There are 162 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

How about that Bruce Miller

Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by 49erphan:
Resurrecting this thread because I recently had some down time so I decided to watch the game where the 9ers played the Seahawks at Candlestick. The play just before Frank's 50 yard run was a third and a yard (and not even remotely close enough for a field goal to go ahead score wise - and without a lot of time left in the game). They handed the ball to Miller who had enough feel for what was going on to find a little opening on the right side of the line to get the first down. And then on the next play Miller was leading Frank on the run. Being the savvy player that Earl Thomas is, when Miller broke to the outside in his lead blocking, Thomas also broke to the outside because he knows that Frank usually follows Miller (for good reason). Except Frank is an even savvier player and was looking for Thomas to break in Miller's direction and so... off to the races.

After rewatching big parts of that game, you can put me with the people that think not having Miller in the NFC championship game hurt the 9ers - maybe even enough of a difference to be the difference between winning and losing.

I'm buying that. Miller is an excellent lead blocker. Dixon couldn't handle the role so they brought back Tuku from who knows where. That was very telling as to what the coaches thought of Dixon as a FB. Then they played Vance as a FB, although Tuku's injury (in GB game) may have had to do with that decision. The FB role was in disarray when Miller went down.

I couldn't agree more...huge fan of Miller and think he may be the best all-around FB in the game. I was b!tching and moaning back in the mock-53's that we needed a pure FB-in-training behind him just in case we were ever to lose him (Iwanted to keep the big Jason Schepler). In the end, it may have cost us more than we realized.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Originally posted by lucky_49:
Miller is an awesome player and his girlfriend is hot

Very hot . . .

http://instagram.com/p/j2iGi5nTvU/#
She sexy but I prefer em a lil thicker through the hips and thighs. But she is definitely a cutey!
Very hot . . .

She dated Matt Barnes :cleat chaser

Atleast he hasn't ringed her yet
I would like to see more passes to thrown to this guy out of the backfield... a-la Tom Rathman... he's has decent hands and what the heck, dink and dunk to this guy when it's there. Could be very effective.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by 49erphan:
Resurrecting this thread because I recently had some down time so I decided to watch the game where the 9ers played the Seahawks at Candlestick. The play just before Frank's 50 yard run was a third and a yard (and not even remotely close enough for a field goal to go ahead score wise - and without a lot of time left in the game). They handed the ball to Miller who had enough feel for what was going on to find a little opening on the right side of the line to get the first down. And then on the next play Miller was leading Frank on the run. Being the savvy player that Earl Thomas is, when Miller broke to the outside in his lead blocking, Thomas also broke to the outside because he knows that Frank usually follows Miller (for good reason). Except Frank is an even savvier player and was looking for Thomas to break in Miller's direction and so... off to the races.

After rewatching big parts of that game, you can put me with the people that think not having Miller in the NFC championship game hurt the 9ers - maybe even enough of a difference to be the difference between winning and losing.

I'm buying that. Miller is an excellent lead blocker. Dixon couldn't handle the role so they brought back Tuku from who knows where. That was very telling as to what the coaches thought of Dixon as a FB. Then they played Vance as a FB, although Tuku's injury (in GB game) may have had to do with that decision. The FB role was in disarray when Miller went down.

I couldn't agree more...huge fan of Miller and think he may be the best all-around FB in the game. I was b!tching and moaning back in the mock-53's that we needed a pure FB-in-training behind him just in case we were ever to lose him (Iwanted to keep the big Jason Schepler). In the end, it may have cost us more than we realized.

This is my only Baalke gripe - but I'm assuming Harbaugh made it a priority.

THIS TEAM NEEDS A VIABLE BACK-UP AT FB TO CARRY ON THE ROSTER.
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by lucky_49:
Miller is an awesome player and his girlfriend is hot

Very hot . . .

She sexy but I prefer em a lil thicker through the hips and thighs. But she is definitely a cutey!
Yeah, his girlfriend looks like a dog to me, she even has whiskers.

But who's that hot chick on the left? Probably a Niners fan who posts here, I'm guessing...
Originally posted by NinerGM:

How about Peyton Hillis...

I actually thought Delanie Walker would have been the ultimate Full Back with his pass catching ability. Walker had some nasty blocks. My belief is that the if the 49ers revolutionized the FB position, they would get that edge over the Seahawks.

I still think Tom Rathman is one of the most underrated players for his role in making the FB a pass catching weapon.

Larry Centers- One would have thought that he would have started a trend having revolutionized the Full Back position w/his blocking ability and added pass catching ability. He ended his career in 2003 with a Superbowl ring, 827 receptions, 6,792 receiving yards and 42 touchdowns.

I like Bruce Miller, but we need to find the next Tom Rathman/Larry Centers.

Peyton Hillis can potentially be that guy, if not we can draft Trey Millard.
Roto world reports 49ers are have began extension talks with Bruce Miller, a favorite of Jim Harbaugh
Originally posted by NinerGM:

Trey Millard. Backup FB/TE and special teams player.

ESPN reports the 49ers have had "preliminary" extension talks with FB Bruce Miller.

One of the league's better lead blockers, Miller is going into the final year of his rookie contract. Also an able pass catcher, Miller is a favorite of coach Jim Harbaugh. Considering the vanishingly-little leverage held by any fullback, the sides should be able to come to an agreement.

http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl/football/
Signing Miller to an extension would be fantastic. As others pointed out, his presence was sorely missed down the stretch. The running game woes in the NFCCG have been well-documented, and I do firmly believe having Miller in would have helped the run game that day.
Originally posted by Touchdownboy1980:
She dated Matt Barnes :cleat chaser

Atleast he hasn't ringed her yet

awww what? if I were a pro athlete, that would be grounds for instant dismissal. After hittin it a few times of course. Look at P. Willis' ex fiance, she's with delanie walker now. Fkn whore.
[ Edited by ChazBoner on Feb 18, 2014 at 5:29 AM ]
H*** gotta eat too!
Originally posted by LayTheWoodall:
Signing Miller to an extension would be fantastic. As others pointed out, his presence was sorely missed down the stretch. The running game woes in the NFCCG have been well-documented, and I do firmly believe having Miller in would have helped the run game that day.

Agreed...plus he was becoming a good outlet, AR in the passing game as well...this helped alleviate the obvious notion that when he's in the formation, the Niner's would be running. We had FB Jason Schepler who I liked and then we brought in Owen Marecic later in the season (cut both). Instead, we ended up having to go with FB/DE Will Tukuafu who later got injured. We also had H-Backs in Harper and Gray and went a different direction. Hopefully this coaching staff learns from their mistakes.

The fact that the coaching staff saw his value after the loss is good...glad he is getting paid more.

This is also an indication we'll most likely be a heavy TE and FB offense again next year.
BRRRRRRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCEEEEEEE