There are 182 users in the forums

I'll say it.. We have the BEST defense in the LEAGUE

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by jays9ers:
We may give up yards but we do not give up POINTS. This is a Superbowl Quality Defense. If we can get the offense to produce at the level of the defense......watch OUT.

Totally agree. D has been doin a fantastic job so far.
OUR DEFENSE IS THE AUTOBOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Navarro Bowman still up there in the tackle category. Indy has 2 players way far out in the lead but that's because they suck.
[ Edited by angelv05 on Oct 16, 2011 at 4:22 PM ]
Originally posted by baltien:
Well statistically we are ranked top five.....and I'd say our current place (fourth) is well-deserved. Baltimore gets the nod as best because they are just flat out freaks on defense (we're still soft against the pass). But I agree with the sentiment of the post. I'm glad our boys came through when it mattered most and we didn't let Mega....whatever his name is run wild.

Good win!

I agree w/ Baltimore having the best overall D - I could argue either way on run D but I believe Ravens have the better secondary. Our D isn't giving up the points when it matters and that's what matters, but I hope we address the secondary before trade deadline and in offseason.
This isnt news to me, I tried to tell yall last week 9ers were going to put that D-Lock on the lions. LMAO off at sensitve hands baby emotions schwartz
Defense is just amazing. making plays all over the place
  • vaden
  • Veteran
Can't remember the last time our D did so well against an elite passing attack, especially at the end. We always seem to fold, like against Dallas and the Saints last year.

While Stafford still had 293 yards, he only had 5.9 ypa. You throw 50 passes, it's not good if you don't have well over 300 yards. A lot of credit goes to the DL for good pressure, 5 sacks, but our secondary played great as well.
You can say it, I won't jinx it.
Originally posted by jays9ers:
Aldon Smith is a freak of nature.. We have the best front 7 in the league.. It might be time to think about resigning some of our secondary folks...

THIS! I'd like to see Rogers and Goldson re-signed to 3-5 year deals. Also probably time to consider giving Brooks an extension since he is a FA this offseason I think. Would be smart to maybe get Bowman for cheap now also. Team is really coming together especially the defense.
Defense played excellent

• vaden
  • Veteran
held Detroit to 2-15 on 3rd down
Everyone praises the front, but the secondary needs to get some love too. They look to be covering well and aggressively. In fact so well that the refs are giving them the benefit of the doubt on potential interference calls. That is a good thing.
Originally posted by baltien:
Well statistically we are ranked top five.....and I'd say our current place (fourth) is well-deserved. Baltimore gets the nod as best because they are just flat out freaks on defense (we're still soft against the pass). But I agree with the sentiment of the post. I'm glad our boys came through when it mattered most and we didn't let Mega....whatever his name is run wild.

Good win!

Agree
Share 49ersWebzone