There are 157 users in the forums

Alex Smith Total QBR for week 6: 10.3

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by WeAreLegend:
Drew Brees had another 350 yard game. And three (3) interceptions. They lost.

But more yards are better. The WZ know it alls swear to it. Doesn't matter how many losses. 350 yards and loss = good!....

Butbutbut yew kant kompare Brees to Alecks!!

Breeeeeess...be...throw for 300+ every game. Who cares losses. Hes looks sooooo....good.....
Breeeeeess...be...throw for 300+ every game. Who cares losses. Hes looks sooooo....good.....

Under the old system Alex scores a 60 something and brees a 70.
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:
I mean, if you were going to design a QB rating system, what would you want it to spit out in a game with a fumble, a pick, a low completion %, and very low yardage?

Just because he threw a game-winning TD to salvage a bad statistical game doesn't mean it wasn't a bad statistical game.

5-1 Dude.
Originally posted by fastforward:
Like I have said previously, ESPN QBR strangely don't favor come-from-behind TDs. It's a plot to remove Montana from the top of the list of all-time QBs, in a way.

Agree. qbr is so much garbage I refuse to give qbr all caps. Its bogus
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by schmons:
just good enough to come in second to last beating out rex grossman 9.4

http://espn.go.com/blog/statsinfo/post/_/id/28952/highs-and-lows-for-week-6-total-qbr

what a joke.

cam newton comes in at 80.6 with a losing effort

How many wins does Cam have? I forgot
Originally posted by Axl49:

http://espn.go.com/blog/statsinfo/post/_/id/28952/highs-and-lows-for-week-6-total-qbr

what a joke.

Yaaaarrrrdddeeeess = betttttterrr than winnnnss.
Originally posted by Axl49:

what a joke.

my post was to point out what a joke the total qbr rating is, thanks.

But more yards are better. The WZ know it alls swear to it. Doesn't matter how many losses. 350 yards and loss = good!....

I would love for you to find one post on this entire message board stating throwing for 350 yards and a loss is good. Just one. I'll wait.
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:

I would love for you to find one post on this entire message board stating throwing for 350 yards and a loss is good. Just one. I'll wait.

they are referring to all the hissyfits people had after Week 1 because Alex didn't throw for very many yards, and during those tantrums Cam Newton was often brought up because he had awesome yards and is a rookie, thus proving, somehow, that Alex sucks.
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:

they are referring to all the hissyfits people had after Week 1 because Alex didn't throw for very many yards, and during those tantrums Cam Newton was often brought up because he had awesome yards and is a rookie, thus proving, somehow, that Alex sucks.

I know what they are referring to. They are just blowing it out of proportion as usual (see Nate Davis argument, making up words like suxorz, etc). No one has ever explicitly said what these dudes are saying people said. No one ever said throwing for a lot of yards is better than a win. No one ever used the word suxorz. No one ever said Nate Davis is for sure the answer. Its just a pattern of exaggeration and trolling. Yet mods dont seem to have an issue with it. Its funny.

what a joke.

well let me edit this so you understand what im trying to say.
the total qbr rating is a joke, it places too much emphasis on rushing stats for a qb and thus devaluing the true quarterback.

I think after this year ESPN needs to end the QBR system. Alex Smith came in with a high 40 rating for the year (50 is considered average). That's a joke. It's a stupid rating system that wasn't given enough thought.
Anytime you add subjectivity to something some one will find flaws. Was the old way the best no but you cant argue with hard numbers and math.
Share 49ersWebzone