There are 65 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

How about that Bruce Miller

Originally posted by NJNiner:
Source: #49ers worked out former DL/FB Will Tukuafu today; have not yet decided on whether to add him to the roster in place of Bruce Miller

so basically... Dixon at FB for regular plays..then Tukuafu comes in on short yardage/goal line situations.

I'm ok with that...but it just seems like we could use that active roster spot for something else.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

his workout consisted of fly patterns and hook routes.

You know this is the truth.

HaRoMan, "OK Will, now that you've eaten all off season and are up to 330 pounds, we're going to design some go-routes out on the edges at both the X and Z. Nobody will see that one coming! How's your hands? We're gonna save you and these plays for the playoffs!"
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

his workout consisted of fly patterns and hook routes.

You know this is the truth.

HaRoMan, "OK Will, now that you've eaten all off season and are up to 330 pounds, we're going to design some go-routes out on the edges at both the X and Z. Nobody will see that one coming! How's your hands? We're gonna save you and these plays for the playoffs!"

"Go lineup wide, next to Snyder and run a pick for him."
^^sad but true^^
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Have they signed anyone yet?
Matt Maiocco @MaioccoCSN No roster moves for the 49ers today, and I doubt whomever they add will crack the active 46, anyway.
JaMarcus Russell down to a svelt 309 lbs, Greg Roman is having a wet dream thinking about the possiblities.
[ Edited by Ronnie49Lott on Dec 17, 2013 at 4:41 PM ]
No fullback is gonna hurt the offense. My guess is celek will be the lead blocker. Kaep seems to find Miller more than anybody when he does check it down.
Originally posted by lamontb:
No fullback is gonna hurt the offense. My guess is celek will be the lead blocker. Kaep seems to find Miller more than anybody when he does check it down.

Time for that to change. More spread and getting it to our speedy backs, Hunter and LMJ need more action!!!!
Originally posted by Magzarillious:
Time for that to change. More spread and getting it to our speedy backs, Hunter and LMJ need more action!!!!

Amen!!!
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Magzarillious:

Amen!!!

This!! I have no idea why we even bothered drafting these guys if we had no plans of getting them the ball in space. We're not playing these guys up to their potential.
I know Dixon is not as good lead blocking, but I do like idea of him seeing kind of pass targets that Miller saw.
Has he been placed on IR yet? Maybe the 49ers holding out hope that if we make it deep he can maybe come back?
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Cam Inman ‏@CamInman

League source confirms it looks like #49ers bringing converted DT Will Tukuafu back to help fill Bruce Miller's void at FB
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Jeff Deeney ‏@PFF_Jeff

Will Tukuafu played 92 snaps on offense for #49ers in 2012, and earned a +5.5 grade run blocking. Did not have a rush or a pass target