There are 136 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

How about that Bruce Miller

Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by verb1der:
Ahh...I was just curious, cause it seems that FBs are a dying breed of players. And I wouldn't be surprised if out of all those teams above, we're the only one who has a FB in the base personnel.

They are, went from every team in the league having one to about half. Then of those half maybe half of those use them in a base formation/most of the game. Probably us, seattle, minnesota, baltimore?, Oak?, car?, etc. Most of the teams take them out in certain passing situations. Like GB and NE when they go spread I think they lose their FB. I'm just guessing though; don't quote me on this stuff.

We really need to adapt to more spread, at least on certain passing situations. I'm sick of seing Bruce Miller split out as a WR, it's annoying!

Originally posted by communist:
WE are elite, thus WE are one of these teams who set the mark what is elite and what is not.

We are elite...mainly because of Kaep.
Beast
Another good extension by the front office. I'm glad we're minimizing the number of guys who will even play out their contract year.

Glad that Miller will be around for at least 4 more seasons.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
good,. we take care of our own, they in turn reward us with good play, we draft well and make clever use of free agency and that is how you build a team capable of making a deep playoff run every year. in todays nfl, that is just about as good as it gets in regards to consistency
Miller has quickly developed into one of the best FB's in the NFL. Tough blocker, good runner, excellent receiver. Dude's a flat-out baller. This is smart money.
Nice. Hopefully we get some more Miller time.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Miller has quickly developed into one of the best FB's in the NFL. Tough blocker, good runner, excellent receiver. Dude's a flat-out baller. This is smart money.

Have contract details been released? Miller wears the #49 well. That is very important. Always have to have someone wearing the #49 and not sucking. What a nice 7th round find.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

did not realize how much we missed the guy till he was not in there
Gotta give props to Rathman. He successfully converted a 7th round DE to FB, and did it fast.
Originally posted by cciowa:

did not realize how much we missed the guy till he was not in there

It's funny how Miller was always Kaep's dump off guy, and then Miller gets hurt then all of a sudden "Kaep can't throw a 5 yard pass". lol
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by thl408:
Gotta give props to Rathman. He successfully converted a 7th round DE to FB, and did it fast.

Also give props to Baalke on this, and most of all to Mr. Miller, himself.

Good extension.

Originally posted by thl408:

Yes!!!!
  • ptw1
  • Veteran
No disrespect to Miller, but I rather his money (being reported that he's among the top paid fb's) gone to others first. I trust the FO but I know there are some tough choices coming up and a couple mill a year in salary cap room could be the difference between keeping and losing someone of greater need.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by verb1der:
It's funny how Miller was always Kaep's dump off guy, and then Miller gets hurt then all of a sudden "Kaep can't throw a 5 yard pass". lol

roman should have used gore more in that arena but thats a whole other story for a whole other thread
Originally posted by ptw1:
No disrespect to Miller, but I rather his money (being reported that he's among the top paid fb's) gone to others first. I trust the FO but I know there are some tough choices coming up and a couple mill a year in salary cap room could be the difference between keeping and losing someone of greater need.

Considering how often the 49ers use the FB, the position is deserving of a 'significant' salary slot within the team's salary structure. Whether we like the FB being used that often is another matter.