then knocks another guy over against Texas. He went for about 60 yards on that play. He's got the ability to make those kinds of plays."

Coach's Advice
"I called him the day of the draft and congratulated him," Stoops said. "I told him, 'I don't think you could have gone to a better fit – to a team that fits you better.' I've been around coach Harbaugh and watching him from afar – they value physical guys. They value fullback, H-backs, tight ends in how they play. He can play all of those positions, and he's incredibly smart. I think they're really going to appreciate all of the things he can do."

http://www.49ers.com/news/article-2/Bob-Stoops-Jim-Harbaugh-Will-Like-Trey-Millard/faf59952-121f-45eb-ae8e-cf57a08ce0de
Thanks NC - That was Great!

Our future seems pretty bright w/Trent in charge.
Jeez...thanks NC.
Yeah, sounds like he'll be another H-back for us.

"Fat Daddy." Also known as Trey Millard.

The former Oklahoma fullback, selected by San Francisco in the seventh-round of the draft, has more than a killer nickname. The 6-foot-2, 247-pound jack-of-all-trades has the kind of versatility that made him a popular player for the Sooners.

"Everyone in this area knows I'm his biggest fan," Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops told 49ers.com. "In my mind, he was the most important guy we had the past couple of years on our team. It was not just because of leadership, but because of all the different positions he played, and he'd been our best special teams guy over the past few years as well." Millard suffered a torn ACL in his left knee on Oct. 26 and is currently on San Francisco's Active/Non-Football Injury List. He is one of three 2014 draft picks rehabbing a major knee injury with the team's strength and conditioning staff. Millard rushed 98 times for 578 yards and posted six rushing touchdowns for the Sooners between the 2010 and 2013 seasons. He added 70 receptions for 677 yards and seven more touchdowns as a receiver, too. It's not known when Millard will make his NFL debut. But here is what we do know after a phone call with Stoops.

First Impressions
"We thought he had a great shot to be a special player," Stoops said. "You don't get many guys who are that big that can move, can run the football and have soft hands to catch the football and can block. You can put him on the move and block. He can play fullback, H-back, tight end – we saw a big, incredible athlete who can do so many things."

College Improvements
"He was a great worker with his strength and conditioning through the years," Stoops said. "Year by year, it just got better. As far as on the field, he was always really natural with everything. He was a guy we'd leave back there in a one-back set, and he was fine carrying the ball. You could put him on the line and he could block; you could put him at the fullback spot and he was great out of the backfield. He was natural at all of those things, but the strength and the physical abilities continue to improve as he got older."

Greatest Strengths "He had a 70-yard run against Kansas State," Stoops said. "That was pretty special. Also, two years ago, he caught a ball out of the backfield, hurdles a guy and then knocks another guy over against Texas. He went for about 60 yards on that play. He's got the ability to make those kinds of plays."

Coach's Advice
"I called him the day of the draft and congratulated him," Stoops said. "I told him, 'I don't think you could have gone to a better fit – to a team that fits you better.' I've been around coach Harbaugh and watching him from afar – they value physical guys. They value fullback, H-backs, tight ends in how they play. He can play all of those positions, and he's incredibly smart. I think they're really going to appreciate all of the things he can do."

http://www.49ers.com/news/article-2/Bob-Stoops-Jim-Harbaugh-Will-Like-Trey-Millard/faf59952-121f-45eb-ae8e-cf57a08ce0de

I think I've posted enough about Millard in this forum and the draft forum but I'm so excited about the pick, a guy that will be able to backup Miller at FB, as well as contribute at TE, someone who can run the ball and catch, who is a solid blocker and has tremendous athleticism, I'm not sure how many grasp just how much of a steal Millard was if he returns healthy. He was talked about as an early 3rd rounder and is just oozing potential. Plus he's just an all-around team guy, hard worker with a blue collar mentality, can contribute on special teams.....just an all-around outstanding pick by Baalke.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Aug 27, 2014 at 8:35 PM ]