There are 62 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

How about that Bruce Miller

Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows

Jim Harbaugh on #KNBR says #49ers will have an announcement on a backup FB later today. They're bringing in someone for a workout, he said

Please tell me its:

Quinn Johnson
Jacob Hester
John Connor aka terminator
Spencer Larsen

Bryant Young
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows

Jim Harbaugh on #KNBR says #49ers will have an announcement on a backup FB later today. They're bringing in someone for a workout, he said

Please tell me its:

Quinn Johnson
Jacob Hester
John Connor aka terminator
Spencer Larsen

Bryant Young

The only one of the 4 listed that is a viable pass-catching threat is Hester.
Hate to be a dick, but I was watching our past 4 wins closely, and when Miller wasn't out in formation, we had 3-WR sets present (whether it was a run or a pass). In fact this was so obvious it's hard not to see defenses picking this up in the film room.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Hate to be a dick, but I was watching our past 4 wins closely, and when Miller wasn't out in formation, we had 3-WR sets present (whether it was a run or a pass). In fact this was so obvious it's hard not to see defenses picking this up in the film room.

It's very true! Commentators used to say, "Follow Miller and you'll find the ball every time." That was SO true. So if he's out, as a DC, I wouldn't even bother with the run game...DB-up!
Originally posted by NCommand:

It's very true! Commentators used to say, "Follow Miller and you'll find the ball every time." That was SO true. So if he's out, as a DC, I wouldn't even bother with the run game...DB-up!

I was a bit bewildered cause I didn't even notice this, cause Miller has just been an awesome guy, but I haven't looked at all those horrible plays like in the Panthers game where we were 3 & 2, and Miller is out there... and the defenses know it's either gonna be a read-option or a RB.
Might be a blessing in disguise. New plays that nobody has seen?
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
why they bringing in some cat who doesn't know the playbook, when they can just sign schep?
Source: #49ers worked out former DL/FB Will Tukuafu today; have not yet decided on whether to add him to the roster in place of Bruce Miller
Originally posted by NJNiner:
Source: #49ers worked out former DL/FB Will Tukuafu today; have not yet decided on whether to add him to the roster in place of Bruce Miller

That's a big dude.

Roman gonna send him on fade routes. .
Originally posted by susweel:

LMAO!!!!! But true...
Originally posted by susweel:

LMAO!!!!! But true...

his workout consisted of fly patterns and hook routes.

if thats the case we will be less predictable because were not just gonna stop running the ball

I was a bit bewildered cause I didn't even notice this, cause Miller has just been an awesome guy, but I haven't looked at all those horrible plays like in the Panthers game where we were 3 & 2, and Miller is out there... and the defenses know it's either gonna be a read-option or a RB.

Truth-be-told, I paid extra attention to that after they said it as well and man, were they right. I would imagine a DC would spot that pattern/tendency with ease.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

if thats the case we will be less predictable because were not just gonna stop running the ball

Agreed...no wait, we're bringing back Will Tukuafu. So now it will be, "Where there is a Will, there's the ball." LMAO