LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 238 users in the forums

Culliver > Peterson

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Culliver > Peterson

Originally posted by brizznasty:
Culliver hasn't been on C'MON Man like Peterson was today. That in itself says it all.

that sh!t was straight
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Culliver hasn't been on C'MON Man like Peterson was today. That in itself says it all.

that sh!t was straight

Lol, I missed it. What did he do?

that sh!t was straight

I thought it was a heads up play.
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:

that sh!t was straight

I thought it was a heads up play.

offsides is a heads up play? in bizarro world maybe
  • BenQ
  • Veteran
way too early my goodness. you guys really hype up the most mundane things about this team. cj still had 100+ yds on the day. hardly what I would call shut down. If anything we really should be commending vic fangio for putting all of our players in a position to win, to make plays. cully can take the underneath coverage because he's got help over the top. that kind of stuff. I'm excited as anyone that so many on this team are contributing big time. We've seen this dance before, let's not get carried away.

Or go ahead because it is actually fun.
Originally posted by 49erFanInTX83:
Glad we took A. Smith instead, screw Peterson, .

IMO, give THAT kid a pass rusher and watch him bloom. Yes, I'm speaking of Peterson.

All I can say at this point is: I'm impressed with Culliver, very much so.
Not getting the corner we wanted gave us both the pass rusher and corner we needed this year.

Peterson is just a case where wonderlic scores matter, he will be solid due to his physical skills but he will need time to learn the pro game. He doesn't get beat physically very often but man do veteran receivers just abuse him mentally with their technique and route running. The game hasn't slowed down for him yet, but after a solid offseason of learning how to play at the NFL level he'll probably make people forget about his rookie year.
Yea I remember when the draft gurus were scratching their heads with Cullivers pick. Even many people on the webzone. Baalke and Harbs know whats going on.
  • mike
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KDTMDSFC:
Originally posted by 49erFanInTX83:
Glad we took A. Smith instead, screw Peterson, .

IMO, give THAT kid a pass rusher and watch him bloom. Yes, I'm speaking of Peterson.

Agreed cards pass rush is pathetic, teams have all day to throw. Very tough on corners to play that way. Luckily for them they should be able to get one of the top pass rusher next year and as we're experiencing with aldon those guys don't usually take long to develop.

jesus
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
85% to 15% culliver.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Who knows about down the road. But Patrick Peterson is a massive liability in coverage. He is worse than Adrian Wilson.

Patrick Peterson in 2011 is a KR, not a CB.
its seems like harbaugh and co. can't do anything wrong at this point! except for not taking the points off the board against dallas and taking the penalty instead lol
Honestly i think Peterson would have done well if we would have drafted him,to me it boils down to coaching we would have drafted Peterson if he was available The Cardinals threw Peterson into the fire early and he's learning the hard way, while Culliver at first was just on special teams for the most part. Then they slowly but surely brought him along in nickel packages not to mention our pass rush is just plain nasty which really has helped our secondary improve as well.
Share 49ersWebzone