There are 367 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Culliver > Peterson

Culliver > Peterson

Originally posted by angelv05:
Haven't watched enough of Peterson this year to pick or choose but Culliver is tearing it up. Dude is always in position and plays the ball well. Think he has potential to be our number 1 corner.

This
  • sfout
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6,308
Kiper had Cully pegged as a 6th round - UDFA lol. I know a few analysts called it the "most puzzling pick" of the draft. I think Cully could be a pro bowl cb with a year or 2. His instincts are incredible.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Good points "NoOffseason!" You dont post often, but you got some nice insight.

Thanks, I really appreciate that

Btw, I actually looked up and the Cardinals actually have 11 sacks until now, which is middle-of-the-pack-ish. But to be honest, eight of those came against Cam Newton in his NFL debut and Tavaris Jackson, so I would still concur that the Cardinals do not actually have a pass rush yet

I still think Peterson might develop into a good corner, he is just in a really tough spot right now and I hope his struggling defense is not shaking his confidence permanently. We will see about him, but I think we will have to wait on real progress for him until next season or so.

But Culliver is really doing great so far, he had a limited (I think it was only a few snaps, right?) start against the Eagles, showed good things against Tampa, but now, battling with a red-hot Calvin Johnson and not only coming away not getting embarrassed, but holding up well against him? Mighty impressive in my opinion

The really nice part? Even if he hits the rookie wall later in the season, his play gives us the luxury to take it slow with Spencer in his injury recovery, so if Culliver really starts to struggle, we still have an experienced Corner we can call up if needed. That kind of depth is really nice to have, especially late in the season
Originally posted by NoOffseason:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Good points "NoOffseason!" You dont post often, but you got some nice insight.

Thanks, I really appreciate that

Btw, I actually looked up and the Cardinals actually have 11 sacks until now, which is middle-of-the-pack-ish. But to be honest, eight of those came against Cam Newton in his NFL debut and Tavaris Jackson, so I would still concur that the Cardinals do not actually have a pass rush yet

I still think Peterson might develop into a good corner, he is just in a really tough spot right now and I hope his struggling defense is not shaking his confidence permanently. We will see about him, but I think we will have to wait on real progress for him until next season or so.

But Culliver is really doing great so far, he had a limited (I think it was only a few snaps, right?) start against the Eagles, showed good things against Tampa, but now, battling with a red-hot Calvin Johnson and not only coming away not getting embarrassed, but holding up well against him? Mighty impressive in my opinion

The really nice part? Even if he hits the rookie wall later in the season, his play gives us the luxury to take it slow with Spencer in his injury recovery, so if Culliver really starts to struggle, we still have an experienced Corner we can call up if needed. That kind of depth is really nice to have, especially late in the season
Agree great post!
Originally posted by sfout:
Kiper had Cully pegged as a 6th round - UDFA lol. I know a few analysts called it the "most puzzling pick" of the draft. I think Cully could be a pro bowl cb with a year or 2. His instincts are incredible.


Kiper et al also massacred Bill Belicheck for taking Logan Mankins in round 1, stating he was a 3rd or 4th rounder at best. Mankins has been one of the most consistent linemen from that class.

I also hated the Culliver pick, and now I feel like he could be the steal of the draft along with Kendall Hunter
Certainly based on draft value.
Cull iver is definaltely playing like a first rounder so......
Neither. We should have broken the bank and signed Namdi, see how well he is doing this year?
Originally posted by 9erred:
Kiper et al also massacred Bill Belicheck for taking Logan Mankins in round 1, stating he was a 3rd or 4th rounder at best. Mankins has been one of the most consistent linemen from that class.

I also hated the Culliver pick, and now I feel like he could be the steal of the draft along with Kendall Hunter

I see a lot of SEC football and thought he was gonna be a good FS in the NFL, guess he is doing alright at CB.
apparently Peterson has allowed 21-28 completions thrown his way for 287 yards (10.25ypa) and 2 touchdowns.

Looks like our first 4 rounds of draft picks are far outplaying Arizona's first 4 picks.

Williams is out for the year, Peterson hasn't been as good on defense as expected, Housler and Acho haven't done much of anything.

Compared to our first 4 rounds,

Aldon is playing very strong, Kap hasn't even been needed, Culliver has played much better than expected and Hunter is obviously made Dixon an afterthought
Culliver hasn't been on C'MON Man like Peterson was today. That in itself says it all.
All I care about is that we got him at great value, he seems to be playing great... and it gave us ALDON SMITH!
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
All I care about is that we got him at great value, he seems to be playing great... and it gave us ALDON SMITH!

this
Well the question is who has been playing better, and that's unquestionably Culliver. As for who I'd want for their career, its way too early to tell.
Glad we took A. Smith instead, screw Peterson, .
...