There are 140 users in the forums

How about that Bruce Miller

What about Will Tukafu?
Originally posted by Mertonschickendance:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by Mertonschickendance:
Not that we know but how much does this negatively affect the running game?

a lot. On most, if not all, of Gores big runs come behind a bruce miller block.

Damn this may be a big blow. Curious too see who fills that role now. Is Dixon the same size/strength wise as miller? We know he's faster which may be better for dump off passes but don't know how effective he is as a blocker

major downgrade at the position.
Dixon will fit in fine. I follow dude on IG and he is very humble, you can tell he loves the game and all he wants to do is play football. He may not be as polished as a blocker as Bruce, but hell we converted Bruce from a DE so I'm sure getting Ant to lay a solid block should not be an issue. Where I think he will help out is pass protection and slipping out the backfield and catching some passes. Would love to have Bruce here but I think Ant will get us by just fine.
dixons a beast anyway. he can run better and faster than any fullback we could put in there and his vision has improved a lot over the years. as for blocking duties hes not bad at tht either and im sure the big TE we drafted can get in on that part of the game too. bruce is a great FB but its not the end of the world. if any part of our offense were to get injured and not effect us so much it would probably be the FB
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Dajanksta:
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Originally posted by Dajanksta:
Gonna sign Moran Norris lol

William Floyd would have been a perfect fit.

Bar None!

Maybe Fred Beasley will come out of retirement
he sucked in his last year here
Man this sucks. I love that ginger
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
dixons a beast anyway. he can run better and faster than any fullback we could put in there and his vision has improved a lot over the years. as for blocking duties hes not bad at tht either and im sure the big TE we drafted can get in on that part of the game too. bruce is a great FB but its not the end of the world. if any part of our offense were to get injured and not effect us so much it would probably be the FB

Apart of me is really stricken by this loss, but another part of me is gonna be excited to see Dixon Monday night. The guy is hungry, healthy, and wants to contribute, and he can actually block, has been a special teams stud this year.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

Apart of me is really stricken by this loss, but another part of me is gonna be excited to see Dixon Monday night. The guy is hungry, healthy, and wants to contribute, and he can actually block, has been a special teams stud this year.

Last year we unleashed Kap on Monday night....Boobie this year!
Originally posted by Jcool:
Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows

Hearing that Jim Harbaugh's college fullback Owen Marecic will NOT sign with the #49ers.

Marecic is a Moran, or a Moron

Let's see:

I don't have a job

A job opened up on one of the hottest teams in the NFL

That team was in the Super Bowl, the NFC Championship the year before

The coach was my college coach

I'm pouty that I got cut earlier

P.S. Derp

Hey Owen, no one is going to sign you between now and the end of the season. Or next offseason, and you will fade away, angry, bitter, dissilusioned

You might have a chance to show something here. In fact, Kaep likes to use the FB as a checkdown. At a minimum, this would be an audition for another team

You might have gone to Stanford, but this was a PS 183 decision.
[ Edited by wysiwyg on Dec 16, 2013 at 7:02 PM ]
Originally posted by wysiwyg:

Let's see:

I don't have a job

P.S. Derp

Hey Owen, no one is going to sign you between now and the end of the season. Or next offseason, and you will fade away, angry, bitter, dissilusioned

You might have a chance to show something here. In fact, Kaep likes to use the FB as a checkdown. At a minimum, this would be an audition for another team

Maybe the dude just doesn't want to play anymore? He's got a degree from Stanford, pretty sure he can find some other ways to make money besides football. I'm not going to judge him, who knows what might be going on in his life.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Pete Mensonides ‏@pmensoni

@timkawakami Marecic likely another of the "disagreements" Harbaugh and Baalke have had this year, as referenced in your earlier item.

Tim Kawakami ‏@timkawakami

@pmensoni that would be correct.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by wysiwyg:

Let's see:

I don't have a job

P.S. Derp

Maybe the dude just doesn't want to play anymore? He's got a degree from Stanford, pretty sure he can find some other ways to make money besides football. I'm not going to judge him, who knows what might be going on in his life.

He Phoenix, wazzup

That might be the case. He was a 2011 4th round pick. If I had that ability, and a Stanford degree, of which I have neither lol, I would want to "leave it all on the field"

John Frank, the TE we drafted in '86 decided to go to med school after 2 years in the league. He's a surgeon now. That is where his heart was. I respect that.

Marecic actually worked out and went through a physical, which, to me, indicates he still wants to play.

Some guys (Balmer, Coffee, Woods) just can't handle the NFL and don't want to play. If Owen came out and said, "You know, I don't want to play in the NFL, I want to get a job at a venture capital firm on Sand Hill." I'd respect the honesty, just like I never questioned Frank's decision.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Pete Mensonides ‏@pmensoni

@timkawakami Marecic likely another of the "disagreements" Harbaugh and Baalke have had this year, as referenced in your earlier item.

Tim Kawakami ‏@timkawakami

@pmensoni that would be correct.

Ok, this adds new gloss to my other posts.

HMMMM

Interesting. Phoenix, I guess this MIGHT be the reason.

Is there a rift between them that is growing. With talk of Harbaugh going to Texas.

A power struggle? Hell, Walsh had power struggles every year with Eddie D. And dealt with them. He got burned out after 10 years doe.
If it's Kawakami doe, consider the source
I jus hope who ever is FB can catch kapernicks 40mph rock

Doubt Wilhote can...
Share 49erswebzone