LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 404 users in the forums

The Yes, Alex Smith is better than Steve Young Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by TRUCKRATHMAN:
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:
You like Smith more than Montana and Young, you are too lazy to back this POS thread post with any facts or evidence supporting your argument, and you consider having a "football reputation"?? Are you s**ttin me?? You should be banned and never allowed to post another comment about a 49er EVERY AGAIN!

I would NEVER like ANYONE more than montana brother...he will always be my #1 hero....in any sport or capacity

Listen "Brother"!

You said it, not me!!

"After watching montana, young and smith so many times, I actually like smith the most...I know it sounds crazy but I just do"
how is this not locked is beyond me
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
how is this not locked is beyond me

Mods must be occupied playing each other on Madden or something! lol
  • 8to80
MODs, please delete this thread. OP is an obvious troll. f**k you, Lions fan! We coming to take a fat s**t in your house!

EDIT: Wait a second. I don't think he's a Lions fan, cuz it says he joined on August 2010. WTF is going on?!?!
[ Edited by 8to80 on Oct 15, 2011 at 12:14 AM ]
Why can't people just appreciate what we had and what we are currently witnessing. Too generate a thread minimizing the accomplishments of a past great is just plain uncalled for. Joe, Steve and Alex each have their attributes but all three have that insane drive to succeed. As for Alex, I've always believed the coaching was the biggest reason for our team's decline. Now he finally gets the tutelage necessary to succeed which gives him a fair chance to attain the same status as Joe and Steve. Will he?, the first three games were promising but the last two have been amazing, only time can tell, 'til then it's on to Detroit. Oh I'm pretty confident that our D will neutralize their offense and our running attack will stump their D and open up passing lanes, and pretty sure our special team outclasses theirs hands down, but that's just me........keep the faith fellow Niner fans!
Great. Now he's gonna throw 4 picks.
We had no chance...we had no linebackers...romanoswki(sp) couldn't tackle emmitt smith even with a 2 tons of steroids, our best corner was "burnt toast" erik davis, ricky watters was injured and seifert "pissed off" charles haley earlier and sent him to dallas...in laymans terms we basically went from walsh to nolanesque neandrothrolgy
I'm all down with it alex if he finally gets it togather, we gave him a coach seems he's doing well. But i'm not about to say he's better then Steve, let alone Joe! Give me Some Rings, even a playoff game. Then i might say, alex looked like he should be a starter in this league!
Originally posted by btthepunk:
TD-INT 232-107 Passing yards 33,124 QB Rating 96.8 Rushing Attempts 722 Rushing Yards 4,239 Rushing Touchdowns 43

23o.2 TD passes, 33,124 yards, 96.8 career QB rating (second highest ever), most passing titles, most seasons with QB rating over 100, lead the league in TD passes 4 times. Those are some of his passing stats, his running was also tops at QB.

I truly hope Alex can have a better career than Steve did. Wouldn't that be great. We'd have another dynasty.

To say hes better though....

Did u count tampa bays and his usfl numbers in that? Cough cough....kinda like smiths numbers prior to harbaugh?
  • Jiks
If Alex had Bill Walsh and Jerry Rice, he have 6-15 Super Bowls.

funny how you didnt make this thread before the season started.

we all want Alex Smith to do well, but making some dumb, outrageous statement to get attention is weak.

thats the kind of thing little kids do when they get excited about something. we start 4-1 with a competent coach after 8 years of being losers, and some people go way overboard and blurt out things like this.
you should never post ever again after saying something like that. Smith is good and he may become better than one or both of those guys but to say smith is better than Steve Young right now is just retarded. i dont remember steve young getting frazzled when he used to pick teams apart. he may have been frazzled his first seasonor two starting but once he settled down he was a f**kin surgeon on the field. easily my favorite 49er of all time.
  • 8to80
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
If Alex had Bill Walsh and Jerry Rice, he have 6-15 Super Bowls.
This is coming from someone who said "We never went 0-4 with Alex Smith".

Yup! This has officially become "The Yes, I am a dumbass" thread.
Young, the HOF'er, only has the highest passer rating in the history of the league (other than Aaron Rodgers whose QBR will oundoubdetly slip a bit as the years go on).

The only point I'd say you have here is that Steve Young was 30 when he began to get starts at QB and Alex is 27 (I think). Maybe in a few years we can even start to consider this conversation. Until then <facepalm>.
Originally posted by TRUCKRATHMAN:
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:
You like Smith more than Montana and Young, you are too lazy to back this POS thread post with any facts or evidence supporting your argument, and you consider having a "football reputation"?? Are you s**ttin me?? You should be banned and never allowed to post another comment about a 49er EVERY AGAIN!

I would NEVER like ANYONE more than montana brother...he will always be my #1 hero....in any sport or capacity
Originally posted by 8to80:
MODs, please delete this thread. OP is an obvious troll. f**k you, Lions fan! We coming to take a fat s**t in your house!

EDIT: Wait a second. I don't think he's a Lions fan, cuz it says he joined on August 2010. WTF is going on?!?!

Whoah.....wait a sec....don't call me a troll...I have better things to do with my life...mmmmm like raising a family...know how that's like? No worries...I'm not the least bit bitter or angry....I'm as pumped up as all u guys...marinating my steaks and getting the Q and snacks ready for the showdown with Megatron! Can't wait!!!

Still tho... keep the thread going...not sure how this will gain any credibilty here but besides alex, the last 2 guys I was this pumped up about were jake plummer and john keith....
Share 49ersWebzone