There are 126 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

How about that Bruce Miller

• Eeks
  • Veteran
I actually think Bruce Miller being out may be a blessing in disguise. Miller is a fantastic player. But i think with him being out , the team will chose to spread out the formations a little more using 3wr 1rb 1te. And we may see the return of the read option just in time for the playoffs. Not that im a big fan of the read option. But i do prefer to run the ball with less guys in the box. We are awful when going into JUMBO packages. I say spread it out and run the ball. Even spread Vernon out then the D can only have 7 in the box and more likely 6 with a high safety. Just my opinion. We shall see
Originally posted by Eeks:
I actually think Bruce Miller being out may be a blessing in disguise. Miller is a fantastic player. But i think with him being out , the team will chose to spread out the formations a little more using 3wr 1rb 1te. And we may see the return of the read option just in time for the playoffs. Not that im a big fan of the read option. But i do prefer to run the ball with less guys in the box. We are awful when going into JUMBO packages. I say spread it out and run the ball. Even spread Vernon out then the D can only have 7 in the box and more likely 6 with a high safety. Just my opinion. We shall see

no, marecic will take his place
Originally posted by Eeks:

i say throw it out of the jumbo package and confuse everyone
Sucks he is out for the rest of the year. Hope he gets better soon. Maybe we can open it up a lil bit with 3 WR sets and run out of it into lighter boxes.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
This is gonna hurt our run game significantly and force us to pass more. I dunno if that's a good thing. At least we'll see if V McD can catch maybe but converting in the run game will probably be much more difficult now.

And he's our third leading receiver. This injury kinda bums me out
[ Edited by Antix on Dec 16, 2013 at 3:36 PM ]
Dixon to take over at full back?????????????????
Originally posted by Raul98:

If Marecic passes his physical etc, I expect he'll be the primary FB, but Dixon will likely see some time there, particularly if Marecic struggles.
Originally posted by Antix:
This is gonna hurt our run game significantly and force us to pass more. I dunno if that's a good thing. At least we'll see if V McD can catch maybe but converting in the run game will probably be much more difficult now.

he shouldn't be out 3rd leading receiver
NOW roman will be forced to use someone else which he should have done from day 1.

as far as running getting mike back will help and someone who can get in the way of someone else will help gore he just needs a little bit of space.

and this team has dealt with injury after injury
Originally posted by mug0mug:

If Marecic passes his physical etc, I expect he'll be the primary FB, but Dixon will likely see some time there, particularly if Marecic struggles.

Dixon is a decent blocker and can catch and run pretty good out of the back field since Dixon knows our offense better i would give him a chance to start over Marecic or any one else. Miller being out sucks but i have a feeling Dixon will fill in nicely hes dying for playing time.
[ Edited by Raul98 on Dec 16, 2013 at 3:43 PM ]
Originally posted by H41L5ATAN:
Originally posted by Kronos2560:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
He's on the way

This still makes me laugh! Where's the "Haters gon Hate!" caption?

That play pissed me off so much when it happened. It was a sure touchdown that was blown by his poor athleticism.

I remember the first time I saw the Haters Gon Hate caption on this... oh man I shed tears from lol'ing

I just looked on the web to find it, to no avail.

I remember this one being contemporary to that post

[ Edited by wysiwyg on Dec 16, 2013 at 3:44 PM ]
With Miller out, prepare for a total run n' shoot offense
49ers LB Michael Wilhoite is working out at fullback this week

IN

• Antix
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jonesadrian:

he shouldn't be out 3rd leading receiver
NOW roman will be forced to use someone else which he should have done from day 1.

as far as running getting mike back will help and someone who can get in the way of someone else will help gore he just needs a little bit of space.

and this team has dealt with injury after injury

I'd be less worried if Roman wasn't our OC. He hasn't shown he can use anybody outside of the usual suspects and Miller was a usual suspect.

I guess we'll find out but I'm worried our offense will be bogged down even more since Roman obviously doesn't trust anybody. Defensive injuries don't worry me too too much, but anytime a piece of our offense goes down I do.
Originally posted by mug0mug:

Dixon is a decent blocker and can catch and run pretty good out of the back field since Dixon knows our offense better i would give him a chance to start over Marecic or any one else. Miller being out sucks but i have a feeling Dixon will fill in nicely hes dying for playing time.

Miller used to motion out and line up wide, so get ready for Dixon split wide .
I'd be less worried if Roman wasn't our OC. He hasn't shown he can use anybody outside of the usual suspects and Miller was a usual suspect.

I guess we'll find out but I'm worried our offense will be bogged down even more since Roman obviously doesn't trust anybody. Defensive injuries don't worry me too too much, but anytime a piece of our offense goes down I do.

understood. and i don't even think its trust
i think it's the need to prove a point nobody cares about.

everyone said we'd miss walker and the swiss army knife so he said ok im going to show them and make miller that

when he should have said we have the real tools no need to try to make it 1 person we have 4 people to fill that role

miller to block
macdonald to run routes as well as block
hunter and james to be check downs and get into space.

that's the more logical solution than making it a point to use the fb in several different ways just cause other teams don't do it to be "different"