There are 100 users in the forums

How about that Bruce Miller

Originally posted by pete98146:
That would entail a screen pass. I'm going to put that on my list to Santa along with a new Porsche 911. Unfortunately doubt I'll get either one

the problem is this isn't madden. our linemen are lumbering giants that aren't very quick (with the exception of staley). screen passes just wont work often or at all with us.

not only are all of our lineman huge, but they f**king suck at open field blocking. remember in week 2 the WR screen to kyle williams that probably should have gone for a TD but boone kind of just ignored a seahawk looking for another seahawk downfield? KW was stopped for a 9 yard gain instead of a 60 yard TD. if it was as easy as "hey, call a screen!" the coaches would've done it. they know our line sucks in that regard
Matt barrows:
Hearing that Jim Harbaugh's college fullback Owen Marecic will NOT sign with the #49ers.

Anybody here why?
Gonna sign Moran Norris lol
Originally posted by Dajanksta:
Gonna sign Moran Norris lol

William Floyd would have been a perfect fit.
Originally posted by frenchmov:
the problem is this isn't madden. our linemen are lumbering giants that aren't very quick (with the exception of staley). screen passes just wont work often or at all with us.

not only are all of our lineman huge, but they f**king suck at open field blocking. remember in week 2 the WR screen to kyle williams that probably should have gone for a TD but boone kind of just ignored a seahawk looking for another seahawk downfield? KW was stopped for a 9 yard gain instead of a 60 yard TD. if it was as easy as "hey, call a screen!" the coaches would've done it. they know our line sucks in that regard

Agree. Our line does not block screens well at all. We can get the RBs involved without screens. The checkdowns are open quite often. Kap just needs to find that balance between taking the easy short completions, and throwing downfield.
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Originally posted by Dajanksta:
Gonna sign Moran Norris lol

William Floyd would have been a perfect fit.

Bar None!
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 25,108
Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows

Hearing that Jim Harbaugh's college fullback Owen Marecic will NOT sign with the #49ers.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Originally posted by Dajanksta:
Gonna sign Moran Norris lol

William Floyd would have been a perfect fit.

Bar None!

Maybe Fred Beasley will come out of retirement
Originally posted by Jcool:
Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows

Hearing that Jim Harbaugh's college fullback Owen Marecic will NOT sign with the #49ers.

Not surprised. We can get by with McDonald, Celek, Carrier, Dixon filling that role by committee. Marecic is not good. Dude was horrible in Cleveland.
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Fucccccccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk.

Ruined my Monday.

Ffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuccccccccccccccccccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk.

This
Not that we know but how much does this negatively affect the running game?
Originally posted by Mertonschickendance:
Not that we know but how much does this negatively affect the running game?

a lot. On most, if not all, of Gores big runs come behind a bruce miller block.
Big Mike better be on his game coming back from his injury.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 25,108
Kyle Williams ‏@KyleWilliams_10

Sad to see my boy Bruce go down one of the stand up guys around this league I'm betting on his full recovery in no time!!!

And I know my dude @Boobie24Dixon ready!! #bangbang #keefvoice
[ Edited by Jcool on Dec 16, 2013 at 6:22 PM ]
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by Mertonschickendance:
Not that we know but how much does this negatively affect the running game?

a lot. On most, if not all, of Gores big runs come behind a bruce miller block.

Damn this may be a big blow. Curious too see who fills that role now. Is Dixon the same size/strength wise as miller? We know he's faster which may be better for dump off passes but don't know how effective he is as a blocker
Share 49erswebzone