There are 98 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

How about that Bruce Miller

Originally posted by GNS1310:

plays like bruce
that would completely go against the very code of the fullback position
First Josh Morgan, now Bruce Miller.....Kap is always getting guys blasted along the sideline and knocked out for the rest of the season in blowout wins over TB
significant loss but we will overcome! Realistically our next major test will be in the divisional round, so whoever replaces him will have 3 weeks to get fully up to speed.
Originally posted by HessianDud:
significant loss but we will overcome! Realistically our next major test will be in the divisional round, so whoever replaces him will have 3 weeks to get fully up to speed.

And get in shape!
Originally posted by NCommand:

And get in shape!

if Boobie ain't in shape now, he ain't ever gonna be, lol.

And get in shape!

if Boobie ain't in shape now, he ain't ever gonna be, lol.

As much as I think we sign Merecic, I say we let Boobie spin.
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by GNS1310:
Paging Owen Marecic

Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN8m
Jim Harbaugh said FB Bruce Miller has an injury "that doesn't look good" to his scapula (shoulder blade). 49ers likely to add Owen Marecic.

Eff you Baalke/Harbaugh! I warned fans ALL year he was silently one of our best offensive players/MVP's. I said we needed to start developing a real FB behind him just in case. I got excited when we brought in Owen b/c he was a pretty pure FB. Cut. And then we risk Miller in the passing game all year. Screwed if he's out...

Gotta agree with you there. For a team that prefers/depends on power running as the core of its offense, not having a backup FB is not good player management, IMO. We kept some WRs on the roster that HaRo had no intention of actually using instead of having that backup jackhammer FB that makes the running game run.

It's a bit of hindsight now but Miller was a more critical piece than most realized. If it is a broken scapula, he is certainly out for the playoffs. That is one of those bones that does not get a high blood flow, hence it tends to heal more slowly than a clavicle. Let's hope Marecic has some magic here. I am rather skeptical. No other team has found a use for him. That does not bode well for filling such an important role.
If Dixon can block in the run game as well as he does on special teams, we'll be fine with him out there. We wouldn't lose anything in terms of speed with Dixon playing for him either. Pass-catching and routes though, that'll hurt.

Maybe this will force us to pass more and get players like Patton more involved.
Originally posted by BadgerHawk:
As much as I think we sign Merecic, I say we let Boobie spin.

Agreed. I think they'll sign Merecic and let Boobie compete for the spot. Best man plays. Boobie just keeps surprising me and I wont doubt him anymore. He very well could win the job.
[ Edited by NinerG94 on Dec 16, 2013 at 1:43 PM ]
"@#!*&#$!*?&!*" Just when they've turned a corner on truly being as healthy as you can expect we get royally f**ked losing the best FB in the game. Thank you, football gods. Worst f**king timing possible.
Jason Schepler > Owen Marecic
Whenever we play Dumpy Bay, we lose guys to major injury.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
If Dixon can block in the run game as well as he does on special teams, we'll be fine with him out there. We wouldn't lose anything in terms of speed with Dixon playing for him either. Pass-catching and routes though, that'll hurt.

Maybe this will force us to pass more and get players like Patton more involved.

That is a possibility, however, HaRo has not shown much willingness to lean more on the passing game.
I think bringing back owen is not a bad thing. He's very familiar with the offense already and he's a guy that Harbaugh loves.

BUT THERE ARE TWO REPLACEMENTS ON THE TEAM WHO SHOULD GET MORE ACTION

Anthony Dixon would be very interesting to put in the offense. Let's hope that he knows the playbook enough to be the fullback. I get this feeling that Harbaugh and Company doesn't really trust Dixon for whatever reason, maybe it's warranted reason, I don't know. But it would be great to have another weapon out of the backfield, Dixon can catch and block, he's just not 250 like Miller.

The other guy that will get more work is Vance McDonald. I see him taking over more of the Miller role.

But it's a huge loss for the Niners because of the work that Miller has been doing and his timing with Gore and he's been a nice target for Colin and very surehanded.

And finally, it wasn't Colin's fault that Miller got hurt. It's just an unfortunate play.
[ Edited by Oldschool9erfan on Dec 16, 2013 at 1:54 PM ]