There are 50 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

How about that Bruce Miller

Originally posted by ptw1:
No disrespect to Miller, but I rather his money (being reported that he's among the top paid fb's) gone to others first. I trust the FO but I know there are some tough choices coming up and a couple mill a year in salary cap room could be the difference between keeping and losing someone of greater need.

I know what you mean but....... Miller is one of those guys who has done a million little things that have made the team better, and is a player who is improving. Maybe Gore doesn't get shut down against Seattle in the NFC championship if Miller is in there. You could see a difference in the power running game once Miller went down and he is quickly improving as a pass catching FB. I feel like we will not regret this extension.
I love this move, after Crabs, VD and Boldin he was our top weapon in the passing game... He is a beast who is constantly improving and a real throwback to the west coast FB.
[ Edited by 5280High on Mar 20, 2014 at 5:52 PM ]
No disrespect to Miller, but I rather his money (being reported that he's among the top paid fb's) gone to others first. I trust the FO but I know there are some tough choices coming up and a couple mill a year in salary cap room could be the difference between keeping and losing someone of greater need.

The highest paid FBs in the NFL still don't get paid that much. Only Reece and Tolbert make more than $2 million a year.
  • ptw1
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Gavintech:
The highest paid FBs in the NFL still don't get paid that much. Only Reece and Tolbert make more than $2 million a year.

I get that but 2 million on the salary cap is 10 million dollars in a signing bonus on a 5 year contract. So, 2 million isnt nothing. Again I hate that it sounds like I'm taking a shot at miller because I see the things he does.

I get that but 2 million on the salary cap is 10 million dollars in a signing bonus on a 5 year contract. So, 2 million isnt nothing. Again I hate that it sounds like I'm taking a shot at miller because I see the things he does.

I think 2 million is a bargain to keep our Rathman clone in the fold.

$2 million is more than worth it for what he's contributed to this team.
whatever guaranteed Money he gets is a drop in the bucket compared to crabs, Kap, smith and Iupati
Cool! This is a very smart move. He does a lot for our offense, blocking, receiving, and coming soon short yardage back. Rathman is molding him into a beast! He is one of my favorite Niners.
Go Bruce!
Go Niners!
Originally posted by Wrathman:
Cool! This is a very smart move. He does a lot for our offense, blocking, receiving, and coming soon short yardage back. Rathman is molding him into a beast! He is one of my favorite Niners.
Go Bruce!
Go Niners!

Yup. I have a major soft spot for Miller and Bowman. This extension made me very happy.
Originally posted by thl408:

Considering how often the 49ers use the FB, the position is deserving of a 'significant' salary slot within the team's salary structure. Whether we like the FB being used that often is another matter.

Exactly. This is probably another sign we probably won't be changing the offensive structure much with more 3+ WR sets. When we go 4 or 5 receiver-sets, it will still most likely include 2 WR's, 2 TE's and 1 RB/FB like last year. Also, if FB Alex Debniak makes the team this year as a backup to Miller, this may alslo be a sign we're staying the same.
LOVE the move.

Noticeable drop-off when he wasn't in there.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
El Diablo Rojo is here for 4 more years!
*anxiously waits for AB to announce the cap numbers*
I get that but 2 million on the salary cap is 10 million dollars in a signing bonus on a 5 year contract. So, 2 million isnt nothing.

WHUT?
  • ptw1
  • Veteran
I get that but 2 million on the salary cap is 10 million dollars in a signing bonus on a 5 year contract. So, 2 million isnt nothing.

WHUT?

a 10 million dollar signing bonus on a 5 year contract is a 2 million cap hit per year.