There are 70 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

How about that Bruce Miller

For a while there, it looked as if our game-plan was "the Bruce Miller show".

Catching passes in the flat, going out for passes as a WR (and dropping them). Lining up wide constantly. We play this guy like he is Marshall Faulk or Reggie Bush or something. I don't get it.
Rather see him do some lead blocking
Miller seems to be missing blocks so far this season. Some of it having to do with us not running standard run formations. He's probably confused at times on who to block in the read option. Also, I like Miller some what as a pass catcher out of the backfield but really why the f are we motioning him out all the time? Once in awhile fine but if he's on the field he can stay in and help block or go out for a short pass if blockers are holding up. Why send him out? Rather use another WR or RB out there. Think we are outsmarting ourselves again. Also, don't get me wrong either Miller is one of my favorites so this isn't just a rant.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Sep 15, 2013 at 11:17 PM ]
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Miller seems to be missing blocks so far this season. Some of it having to do with us not running standard run formations. He's probably confused at times on who to block in the read option. Also, I like Miller some what as a pass catcher out of the backfield but really why the f are we motioning him out all the time? Once in awhile fine but if he's on the field he can stay in and help block or go out for a short pass if blockers are holding up. Why send him out? Rather use another WR or RB out there. Think we are outsmarting ourselves again. Also, don't get me wrong either Miller is one of my favorites so this isn't just a rant.

Agreed.

I love Miller. As a pass catching FULLBACK.

We use him exactly like the Rams used Marshall. It is truly bizarre.
Originally posted by BrianGO:

Agreed.

and everybody keeps saying "wouldn't it be great if we could use LMJ this way" and we never do...wtf...
Originally posted by swayze:
Originally posted by BrianGO:

Agreed.

and everybody keeps saying "wouldn't it be great if we could use LMJ this way" and we never do...wtf...

stubborn
and restrictive

for all of the praise they get, they limit themselves from obvious things. you can just hear them in the meetings and someone suggests they run a screen to lmj or patton or anyone and they're like "no that's too obvious we need to dig deeper find something new" *blows hair out of face*
This dude is an all-pro FB and another underappreciated non-flashy team player that does ALL of the dirty work to help us win. Awesome game again today!
Originally posted by NCommand:
This dude is an all-pro FB and another underappreciated non-flashy team player that does ALL of the dirty work to help us win. Awesome game again today!

Best lead blocking FB in the league IMO. The rest i dont care about.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:

And hes one of the best catching FB's in the game today!
[ Edited by NikeSBHead on Oct 13, 2013 at 6:49 PM ]

Yeah, everything else is just icying on the cake...and that's a lot of icying! Short yardage runs, 3rd and 4th down conversions, passing game, pass protection, etc. We have GOT to develop someone behnd him just in case Miller...nevermind!
4th best receiver on the team currently
He's becoming one of my favorite 9ers. Always seems to be involved on the offense's big plays.
And so many blasted the pick after Baalke said he was a FB, shame on them. Miller has been a beast. Loved the pick, thought as a OLB, didn't care if he was a FB or OLB, didnt mind it. Turned out great. Lock him up after 2013 when eligible.

Yeah, everything else is just icying on the cake...and that's a lot of icying! Short yardage runs, 3rd and 4th down conversions, passing game, pass protection, etc. We have GOT to develop someone behnd him just in case Miller...nevermind!

He aint going anywhere bud. Gore and HIm are tight now. Or atleast what Lynch said today about what Gore said about Miller. Loves playing with him, and they called him our new swiss army knife. Love him.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
And so many blasted the pick after Baalke said he was a FB, shame on them. Miller has been a beast. Loved the pick, thought as a OLB, didn't care if he was a FB or OLB, didnt mind it. Turned out great. Lock him up after 2013 when eligible.

Yup! And I actually liked the pick when I thought he would play OLB lol. Wasn't worried at all when we converted him to FB. Don't know all the names, but quite a few FBs in the league were college LBs.