There are 111 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

How about that Bruce Miller

Excited to see what Tukuafu can bring to the table for run blocking...wish we could create a hybrid of Tukuafu and Dixon for the FB combo of rushing/catching/blocking but the team will do what they can. Hopefully it isn't too predictable with Tukuafu coming in on runs and Dixon for passing game but maybe they will get creative and throw it to Tukuafu once to throw them off.
Here is what I don't understand.

If the fullback position is so incredibly important for this offense, why not draft a couple of guys for it? Sure we drafted Miller, but our depth is a DT???

If the position is so critical shouldn't we draft a backup player in the later rounds rather than throwing the pick away on a quarterback and cornerback who we were never going to keep on our team anyway?
Originally posted by BrianGO:

If the fullback position is so incredibly important for this offense, why not draft a couple of guys for it? Sure we drafted Miller, but our depth is a DT???

If the position is so critical shouldn't we draft a backup player in the later rounds rather than throwing the pick away on a quarterback and cornerback who we were never going to keep on our team anyway?

With only 53 spots on the roster it's just hard I think. Turkafu is just one element of replacing Miller & I think he probably would've stuck as a DL/FB had he not been hurt early this year. Dixon is the main replacement but WT gives us another look. I was surprised that Owen M kid didn't re-sign
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
San Francisco 49ers @49ers

#49ers place FB @BruceMill49er on IR, sign FB Will Tukuafu. READ: http://49rs.me/1cbZS8M
Originally posted by BrianGO:

Actually they brought in a backup FB(Alex Debniak) this year but he's on IR, he was hurt in training camp.
I have not read anything on here about it but what does everyone think about B Miller not being in the game against Seattle. Do you think that was the problem with the running game or lack thereof. His absence did not affect them against Carolina
We definitely missed Miller's blocking and receiving. I see him being towards the top of the list to be re-signed long term. Should get 3 more years on top of the 1 he has left. 4 would probably be pushing it since that's 5 total and FBs can fade fast. I hope we announce some time soon a 3 year extension worth around 2 a year.

As for Seattle and the run game I blame Roman for running up the middle every 1st down. We should have spread them out 3 wr and threw short passes then ran some draws once they were backed off. We pounded our heads into the wall again just like week 2 although at least we didn't run with 1 wr and the rest on the line the entire game like that one. I do think our OL is overrated they peaked last year. They should be better than they are although they are still good I think Iupati was banged up all year and he really regressed. Seems like we did just as good with Snyder in there as a banged up Iupati. Goodwin is average to slightly above average. We get Iupati healthy and upgrade Goodwin that would go along ways to getting our 2012 OL back.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Jan 22, 2014 at 8:30 PM ]
My mock Miller deal.

Miller's deal would be for 4 years. He would get a $2.5M signing bonus, which is $625,000 a year for 4 years.

Base salaries would be, $645K(14), $1.5M(15), $2M(16), and $3M(17), add in $100K workout bonuses to each year, and maybe some roster bonus, maybe $150K.

His salaries would be, $1,535,614(2014, Includes remaining $15,614 from his 2011 signing bonus), $2.375M(2015), $2.875M(2016), $3.875M(2017), a total of around $10M in new money.
I think we had trouble running the ball against Seattle is the direct result of losing Miller and with an injured Tukuafu.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
I think we had trouble running the ball against Seattle is the direct result of losing Miller and with an injured Tukuafu.

Not the majority. The plays were just telegraphed, like they have been the last month or so. Everyone knows when Frank will get the ball. There's 3 linebackers behind the line 1/2 second after the snap. Good blockers just won't help that.
Resurrecting this thread because I recently had some down time so I decided to watch the game where the 9ers played the Seahawks at Candlestick. The play just before Frank's 50 yard run was a third and a yard (and not even remotely close enough for a field goal to go ahead score wise - and without a lot of time left in the game). They handed the ball to Miller who had enough feel for what was going on to find a little opening on the right side of the line to get the first down. And then on the next play Miller was leading Frank on the run. Being the savvy player that Earl Thomas is, when Miller broke to the outside in his lead blocking, Thomas also broke to the outside because he knows that Frank usually follows Miller (for good reason). Except Frank is an even savvier player and was looking for Thomas to break in Miller's direction and so... off to the races.

After rewatching big parts of that game, you can put me with the people that think not having Miller in the NFC championship game hurt the 9ers - maybe even enough of a difference to be the difference between winning and losing.
Originally posted by 49erphan:
Resurrecting this thread because I recently had some down time so I decided to watch the game where the 9ers played the Seahawks at Candlestick. The play just before Frank's 50 yard run was a third and a yard (and not even remotely close enough for a field goal to go ahead score wise - and without a lot of time left in the game). They handed the ball to Miller who had enough feel for what was going on to find a little opening on the right side of the line to get the first down. And then on the next play Miller was leading Frank on the run. Being the savvy player that Earl Thomas is, when Miller broke to the outside in his lead blocking, Thomas also broke to the outside because he knows that Frank usually follows Miller (for good reason). Except Frank is an even savvier player and was looking for Thomas to break in Miller's direction and so... off to the races.

After rewatching big parts of that game, you can put me with the people that think not having Miller in the NFC championship game hurt the 9ers - maybe even enough of a difference to be the difference between winning and losing.

I'm buying that. Miller is an excellent lead blocker. Dixon couldn't handle the role so they brought back Tuku from who knows where. That was very telling as to what the coaches thought of Dixon as a FB. Then they played Vance as a FB, although Tuku's injury (in GB game) may have had to do with that decision. The FB role was in disarray when Miller went down.
Miller is an awesome player and his girlfriend is hot
Originally posted by lucky_49:

YANL
Originally posted by lucky_49:

Very hot . . .

http://instagram.com/p/j2iGi5nTvU/#